Safest option for a Bangkok hotel.

geisha

you might consider retroasis hotel on sukhumvit btwn asoke and phrom phong BTS stations.  it is on the odd soi side (odd numbers) roughly across from soi 22 (i think it is near soi 29).  there is an au bon pain on corner of soi 31/sukhumvit that you can use for breakfast or further down that way is the robin hood pub.  it is a small place, not expensive, get the best room (45 sqm) and enjoy !!!

http://www.retroasishotel.com/

On 2/9/2020 at 7:10 PM, SteveK said:

I would suggest staying at a hotel which has no "confirmed-positive" guests.

Avoid any "all you can eat" buffets as the Chinese will be all over it. Eat somewhere else.

Also be careful when walking on the side walk, or traveling on the airport train.:cheesy:

On 2/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, bartender100 said:

they are dropping like flies in China,, people are catching it all over the world in all kinds of circumstances.

Somehow (if we can believe the reports from Thai officals) Thailand seems to be an exception.

15 hours ago, bartender100 said:

If I was living in mainland China I’d be concerned. Even there, the number of infections per day has dropped 20%. Comparing infection rate and deaths to viruses that started in far less dense population areas or places like Hong Kong that don’t try and hide the facts from their people and have far better medical facilities is disingenuous. There’s a reason why so few people out of China have died from it.

”But the number of new infections nationally was down almost 20% from the day before, from 3,062 to 2,478.” BBC

On 2/9/2020 at 10:18 PM, geisha said:

Well there’s still a lot in Pattaya, Central festival had loads yesterday. Where are they staying ?

You sure are racist wanting to avoid the Chinese. Better not bother coming to Thailand and just stay in your home country, you'll feel safer.

On 2/10/2020 at 3:28 AM, Why Me said:

I have a different take. Just like the Boeing 737 is probably going to be the safest plane in the sky when it's finally allowed to fly, the Chinese now are the safest group to be around.

I've got new for you, the Boeing 737 has been flying for a very long time already. I took one just a couple of weeks ago.