BANGKOK
geisha

Safest option for a Bangkok hotel.

Hi, which hotels or area ( Bangkok) are the safest option during  the corona virus period please ? No budget problem. 
My usual 4 * does tend to have a lot of Chinese clients and I don’t fancy the breakfast buffets at this time Thanks.

• Haha 2

Well there’s still a lot in Pattaya, Central festival had loads yesterday. Where are they staying ?

6 minutes ago, geisha said:

Well there’s still a lot

Did you ask them, or did they just 'look Chinese'?

Hat Yai's full of them, but they're actually Thai-Chinese or Malaysian-Chinese.

• Like 1

I guess Chinese tourists are asking the same, so every hotel what is recommend by farangs, because there are no Chinese, will be recommended for Chinese they ask your question too. If you have bad luck your hotel will be full of Chinese when you´ll arrive.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Chinese tend to go for the big name international hotels, so I would go for a boutique-style guesthouse which charges extra for breakfast. Doubt you'll find many Chinese there.

If it´s recommended as Chinese and Coronavirus free, be sure they will come for sure. 

Btw., Chinese love boutique hotels. That´s the reason why in Chiang Mai so many hotels call themselves a boutique hotel. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

If it´s recommended as Chinese and Coronavirus free, be sure they will come for sure. 

Btw., Chinese love boutique hotels. That´s the reason why in Chiang Mai so many hotels call themselves a boutique hotel. 

Guesthouses, not hotels. Chinese travel in huge numbers so a 6 room guesthouse is highly unlikely to have Chinese guests.

Edited by SteveK

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Did you ask them, or did they just 'look Chinese'?

Hat Yai's full of them, but they're actually Thai-Chinese or Malaysian-Chinese.

And you do not think many of those travel back and forth? 

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Guesthouses, not hotels. Chinese travel in huge numbers so a 6 room guesthouse is highly unlikely to have Chinese guests.

No idea where you have your experiences from. Here in Chiang Mai Chinese come to 85% as couples, with friends or families. I guess also in Bangkok are a large number of individual travelers.