Do you think Humanity must survive

Assurancetourix

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and books were not available, good luck finding anyone that knows the Illiad off by heart. 

Books can be destroyed; writing will not be ..
those who will follow us will write in sand or clay or on rock.
they will shed ...

Humanity will survive unless a world epidemic killer virus wipes everyone out.

Sure,  there will be more floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, volcanoes, tsunamis and many other natural disasters, however ... I believe it will be a super virus that will kill billions and wipe humanity out.

It may take 100-200 more years but I think it will happen.

Also, there will be more and more crazy nutcases running around as poverty increases and the new generation cannot get jobs and don't have sufficient funds to feed themselves or their drug habit.

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Humanity will survive unless a world epidemic killer virus wipes everyone out.

Sure,  there will be more floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, volcanoes, tsunamis and many other natural disasters, however ... I believe it will be a super virus that will kill billions and wipe humanity out.

It may take 100-200 more years but I think it will happen.

Also, there will be more and more crazy nutcases running around as poverty increases and the new generation cannot get jobs and don't have sufficient funds to feed themselves or their drug habit.

That doesnt make sense. Viruses kill less people now due to modern medicine. In 200 years medicine will be a lot better. Humans will be here in 5000 years.

On 2/21/2020 at 3:03 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

There may be a large asteroid out there that will prove you wrong.

Yep! Not too far fetched. An exploding Super-Nova, sending it's Gamma-Rays our way will terminate the reighn of the Killer-Apes. Our Athmosphere blown into space, no more electricity. How long can the Killer-Apes uphold civilization without athmosphere and electricity?

No more posting on TVF. Our computers worthless and unedible.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:15 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Cats are more intelligent than humans. They get the humans they control to feed them, despite giving little back in return. At least a dog loves the human it controls.

Could it be, that your "Cat" comment could be extended to some Thai-Ladies that hang around Tourist-Hub's?

On 2/15/2020 at 2:22 AM, Assurancetourix said:

I see that you do not know or have forgotten how very long messages were , a long time ago ,  transmitted;
The Illiad and the Odyssey, 40,000 poetry verses,  was transmitted orally ...

and tell me how do the actors of the theater to retain dialogues in a play that can last 2 hours or more?

......and because it was transmitted a thousand times orally, this original Ducumentary has turned into an absurd fairytale.

Some insist, that this is exactly what happened to "the book of all books".

Is Man Really Indispensable on This Earth?

sorry, but the thread title and this question are in my opinion completely inane.

if "humanity must" ... who is the arbitrator of this imperative?

as long as humanity is the only known species that is as developed, there can't be another referencial centerpoint than humanity itself.

56 minutes ago, tgw said:

sorry, but the thread title and this question are in my opinion completely inane.

if "humanity must" ... who is the arbitrator of this imperative?

as long as humanity is the only known species that is as developed, there can't be another referencial centerpoint than humanity itself.

As long as "the centerpoint" of billions of humans revolve around the opinions of the Pope in Rome and the opinions of some Mullahs in the Orient, a "wold-governement" based on science and above all COMMON SENSE is elusive.

With or without Algorithms.

No wonder that an impressive number of Farangs have made "Beer Chang" as the centerpoint of their live.

• Thanks 1