UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

8 hours ago, bannork said:

65. Protection against unfair treatment in the workplace thanks to the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights 66. Minimum of 4 weeks paid leave (introduced by EU in 1993, taken up by the UK in 1998 and later extended to 28 days in 2009).

I have never read such nonsense in all my life, did you read this before posting. 

It says a minimum of 4 weeks paid leave, taken up by the UK in 1998 and later extended to 28 days in 2009. Call me a little old cynic if you like, but isn't 4 weeks the same as 28 days?

BTW here is a chart to compare the EU workers rights to that of the UKs and as you can see our workers rights are far superiour to that of the EUs.

Screenshot_2020-02-21-07-37-46-788.thumb.jpeg.fb50ebcc1dfea7eb22ba99afd0a7bb89.jpeg

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

Ah I see now, you are giving credit to the EU because we havn't had a war for 55 years, you are not counting Bosnia because that doesn't fit in with your narrative.

Maybe if a certain european country hadn't started two wars we could boast of a period of one hundred years of peace, according to your list anyway.

Try and get with it. Bosnia is not included because the article excluded civil wars.

WW2 finished 75 years ago. Please try to live in the present.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bannork said:

61. A friend to cosy up to against the might of the USA and China

Could you explain this one to us all please, many of us in the UK already consider The USA already a friend. And if the might of China should attack us, I know where my allegiancies will be, it will not be with a German army that use wooden rifles for training.????????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I have never read such nonsense in all my life, did you read this before posting. 

It says a minimum of 4 weeks paid leave, taken up by the UK in 1998 and later extended to 28 days in 2009. Call me a little old cynic if you like, but isn't 4 weeks the same as 28 days?

BTW here is a chart to compare the EU workers rights to that of the UKs and as you can see our workers rights are far superiour to that of the EUs.

Screenshot_2020-02-21-07-37-46-788.thumb.jpeg.fb50ebcc1dfea7eb22ba99afd0a7bb89.jpeg

Some employers interpreted 4 weeks to mean 4 working weeks. Thus if the working week was 5 days thus 4 weeks equated to 20 days

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Perhaps, had you read the list before brexit, you would not have wanted to do the self harm.

Your question of 4 weeks vs. 28 days. How many working days there are in 4 weeks?

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Could you explain this one to us all please, many of us in the UK already consider The USA already a friend. And if the might of China should attack us, I know where my allegiancies will be, it will not be with a German army that use wooden rifles for training.????????????

England is not yet eating chlorinated chicken is it? Not yet.

5 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Perhaps, had you read the list before brexit, you would not have wanted to do the self harm.

Your question of 4 weeks vs. 28 days. How many working days there are in 4 weeks?

I would not be surprised if they have a "English working week" named.....nationalism overal .....????

Edited by david555

24 minutes ago, TheDark said:

So basically you don't have a clue what it means, if it meant a working week, it would have said a working week, and incidentally this nonsense has been copied and pasted from twitter by an unknown called Edwin Hayward, who after checking his twitter account has written a book called "slaying Brexit Unicorns" so by that fact alone would it be fair to say he is as biased as a crown green bowl.

Portugal are in the process of introducing 'fast track lanes' for British citizens at all their airports. That would make it easier for all of us should we wish to travel there, wouldn't you say?

49. Use of EU queues at ports and airports

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, vogie said:

So basically you don't have a clue what it means, if it meant a working week, it would have said a working week, and incidentally this nonsense has been copied and pasted from twitter by an unknown called Edwin Hayward, who after checking his twitter account has written a book called "slaying Brexit Unicorns" so by that fact alone would it be fair to say he is as biased as a crown green bowl.

Portugal are in the process of introducing 'fast track lanes' for British citizens at all their airports. That would make it easier for all of us should we wish to travel there, wouldn't you say?

49. Use of EU queues at ports and airports

I am not clear on your point about 28days and 4 weeks.

