BANGKOK
webfact

Do you know this man? Concern for welfare of children seen with farang beggar in Bangkok

Do you know this man? Concern for welfare of children seen with farang beggar in Bangkok

fb.jpg

Picture: Facebook 'Sirisoparn Srimahaclank'

Social media has been abuzz with comments and stories about a man - often with a child - who has been seen scamming people on the upper reaches of Sukhumvit Road in downtown Bangkok. 

Reports suggest that the man is claiming that he has lost his wallet and needs money. 

But more worrying than that is the fact he often has a child with him. Sometimes it appears to be a different child, with netizens concerned about the welfare of the children.

On Friday, Coconuts reported that the children often seem to be sleeping or could even be sedated. 

The man's appearance is usually disheveled wearing similar clothing. He is possibly a European. 

The latest sighting was by Facebook user Sirisoparn Srimahaclank who suggested the man was a criminal and wondered who the child was. 

He was spotted outside Bully's Pub near Nana where the poster appears to work. She posted on the Everything Bangkok Facebook group. 

According to Coconuts, a child foundation had been contacted many times but the man had always evaded police. Problems occurred because the man shifted his operations from police jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Childline Thailand Foundation suggested that people should not call them but contact either Pathumwan, Thong Lo or Lumpini police depending on where he is operating. 

Alternatively people can call a police hotline on 1599 or the Tourist Police on 1155. 

The man has been seen at several BTS stations and the children seen with him appear sleepy or possibly even drugged, say reports.

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-10
  • Like 1

The sign should say no loitering then arrest him🤔

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Bully's Pub is about 50m away from the police booth on the corner of Soi 4. It shouldn't be too difficult to inform the local police.

Exactly, the first thing that hit me too. But you know how it is. A Facebook user must be true to themself, and never deviate from giving information in the designated source. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Exactly, the first thing that hit me too. But you know how it is. A Facebook user must be true to themself, and never deviate from giving information in the designated source. 😉

According to twitter, many people called the police, but they did nothing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smedly said:

people all over Pattaya are doing this every day and into the early morning and they are not Thai, why are they being ignored ?

Falangs with falang children?  That I haven't seen yet.  Admittedly I am not out late at night.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

According to twitter, many people called the police, but they did nothing.

Yes, yes, keep em coming. Another very reliable source of information. 🤣

• Haha 2

he does look like the guy that I saw (3-4 months ago) in Phuket and later on in Krabi as well, he did had 2 kids with him at that time and was asking money to fly back home... there's a blonde lady with him as well, she was sitting on the back ....anyway, it could be somebody else, however they do look the same or very ressembling

15 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, yes, keep em coming. Another very reliable source of information. 🤣

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/seen-this-man-bangkok-police-deny-reports-of-suspicious-foreigner-with-child/

A child protection hotline said it’s fielded numerous reports from concerned witnesses and taken what action it can. The representative of Childline Thailand Foundation, who did not identify herself, said the NGO has notified police departments in areas where the man has been seen.

Childline Director Ilya Smirnoff said the organization has contacted the police every time it has received a complaint.

“Each time this man has evaded the Thai police,” he said in a message. “We had also officially reported him to the BTS management. They have promised to look out for him and report him to the police immediately – so far no luck.”

I know who to believe, especially if Thong Lor and Lumpini are involved.

Why would that NGO dude just make complete <deleted> up and risk getting beaten up by cops for no reason???

19 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/seen-this-man-bangkok-police-deny-reports-of-suspicious-foreigner-with-child/

I know who to believe, especially if Thong Lor and Lumpini are involved.

Why would that NGO dude just make complete <deleted> up and risk getting beaten up by cops for no reason???

Your choice. You can clearly read this quote comes from a third party and not directly from the NGO dude, but you probably missed that in your haste to quicly believe a social media source. 🤣

"Who did not identify himself? Sounds to me like that would be a reason for giving the wrong information instead. It´s called critical thinking. Your welcome! 🙂 

Edited by Matzzon