Sinn Fein demands place in Irish government after electoral 'revolution'

webfact

34 minutes ago, thequietman said:

So lets look at the one link and statement you threw out there.

Sinn Fein the party that supports the IRA and their terrorists activities. It was the only party in the recent election that promoted a referendum for a unified Ireland in 2025.

25% of the population voted for Sinn Fein. The survey your link mentions could have been done on a IRA council estate.

I wouldn't get too excited yet. Plus the big factor when you have two parts that need reuniting, both have to agree.

You have more chance of Northern Ireland agreeing to that than Ireland joining the commonwealth. IMO that is.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

what the haggis????

you mentioned EU,

I just commented that it is probably a wise move of her if she could get some support in the EU environment

Read post 118. you have commented on half of it but no mention of the EU

4 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

waddya mean I omit to mention EU??????????

715819199_Screenshot2020-02-11at5_41_39PM.png.196b8270623edc6fab1b6649da97a1eb.png

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I wasn't making light of anything

Yes that's right and it was a travesty. More British soldiers died from so called friendly fire from the US than all of the 1991 campaign.

This was your response to the US trying to wipe out the Vietnamese population. - "You will be going on about a battle that Scotland won next"

There is no such thing as friendly fire, and the travesty is brexiteers trying to get into bed with the perpetrators. You do do not even realise that Harry Dunn was a good indication that the leopard never changes it's spots.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, evadgib said:

Surely you mean ???????? soldiers as well as their vehicles, even if the occupants were ???????????????????????????? ?

That is debatable, if the occupants had been English would the government have reacted differently?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I wouldn't get too excited yet. Plus the big factor when you have two parts that need reuniting, both have to agree.

For the first time in Irish history, every single one of Ireland's 32 counties is represented by an elected Sinn Féin TD or MP.

872_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, El Matador said:

The young generation who voted against Brexit is also more often in favor of Scottish independence and Irish unification. So the demographic dynamic is in favor of an explosion of the U.K. in the long term.

When you think all started because Cameron only wanted to unify the Conservative Party...

or maybe the younger generation's views will change in pace with that generation changing from being the younger one

well,

some of these issues were simmering before Cameron came on the stage

9 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I don't think you can take comfort from that premise any longer. A clear majority of Scots under the age of 65 want independence. If you are expecting most people to have some Damascene moment in their lives where up becomes down and left becomes right, they seem to be leaving it very late in life these days. 

Starting another Scottish independence thread RR?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You are talking nonsense. You say you are a ex servicemen. Where in the Salvation Army.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/oct/22/american-troops-friendly-fire-iraq

Do I like it no. Do I think the US are a bit 'gun ho, yes'.

Linking it to brexit in any form is shameless.

You should be ashamed of yourself. I am appalled.

More faux outrage.

Odd how any time the armed forces are mentioned in a way which does not flatter Brexit you are utterly appalled.

Mention the armed forces in a way which does support Brexit and you are positively purring with joy.  

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

You should try looking in the mirror, a pathetic attempt to avoid the point in question. You obviously believe it is quite acceptable for the UK government to avoid pursuing the verdict of a UK court.

Brexiteers are desperately trying to find others to blame, Sinn Fein, SNP, EU etc, anything to avoid the responsibility for the direction in which the UK is heading.

If the UK had any respect for justice then these outstanding legal issues would be resolved before any negotiations, of course you would have to have some clout before making demands.

You do like to label everything into Brexiters don't you.

I am speaking as an ex soldier. Regardless of what UK government have been in power Labour/Cons they have failed soldiers.

The treatment of soldier X is shocking and noting to do with brexit or brexiters. So once again you do a lot of assuming with this nonsense statement below that you just pluck out of your crystal ball "You obviously believe it is quite acceptable for the UK government to avoid pursuing the verdict of a UK court".

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 7:35 AM, jonwilly said:

Oh Goody Goody, Bit of luck and they will get a referendum with the North and

manage to Unite to become an Independent Member of the EU.

john

Bye Bye 

Visitor to the North from 69-90, Please GO.

I think there will be unification within a few years. There will then be a growing passion to get out of the EU and trade with the UK.

The Scots will not vote to leave IMO. Great times ahead for all.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I think there will be unification within a few years. There will then be a growing passion to get out of the EU and trade with the UK.

We are all entitled to our opinion. Mine is different from yours. But to give you something to think about. Lets say that Ireland in 2025 have a referendum and vote for unification. Ireland's economy couldn't handle a unified at the moment.

What about the Northern Irish. Do you honestly believe that the DUP and Loyalists will agree to this. To be unified two parties have to agree. It will never happen.

I agree with you on Scotland but that will upset a few on here.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

We are all entitled to our opinion. Mine is different from yours. But to give you something to think about. Lets say that Ireland in 2025 have a referendum and vote for unification. Ireland's economy couldn't handle a unified at the moment.

What about the Northern Irish. Do you honestly believe that the DUP and Loyalists will agree to this. To be unified two parties have to agree. It will never happen.

I agree with you on Scotland but that will upset a few on here.

What is it about reunification that the Irish economy couldn't handle? Is Northern Ireland significantly behind the South in terms of development, infrastructure etc? 

Lord Ashcroft's poll, from September, indicates that there is majority support in the North for reunification. Should we really let loyalist terrorists stand in the way of democracy? Hardly the British thing to do, is it? 

• Like 2