single entry tourist visa

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

More information would help. What passport will you travel on and how long do you want to stay. Do you expect to enter multiple times? 

If you are from a Visa Exempt country and wish to stay only 30 days or less, arrive without a Visa. 

Firstly thankl you for your quick reply..

I will be travelling with a uk passport and I am wanting to stay there for as long as possible as I will be with my thai friend (not Girlfriend)…. 

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You could get a Tourist Visa online or at a consulate. A single entry for 60 days is given and a 30 day extension can be obtained in Thailand. 

'As long as possible' (ie longer) you would need to look at other options.

Thanks again for the quick reply ….

So presuming after ive done the extension will be possible to cross borders lets say for e.g lao or malaysia and get another re-entry for another 60 days and keep extending for another 30 days...  how many times can you do this? How strict are they on this type of law in Thailand?

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You could get a Tourist Visa online or at a consulate. A single entry for 60 days is given and a 30 day extension can be obtained in Thailand. 

'As long as possible' (ie longer) you would need to look at other options.

How to get a  Tourist visa online  ( with USA passport) 

OP, you state "as long as possible" 

Check out a multi entry tourist visa.

METV. Don't be put off by the requirements. That would enable almost 9 months with "clever" use.

As for trips outside of thailand, being UK you are visa exempt 15 days to Vietnam. 

There are also various ways to extend your stay in Thailand.

With what you describe, personally I would not enter los visa exempt and extend then border bounce unless 3 or 4 months is all you want.

Edited by DrJack54

21 minutes ago, Ma Noi said:

Thanks again for the quick reply ….

So presuming after ive done the extension will be possible to cross borders lets say for e.g lao or malaysia and get another re-entry for another 60 days and keep extending for another 30 days...  how many times can you do this? How strict are they on this type of law in Thailand?

That would require a Multiple Entry TV, the requirements are somewhat more. Check here.

Another option is to try and obtain another Tourist Visa at a Thai Embassy in Malaysia/Lao/ Vietnam. There is no written limit, but some nearby Embassies are not issuing more than a single Tourist Visa, and the longer you remain in Thailand the more likely you will be scrutinized on entry. Recently they have become stricter and at some point you would likely be refused entry.  

23 minutes ago, roaming2019 said:

How to get a  Tourist visa online  ( with USA passport) 

OP has a UK passport....   applications at the Thai Embassy in London are on-line now. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you state "as long as possible" 

Check out a multi entry tourist visa.

METV. Don't be put off by the requirements. That would enable almost 9 months with "clever" use.

As for trips outside of thailand, being UK you are visa exempt 15 days to Vietnam. 

There are also various ways to extend your stay in Thailand.

With what you describe, personally I would not enter los visa exempt and extend then border bounce unless 3 or 4 months is all you want.

Thank you very much for your input that has been very helpful i will look into this multi entry option...

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That would require a Multiple Entry TV, the requirements are somewhat more. Check here.

Another option is to try and obtain another Tourist Visa at a Thai Embassy in Malaysia/Lao/ Vietnam. There is no written limit, but some nearby Embassies are not issuing more than a single Tourist Visa, and the longer you remain in Thailand the more likely you will be scrutinized on entry. Recently they have become stricter and at some point you would likely be refused entry.  

so I have just read on the website For Multiple Entries (stay up to 60 days for each entry within the period of 6 months) 

so woulds this mean that I have to cross a border every 60 days for more than 24 hours or how would be the best wqay to do this please in your opinions... ? 

KInd Regards

39 minutes ago, Ma Noi said:

so woulds this mean that I have to cross a border every 60 days for more than 24 hours or how would be the best wqay do this please in your opinions... ?

Yes, you would need to exit Thailand before your 60-day permission to stay expires (or extend your permission to stay for 30 days at a local IO - cost 1.900 THB).

At several border-crossings you can exit/enter same day and are not required to stay 24 hours (just hop-over and come back), some don't even require a Visa on entry when doing this but allow a - cheaper - same-day border-pass.

Doing a border-run just before the expiry of your 6 months METV, will provide you once again with a 60 day permission to stay (that can be extended 2ith an additional 30 days) > hence the almost 9 months you can squeeze out of an METV.

12 hours ago, Ma Noi said:

so I have just read on the website For Multiple Entries (stay up to 60 days for each entry within the period of 6 months) 

so woulds this mean that I have to cross a border every 60 days for more than 24 hours or how would be the best wqay to do this please in your opinions... ? 

KInd Regards

It would seem best to cross once and then get an extension, then again and try a final one just before the Visa expired, that could give a total of 9 months use. Some land borders are still amenable to  in and out, but a small extra payment may be required. Do that research when needed... Poipet border is often mentioned as one to avoid. On the other hand Nong Khai is spoken of as not a problem, Vientiane OK for a days stopover . If flying apparently Chiamg Mai better than DMG. Hard to keep up to date on all this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

The OP said he never visited Thailand before.

On his first METV he would for sure not encounter any trouble re-entering Thailand either by land-border or air.

I was thinking more wrt the 3rd or 4th entries, as I get an impression that the OP may well do that. There have been reports of people with METV being well scrutinized at DMG. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:20 AM, Peter Denis said:

Yes, you would need to exit Thailand before your 60-day permission to stay expires (or extend your permission to stay for 30 days at a local IO - cost 1.900 THB).

At several border-crossings you can exit/enter same day and are not required to stay 24 hours (just hop-over and come back), some don't even require a Visa on entry when doing this but allow a - cheaper - same-day border-pass.

Doing a border-run just before the expiry of your 6 months METV, will provide you once again with a 60 day permission to stay (that can be extended 2ith an additional 30 days) > hence the almost 9 months you can squeeze out of an METV.

Yeah sounds like a good idea Thanks for the info..