Two dead in Phuket speedboat collision

pagallim

49 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Without papers they will not be allowed to leave. This is checked regularly.

Steve I wonder if the checks are port dependent? I seriously cannot remember the last time our crews were checked at the marina however we do leave very early and this would be inconsistent with the working hours of the marine department.

That said the National Park rangers in Phang Nga are now throwing around the threat of a 100k fine for incomplete papers..... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Hardly any tourists and they still manage to hit each other. What a farce. 

RIP for the ones dead.... but it starts to look very similar to the way it started with the Chinese, boat after boat accident, break failure hitting/hurting Chinese and a couple months later the Chinese looked somewhere else for their vacation..... now the Russians by next year Russians tourists down by 50% ... Thailand doesn't learn from their mistakes

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

So I take it that the local marine police have been watching speedboats breaking the speed limits and have done nothing. The local marine police should take some responsibility, discipline them too.

You are assuming the marine police have even bothered to be on site or in nearby waters......it is a rare sight to see them at RPM........it is completely standard operating procedure for boats to enter the last 90 degree turn at ~28kts with no more than 50m visibility.

The boats based at Boat Lagoon have another 300m to travel so they typically stay at high all the way through the channel.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: At least two people died and up to 22 people were injured in a speedboat collision off Phuket’s east coast this morning (Feb 10).

All the safety measures are in place for every eventuality.... have confidence in them they say.

In control of nothing.... never a lesson learnt, I'm sure the Chinese are watching this with interest, and Thailands trying to woo them back!!!!!

They can start a killing-captains club in Phuket...

Every month a new member is born.

I bet the Phuket captains don't get any punisment for it, that's the main problem...If they would get harsh punishment this would be over soon. Just put their faces on national tv for a week in the morning news...then it won't happen again.

• Like 1

R.I.P. Children your lifes were taken far to soon. It unimaginable 

of the pain these parents are in.

These type of reckless avoidable incidents should investigated 

and persons penalized accordingly and if at fault a lifetime 

license revoked. 

One boat was going a high rate of speed for the conditions. 

As others said this type of accidents will put a damper on

these types of businesses. 

• Like 2

Why are tragic accidents  and events always used for trashing Thailand? Boat accidents do occur worldwide.

July 2018, 17 tourists killed in a boat accident in good ol' usa. (and its not the only deadly boat accident, thank you Google)

So now i have a legit excuse to trash Americans? 

Its just plain dumb ignorant arrogant and rascist to explain everything that happens (boat accident, mass shooting) with a dull "didnt want to loose face" explanation.

Edited by herwin1234
wasnt finished yet
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Police release details of dead, injured in Phuket speedboat collision

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1581330661_1-org.jpg

Phuket Vice Governor Supoj Rotreuang Na Nongkhai faces the media earlier today (Feb 10). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- The Phuket Tourist Police have released basic details of the deadly Phuket speedboat collision that occurred in a channel accessing two major Phuket marinas this morning (Feb 10).

ourist Police were notified of the collision at 8am, said the report.

Speedboat Payan 5 of Seastar Tour Co, with just three crewmen on board, was en route from AA Pier at Laem Nga on Koh Siray in Rassada to pick up tourists at Royal Phuket Marina when it collided with speedboat ALP111 of Andaman Leisure Phuket Co at the channel entrance to Royal Phuket Marina, explained the report.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-release-details-of-dead-injured-in-phuket-speedboat-collision-74766.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-02-10

25 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Because it happens VERY often in Thailand...last month a fisherman hit the ferry to Koh Chang....i mean, how can you not see a huge ferry?

"last month a fisherman hit the ferry." Wowy. And how many people died? 

Do you know Youtube? You should look for "deadly accidents". Its just mesmerizing to see one deadly accident after another. Russia is especially notorious for the many and insane road accidents.

My point is, accidents happen, worpdwide, its tragic, lets stick to offer condolences, not to wrongly abuse tragic deaths for trashing a whole nation and its people.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, herwin1234 said:

"last month a fisherman hit the ferry." Wowy. And how many people died? 

Do you know Youtube? You should look for "deadly accidents". Its just mesmerizing to see one deadly accident after another. Russia is especially notorious for the many and insane road accidents.

My point is, accidents happen, worpdwide, its tragic, lets stick to offer condolences, not to wrongly abuse tragic deaths for trashing a whole nation and its people.

Are the Russian roads more dangerous than the Thai roads? I bet 100 euro on not...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Police release details of dead, injured in Phuket speedboat collision

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1581330661_1-org.jpg

Phuket Vice Governor Supoj Rotreuang Na Nongkhai faces the media earlier today (Feb 10). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- The Phuket Tourist Police have released basic details of the deadly Phuket speedboat collision that occurred in a channel accessing two major Phuket marinas this morning (Feb 10).

ourist Police were notified of the collision at 8am, said the report.

Speedboat Payan 5 of Seastar Tour Co, with just three crewmen on board, was en route from AA Pier at Laem Nga on Koh Siray in Rassada to pick up tourists at Royal Phuket Marina when it collided with speedboat ALP111 of Andaman Leisure Phuket Co at the channel entrance to Royal Phuket Marina, explained the report.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-release-details-of-dead-injured-in-phuket-speedboat-collision-74766.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-02-10

Loads of details but not ONE WORD about what happened...didn't he interview those captains? Both boats had a crew of 3 persons, why not ask them about it?

• Like 1

Off topic and troll posts removed, topic title is:

Two dead in Phuket speedboat collision

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1