UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

10 minutes ago, david555 said:

You are 100% right thank you ....i was really strugling for it as i remember a sound of it ...but i was not sure how to prenounce it....as our hardliner Verhofstadt use it regular.

Thanks i go write it down as i shall need it continuous ...as is the best policy against Brexiteer Brits tyrrany ????????

In my humble trying to write English must know i never learned English in school...only 3 other languages ......but English speaking no problem as long it is to Americans ????...

talk to them then

• Haha 2

On 2/19/2020 at 9:30 AM, Monomial said:

Does anyone find all this posturing incredibly entertaining?

We all know business is going to demand some kind of accomodation be reached, and business won't care one iota about the political BS that is currently being blustered about. The UK is still a fertile market for selling goods, and nobody is just going to say "Oh well. There went that market I spent a decade building."  Similarly, the UK has the deepest financial markets in the world and offers most of the world's reinsurance policies. I don't care what political threats people are throwing around...you can't simply reproduce that inside the EU in a short period of time. Businesses will find a way to continue using the London financial and insurance markets, even if they have to adjust their business structure to accomodate it.

This political bluster is all just noise by swamp creatures and doesn't really matter. A deal will be agreed, becuase a hard WTO departure is unthinkable to a very large number of very wealthy individuals. And in the end, those individuals that demand a deal will not care about the political union the EU is trying to enforce. They just care about the bottom line.

The deal will likely be some kind of WTO++, with the caveat that the "++" will encompass all the things that really matter.  This way, the EU can say "see, they lost general access to our big market" and the UK can say "see, we didn't give up our sovereignty." But the idea that the UK will not be an independent country following their own rules yet continuing to trade closely with Europe is laughable. It simply can't happen in reality. Business won't accept that, and they don't care about political ambitions.

Finally, a post that makes sense and is spot on.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:49 AM, Nigel Garvie said:

Ho Ho, revenge is it! 

It is simply the level playing field approach. 

You can see the Costa Mucha full of UK pensioners who try to create their little England in the sun, with their English pub, whist drives, bowls, fish and chips etc etc. Absolutely no attempt to interact with the locals, appreciate their special culture and history, or heaven forbid learn their language. The cream of English society expiring in the sun with little hint of residual cranial activity!

The ultimate irony is that those who voted Brexit are finding that their health insurance will no longer be valid EU wide. Oh to be a fly on the wall and watch them - with faces like thunder - searching for a run down flat in Slough when they are forced to come home to get attention for the old boys dicky heart.

I shouldn't laugh, fundamentally it is just sad and pathetic. 

I suspect those you mention voted to remain so I don't see your point.

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I suspect those you mention voted to remain so I don't see your point.

Try reading this sentence again  "The ultimate irony is that those who voted Brexit.............etc".

The comment refers to the significant minority of British Immigrants in Spain who voted leave. You couldn't say that it is Ironic for those who voted remain, obviously.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sanemax said:

Just to clarify .

You would like Scottish independence , for Scotland to take back control ..............and you are living in Thailand ?

How are you different to people you speak of ?

Because I'm not doing it for the same reasons as the gammons.

21 hours ago, sanemax said:

No, its already a requirement .

People who want to live in the UK must be able to speak English 

The UK previously had little areas where no one spoke English 

Areas where Urdu was the only spoken language 

For people in the EU or from outside the EU?

13 hours ago, evadgib said:

Their continuous SNP sulk-a-thon kills or diverts any Brexit related thread in one direction; ????????????????????????????????

Just give us a referendum and we will all go away.

What are you all afraid of?

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Just give us a referendum and we will all go away.

What are you all afraid of?

Playground debating "what are you afraid of"

You should ask yourself what is Nicola Sturgeon afraid of.

Oh dear another Scots Indy metamorphosis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

Playground debating "what are you afraid of"

You should ask yourself what is Nicola Sturgeon afraid of.

Oh dear another Scots Indy metamorphosis.

