Questions about Non O-A e-visa application in London

Hi, 

Can anyone with recent experience of applying for a Non O-A e-visa from London please tell me:-

1. Do the documents you upload to the system have to be stamped as certified true copies before you upload them or can the certification happen after the upload but before presenting the hardcopy documents at the embassy?

2. I have been asked to provide "Proof of permanent residence in the country where the application is to be filed." Can anyone tell me what is acceptable proof?

-would my passport (I am a Brit by birth)  or driving license suffice or are they looking for a utility bill or council tax bill or ?????

Thanks

39 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When you consider applying with a thai health-insurance policy, I would suggest you to reconsider as these thai policies are exorbitantly expensive for a ridiculous low coverage. 

Agreed.

The London Embassy recommend you purchase Insurance through the longstay.tgia.org website.

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for your responses and advice. At the moment I am looking for the lowest cost option - be it Thai or British, - I believe all insurance companies are equally reluctant to payout. So I have quotes from UK insurers for Travel insurance, but they are not exactly cheep either (I have existing health problems so they increase their premiums AND tell you that they won't cover for existing problems anyway).  So I'm just waiting to see what the quote from the Thai company is.  If the Thai quote is cheaper I may just take it anyway this year just to have a hassle free visa application.  I'll let you know how I get on.

My absolute preferred option is not to have to buy insurance at all , I would much rather have to demonstrate that I have the required 440,000Baht available in a Thai Bank account each time I do my 90 day reporting (this being separate from the 800,000baht needed to apply/renew the visa.) But I think this is a discussion best had face to face with the immigration officer next year when it comes time to renew. 

2 hours ago, Cookie67 said:

My absolute preferred option is not to have to buy insurance at all , I would much rather have to demonstrate that I have the required 440,000Baht available in a Thai Bank account each time I do my 90 day reporting (this being separate from the 800,000baht needed to apply/renew the visa.) But I think this is a discussion best had face to face with the immigration officer next year when it comes time to renew. 

There is as far as I know no such option where you show 440,000 baht on top of the 800,000 baht in order to avoid buying a Thai insurance.