BANGKOK
pagallim

Two dead in Phuket speedboat collision

30 minutes ago, Percy P said:

And the tourist board want to put a fee on tourists coming to Thailand. I think it should be the other way round, tourists should be paid a fee to come to Thailnd

Keep this up and they will have to pay the tourist to come here

1 minute ago, Ireland32 said:

No Chinese Tourist now the Russians are up

Still waitng for the Indian billionaires who'll save the tourist industry.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gene1960 said:

It's 5 knots. There is a big sign on the Chanel exit from. Boat Lagoon. 

R. I. P. 

Thanks for the information,I watched the video and that definitely was not 5 knots. Both the operators of those boats should be charged with dangerous operation of a watercraft resulting in the death of 2 people. My heart goes out to the parents of those two kids. I hope the Thai government assists the parents in returning their deceased children back to their home country. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

I wonder if the drivers will loose their captains license?  😉

What license is that?

I will email the Health Minister to complain and suggest that everyone should wear masks on speedboats. RIP to the deceased.

Image result for faceless masks

1 minute ago, Titan1962 said:

Thanks for the information,I watched the video and that definitely was not 5 knots. Both the operators of those boats should be charged with dangerous operation of a watercraft resulting in the death of 2 people. My heart goes out to the parents of those two kids. I hope the Thai government assists the parents in returning their deceased children back to their home country. 

Yes. Thank you. 

I am based in Boat lagoon and have a boat there. It happens every day when those young pilots drive their boats at 20 knots in the inland Chanel, even in the low tide. 

Another thing. There are mostly Russian tourists who use the speedboats from BL. And the speedboat companies relied on them almost exclusively. The rest of tourists left. Now they will scare the Russians,if it's possible. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tirekicker said:

"Thai seamanship".......During my 30 years experience of working in the offshore Marine industry both subsea and topside I witnessed the seamanship of two Thai Mariners who happened to be The Captain and The Mate of a anchor handling tug which required the manouvering and positioning of 25 ton anchors used to reposition oil rigs. Both these guys were polite well mannered but terrible seaman giving me uneccesary drama on deck even in the calmest of weather. Needless to say they didn't last long and were not invited back to the Field. 

Many captains avoid hiring Thai nationals as crews because they don't care about their own life and life of the crew members. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Phuket Stan said:

It used to be 5 knots per hour 10 or so years ago....don't know what it is now....90% of them should never be allowed in the sea never mind in charge of a boat

48 minutes ago, Percy P said:

And the tourist board want to put a fee on tourists coming to Thailand. I think it should be the other way round, tourists should be paid a fee to come to Thailnd

Maybe the fee will be re funded if they leave alive .

surprised about the fatal accident in this low period - negligence?

40 minutes ago, Gene1960 said:

It's 5 knots. There is a big sign on the Chanel exit from. Boat Lagoon. 

R. I. P. 

Yes but like minbus drivers anything goes. Don't loose face whatever happens.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Can't  drive on  land cant drive  on the water, want to fly  with them?

No dont, fly with them dont, go on a boat with them, dont go on a bus with them, dont ride a bike with them, go another country is safest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1