Great Chinese food in CM

Bourney0

• 2 weeks later...

We went for lunch yesterday.

Beef with greens - just OK. Beef Tuff

Stir fry veggies OK

Chicken with garlic and chili - excellent.

What wrecked it for us was the owner - presumably - fat Chinese guy with a scraggly bunch of chin whiskers sat on the far LH side of the place, farthest away from the kitchen. Kept up a constant shouting match with the staff, all in Mandarin or course. But this seemingly is a trait of theirs.

When paying our bill was entertained by a large rat climbing the wall and scampering along the beam.

Final straw.

27 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

We went for lunch yesterday.

Beef with greens - just OK. Beef Tuff

Stir fry veggies OK

Chicken with garlic and chili - excellent.

What wrecked it for us was the owner - presumably - fat Chinese guy with a scraggly bunch of chin whiskers sat on the far LH side of the place, farthest away from the kitchen. Kept up a constant shouting match with the staff, all in Mandarin or course. But this seemingly is a trait of theirs.

When paying our bill was entertained by a large rat climbing the wall and scampering along the beam.

Final straw.

I agree. The spicy chicken dishes are usually my go-to.

The rest comes with the territory, I suppose. I spent six months traveling across China on a bicycle and this place brought me back like no other. But it's not for everyone.

I forgot to mention that the area can be quite noisy when there is a concert going on in the parking lot. It can be a bit of a nuisance.

I went about 5pm one night last week, no music on offer. Similar to common chinese restos, but all cooks appeared to be burmese girls. Outdoor tables with beer bottles and smokers plenty.  I ate inside.  Ordered 'ma po dou <deleted>' and 'gan bain dou jiao', two of my favs.

Not bad but swimming in oil, maybe palm oil, which i do not favor.

I'd go back later in the year when the virus, and chinese, are gone. I'd try the chicken/cashew dish. I like the sichuan spicy taste and will check the menu board.

Cost fair, atmos acceptable but no place for a romantic moment.