Under present UK law 28 days leave means 5.6 weeks for regular workers . Those that work 5 days a week.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Andrew Neil nails it again when he said "I do wish British journalists — esp Brussels-based — would stop repeating the false mantra that the EU holds all the cards in upcoming negotiations. It holds many, perhaps more than UK. But if UK left on WTO rules it would have total regulatory freedom. EU’s worst nightmare."

I'm sorry, but weren't you the one, who started this 4 weeks isn't the same as 28 days discussion?

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Call me a little old cynic if you like, but isn't 4 weeks the same as 28 days?

Oh, it was you, little old cynic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bannork said:

I'm a Brexit basher, not a Brit basher. As you rightly point out I"m an Anglophile who loves Old Blighty, I just hate to see the motherland shoot herself in both feet with the Brexit madness.

God bless Tommy Cooper, Martin Peters, Geoff Hurst, and of course the lovely Vera Lynn.

Al those people were born and before the UK joined the E.U and excelled whilst the UK were not in the E.U

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Al those people were born and before the UK joined the E.U and excelled whilst the UK were not in the E.U

I'm just showing age and love for the motherland. 

I'll leave it to you to find young Brits born in the 1970s plus who have excelled.

In the meantime God bless Martin Peters' sons, daughters and grandchildren. God bless Nobby Styles' descendants, etc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2020 at 6:09 PM, Rookiescot said:

Its the UK which is proposing to keep people out of the UK based on language.

No, its already a requirement .

People who want to live in the UK must be able to speak English 

The UK previously had little areas where no one spoke English 

Areas where Urdu was the only spoken language 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 10:55 PM, david555 said:

Aha at least somebody who understand the game from " depending what you do to me , i shall decide what i do to you " 

That is what i meant earlier eith the ping-pong .....or can call it playing chess ...????

Congratulations Sanemax  your understanding is improving ....????

Yes, I understand why you are so upset about the UK requiring immigrants to speak English

In this whole thread, there is one word missing from your vocabulary which is *reciprocal" 

You have used many words trying to get that point across , when one big word would have been appropriate  

14 hours ago, vogie said:

Andrew Neil nails it again when he said "I do wish British journalists — esp Brussels-based — would stop repeating the false mantra that the EU holds all the cards in upcoming negotiations. It holds many, perhaps more than UK. But if UK left on WTO rules it would have total regulatory freedom. EU’s worst nightmare."

I notice :

"I do wish....."  ????????....

On 2/19/2020 at 4:49 PM, Nigel Garvie said:

Ho Ho, revenge is it! 

It is simply the level playing field approach. 

You can see the Costa Mucha full of UK pensioners who try to create their little England in the sun, with their English pub, whist drives, bowls, fish and chips etc etc. Absolutely no attempt to interact with the locals, appreciate their special culture and history, or heaven forbid learn their language. The cream of English society expiring in the sun with little hint of residual cranial activity!

The ultimate irony is that those who voted Brexit are finding that their health insurance will no longer be valid EU wide. Oh to be a fly on the wall and watch them - with faces like thunder - searching for a run down flat in Slough when they are forced to come home to get attention for the old boys dicky heart.

I shouldn't laugh, fundamentally it is just sad and pathetic. 

They will still get health coverage and their Uk pensions will no longer be frozen 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Yes, I understand why you are so upset about the UK requiring immigrants to speak English

In this whole thread, there is one word missing from your vocabulary which is *reciprocal" 

You have used many words trying to get that point across , when one big word would have been appropriate  

You are 100% right thank you ....i was really strugling for it as i remember a sound of it ...but i was not sure how to prenounce it....as our hardliner Verhofstadt use it regular.

Thanks i go write it down as i shall need it continuous ...as is the best policy against Brexiteer Brits tyrrany ????????

In my humble trying to write English must know i never learned English in school...only 3 other languages ......but English speaking no problem as long it is to Americans ????...

Edited by david555