Do you think Humanity must survive

Assurancetourix

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Must? That's a strong word. Kind of arrogant. But I think there is value in humanity though of course we're a species capable of extreme evil in ways other earth animals are not.

The problem is here .

arrogant in a broad sense; maybe I should have written "may" or "is still able to" survive; despite all the bulls*hit he does regularly ...
Being said to be the most intelligent species;
the most intelligent compared to what or to whom?

Since a while ago (yesterday, in fact) I wrote that the profession of doctor does not seem useful to me;
what do you think of that of artists in general and more particularly musicians;
I cannot live happily without listening at least once a day to concerto n * 3 in D minor by Rachmaninoff;

and if played by Yuja Wang, it's a plus for me.

Edited by Assurancetourix

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

In my opinion (and I respect it, of course! :whistling:) You really have to have a hell of a grain or a huge hole in your head to believe in a so-called superior entity that would have created us.
and prostrating one or more times a day before a so-called invisible being who has never appeared (and never will) shows how completely immature Man is still.
Prophets of all kinds still have a bright future ahead of them; billions of gullible people wait for them to come forward to worship them and give them the little they have managed to set aside

Must do it anyway!
To succeed in convincing millions of people that they will have eternal wealth when they die ...:cheesy:
While they, down to earth, amass them while they are alive
To be credulous at this point?
How can a so-called superior being with an intelligence above all other species believe such nonsense? .

I think to be fair the problem is that most people believe almost anything if you only repeat it often enough.

When kids grow up with parents who are sure there is a god and go all the time to church then I guess that becomes an absolute normal part of your life, like eating every day.

I think most of us would never think about not eating every day. That's just what you do - everybody does it.

And maybe religion is similar. If you always did it and everybody around you did it then it's difficult to even think about that that is not necessary. Imagine if you are i.e. 30 years old and imagine how much time you wasted with religion. I guess it's a lot easier to just continue and not think about it too much.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 3:50 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I think to be fair the problem is that most people believe almost anything if you only repeat it often enough.

When kids grow up with parents who are sure there is a god and go all the time to church then I guess that becomes an absolute normal part of your life, like eating every day.

I think most of us would never think about not eating every day. That's just what you do - everybody does it.

And maybe religion is similar. If you always did it and everybody around you did it then it's difficult to even think about that that is not necessary. Imagine if you are i.e. 30 years old and imagine how much time you wasted with religion. I guess it's a lot easier to just continue and not think about it too much.

While you are entitled to your opinion re God, your, and the post you quoted have zero to do with the OP. There is an entire thread devoted to whether God exists already. Can we please not make every thread about the same thing.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Cats are more intelligent than humans. They get the humans they control to feed them, despite giving little back in return. At least a dog loves the human it controls.

Owners are stupid. Spend thousands on a lazy animal that does nothing.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 12:50 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

True, people brainwashed into eating 3 meals a day. 99.5% of history humans ate once or less.

I tell people I dont eat breakfast or lunch and they think it's crazy.

Yet they are full of health problems and on pills. They never question why.

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While you are entitled to your opinion re God, your, and the post you quoted have zero to do with the OP. There is an entire thread devoted to whether God exists already. Can we please not make every thread about the same thing.

I agree. We don't have to discuss this. He doesn't exist. Case closed. ???? 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

True, people brainwashed into eating 3 meals a day. 99.5% of history humans ate once or less.

I tell people I dont eat breakfast or lunch and they think it's crazy.

Yet they are full of health problems and on pills. They never question why.

You obviously do that wrong.

I eat two times a day. Breakfast in the morning and cake in the afternoon. Obviously both with lots of espresso. ???? 

One-slice-of-cake-coffee-coffee-beans_m.

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree. We don't have to discuss this. He doesn't exist. Case closed. ???? 

Like you, I don't think it exists.
and like thaibeachlovers, I also think that there is already a thread dedicated to this entity which does not exist, elsewhere on the forum..so those who want to speak about god or similar are asked to go to see that line.

Thank you :jap:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I went through a period when I'd eat a large Bakewell tart every day after work. I was so stressed though, that I didn't put on much weight. The pork went on after I retired.

Sitting around. Walking stimulates metabolism.

Joints can hurt more if you get too fat.

3 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Sitting around. Walking stimulates metabolism.

Joints can hurt more if you get too fat.

My job involved walking around all day- that wasn't a problem.

If joints hurt due to obesity half the people I see in town wouldn't be there.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 2/10/2020 at 3:45 PM, VocalNeal said:

If there are no more books and no more electric power how will human survivors have access to past ideas and technologies? 

I see that you do not know or have forgotten how very long messages were , a long time ago ,  transmitted;
The Illiad and the Odyssey, 40,000 poetry verses,  was transmitted orally ...

and tell me how do the actors of the theater to retain dialogues in a play that can last 2 hours or more?