BANGKOK
Spaniel

Business class or econmy deluxe?

Around September my (Thai) wife and I are planning to visit the USA and as this could be my last trip there so  thought  we would try business or economy deluxe.  We will be flying Bkk to Dulles     Price will be a big consideration  and any airline is ok.    I have checked Kayak .    Any suggestions appreciated.

Fly JAL in business as they don’t have first class, but their business as good as first class. Food was excellent and sleeping was great laying down with a sleeping pill and some great sleep. Only way to travel. Only downside was no showers in lounge in Kyoto. But had a twelve. Hour layover and got to see some of the city.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

Right. No surprise as there is no commercial airport in Kyoto.

Oops! I meant Osaka.

• Haha 1

My wife and I fly back to the US annually to visit family and friends. We normally fly business class for the reasons already mentioned.  Based on your planned travel dates you should be booking now.  Don’t rely on search engines only. Some airlines have web specials for business class tickets that the search engine will not list. Flying East to West we have gotten good fares in the past with Qatar Air and Turkish Air.  Good luck.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Took my wife to Paris from BKK at Christmas on Emirates BC.  Prices were reasonable, lounges were great (BKK, Dubai, CDG).  Onboard service and sleep was perfect, Emirates Mercedes limousine service to and fro, included.  Booked a 4 day stopover in Dubai, on the way back (2 days of the hotel included as a promotion). 

The will be some smoking deals because of the drop in global tourism....

Incidentally, does Emirates BC give you access to the Immigration Fast-track service at Suvarnibhumi Airport?

46 minutes ago, spinner2020 said:

I've been flying a very long time*, in recent years usually up the front. For me, the key thing about Business class to any destination is the lounge, the priority check-ins and the fast-track immigration in most places. They make the ar$eache of travelling tolerable and are way more important than the overhyped food on board.

Same for me, I rarely eat or drink on flights and want to get through the 'formalities" as quickly as possible & not be bothered by anyone, main reason I like to use Thai flying when transiting Bangkok SUV.

13 minutes ago, CGW said:

Yes, ..........

And emirates also picks you up at home, brings you to airport and drives you home from destination airport at most locations.

• Like 2