Well answer the question. What are you so afraid of?

After all, you all claim Scotland is a benefit junkie that lives off handouts from those benevolent chaps in Westminster. So getting rid of Scotland would free up lots and lots of lovely money for England.

It would be a win win situation. So what is the reason you are all desperate to keep Scotland?

• Like 1

I think Leo Varadkar deserves a big hug from us all, his EU pals have deserted him and he is not happy with the unacceptable demands from the EU. He said he is happy to pay more in, but not to get less back. 

Does he know that he doesn't have to pay anything in and in that scenario he wouldn't need to get anything back. 

Irexit could be on the cards and I'm sure if they applied for membership of the United Kingdom they would be made very welcome. And the bonus is that would solve the NI border issue, kerching, win win for everyone.????

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 3:49 PM, sanemax said:

Yes, that is why we can make own own rules and laws and as you are still IN, you cannot 

What does that mean exactly?

Prior to the single market, the UK was free to make it's own rules but did little in the way of workers rights and consumer protection.

You conveniently ignore that all directives issued by the EU are democratically agreed by all member states.

The English did not like what 27 foreigners thought was a good idea so they threw the toys out of the pram.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Try reading this sentence again  "The ultimate irony is that those who voted Brexit.............etc".

The comment refers to the significant minority of British Immigrants in Spain who voted leave. You couldn't say that it is Ironic for those who voted remain, obviously.

If they're ???????? in this reply why was your last rant (& all the others) aimed solely at the ?????????????????????????????

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheDark said:

I find it refreshing that brexiteers finally start to understand how EU works. 

Of course each elected leader of their own countries, tries to get as much as possible to their own countries. That's natural way to work. After some discussions a compromise, which is ok for all, is reached and budget is created. 

England wishes to keep it's 'Winner takes all' method of power and budgeting, but that is not very modern way to operate a country or a union of countries.

Yet another example where the ???????????????????????????? are bashed for something the entire Kingdom (????????) are responsible for (& the quote still ends with 'union of countries' lol!)

Edited by evadgib

Only four are givers,the rest takers,but the takers want more,so breakdown of talks...dear me,...but Albania now joins along with other east Europe countries,   now good trading block there  I dont think, yes anyone thinking trade is good in EU wants his brain adjusted

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Do Albanian people not engage in commerce like the rest of the world? 

If the EU has less money to spend, I presume it will spend less money. I am no international economist but I can foresee that. Is a net recipient country going to storm off in an a huff because it will get a little less this year that it did last year?

Let's hope, for the EU's sake, that its remaining member countries are a bit more forward thinking, and have a better understanding of their relevance on the international stage than we Brits.

..but is exactly that,even without Albania  joining in,  off they went in a huff     EU finished  kaput

6 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Don't try to push your responsibilities to others. You got your Brexit, own it.

There is going to be extremely hard no-deal brexit. That's given. It's also given that there is no longer United Kingdom - there is England and her little brother Wales, and then there are the countries, which will be in the future, part of the EU.

England will have less access to the EU single market and customs union, than Ukraine or Turkey have.

That's going to hurt.

Yeah right,its hurting now the very thought of hanging on for another 9 months. With 93 billion deficit  who is hurting??

fishing  that alone will destroy the EU  and they know it.....its all hot air from now on  WTO rules   God the French? its going to hurt

Just wish the scots would get the hell out of it,for some reason they think they are wanted, give them the boot  quicker than quick

Edited by izod10

8 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Don't try to push your responsibilities to others. You got your Brexit, own it.

There is going to be extremely hard no-deal brexit. That's given. It's also given that there is no longer United Kingdom - there is England and her little brother Wales, and then there are the countries, which will be in the future, part of the EU.

England will have less access to the EU single market and customs union, than Ukraine or Turkey have.

That's going to hurt.

Serving no other purpose than to prove that you didn't understand what you've just read.

• Like 1