Safest option for a Bangkok hotel.

geisha

Hi, which hotels or area ( Bangkok) are the safest option during  the corona virus period please ? No budget problem. 
My usual 4 * does tend to have a lot of Chinese clients and I don’t fancy the breakfast buffets at this time Thanks.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, geisha said:

Well there’s still a lot

Did you ask them, or did they just 'look Chinese'?

Hat Yai's full of them, but they're actually Thai-Chinese or Malaysian-Chinese.

• Like 1

I guess Chinese tourists are asking the same, so every hotel what is recommend by farangs, because there are no Chinese, will be recommended for Chinese they ask your question too. If you have bad luck your hotel will be full of Chinese when you´ll arrive.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Chinese tend to go for the big name international hotels, so I would go for a boutique-style guesthouse which charges extra for breakfast. Doubt you'll find many Chinese there.

If it´s recommended as Chinese and Coronavirus free, be sure they will come for sure. 

Btw., Chinese love boutique hotels. That´s the reason why in Chiang Mai so many hotels call themselves a boutique hotel. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

If it´s recommended as Chinese and Coronavirus free, be sure they will come for sure. 

Btw., Chinese love boutique hotels. That´s the reason why in Chiang Mai so many hotels call themselves a boutique hotel. 

Guesthouses, not hotels. Chinese travel in huge numbers so a 6 room guesthouse is highly unlikely to have Chinese guests.

Edited by SteveK

14 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Guesthouses, not hotels. Chinese travel in huge numbers so a 6 room guesthouse is highly unlikely to have Chinese guests.

No idea where you have your experiences from. Here in Chiang Mai Chinese come to 85% as couples, with friends or families. I guess also in Bangkok are a large number of individual travelers. 

43 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

No idea where you have your experiences from. Here in Chiang Mai Chinese come to 85% as couples, with friends or families. I guess also in Bangkok are a large number of individual travelers. 

I have stayed in 4-5 star hotels in the region, Singapore, KL, BKK and Phuket, when my boss paid for it. When I was paying myself, I stayed in more modest guesthouses. There are a lot more Chinese in the big hotel chains. Whenever I stay in hotels like Marriott there are hordes of Chinese destroying the breakfast buffet. They put the food into their handbags.

Edited by SteveK
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I've never seen Chinese guests at Khao San road hotels/guesthouses. Shouldn't that be considered a safe area?

None at Nana hotel either. Although may have to share the buffet with some lady boys 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a different take. Just like the Boeing 737 is probably going to be the safest plane in the sky when it's finally allowed to fly, the Chinese now are the safest group to be around.

1. Chinese travelers have to have a med certificate from home to enter.

2. They are being screened extra carefully here.

3. They are from ground zero, for crying out aloud. They know they are at highest risk, don't want to get sick and you can bet are taking every precaution possible inside their country and out.

So if you give me a choice of a breakfast buffet with a crowd of Norwegians vs. Chinese, I'll choose Chinese. Norwegians coming from one of the healthiest least polluted countries on the planet have no notion of wearing a mask, of washing their hands constantly and not touching stuff, while the Chinese ...

Edited by Why Me

22 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I've never seen Chinese guests at Khao San road hotels/guesthouses. Shouldn't that be considered a safe area?

Actually this is a brilliant answer if that is the concern. Go up or down market, stay away from Huay Kwang and Sukhumvhit.

Mandrin Oriental, etc

Some nice little GH for b900 a night somewhere

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, geisha said:

Well , I think I earned being called ‘ retarded’ . Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer springs to mind . Thanks anyway. 

You're just a geisha. You're not paid to have brains. Your job is merely to entertain men. I for one have found this thread quite entertaining. You should definitely stay in your home country until the virus is over, which it should be by Christmas.

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2020 at 6:10 PM, geisha said:

Hi, which hotels or area ( Bangkok) are the safest option during  the corona virus period please ? No budget problem. 
My usual 4 * does tend to have a lot of Chinese clients and I don’t fancy the breakfast buffets at this time Thanks.

The airport capsule hotel....encase yourself in a germ proof, hermetically sealed unit while you enjoy the amenities that make Bangkok great. You'll have your own ventilation system and you can duct tape yourself in at night to avoid any virus particles from entering from the Chinese tourists in the next pod.

really-nice-and-futuristic.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Civic Horizon is a nice hotel.  Breakfast buffet is mediocre though.  It is mostly Japanese clients.  Rooms have a little kitchen area with sink, microwave, a few dishes.

About a 2 minute walk from BTS station.  But if you are worried about getting sick you probably wouldn't be using it.

For the most part the fear of this virus is overblown.  Regular influenza still kills more people and people aren't going around in a panic because of it.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1