UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

7 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

We can buy where we want now...............nutty comment, we always could buy wherever we wanted to.

if they don't want to trade to their previously biggest customer up to them.............factually incorrect, the US was and remains the EUs biggest trading partner,  and also customer, they sell more to US than UK.(See stats below from Wikipedia)

Thats 2 out of 2 wrong, near average for a Brexiteer the it comes to facts!

I can't comment on M&M, are they the many coloured chewy sweets.

trade.png

Here are the full facts if you would like to digest the, of course the USA is the biggest market, but we are talking about EU trade to UK

"We can buy where we want now...............nutty comment, we always could buy wherever we wanted to"

Wrong, we were always subject to EU regulations on what deals we did outside the EU

In 2017 we had a £67 billion deficit with the EU

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/Balance_by_countries_v2.png

1 hour ago, TheDark said:

That's all good until the point you try to export English cakes to the rest of the world. Italian cakes yes, Thai cakes - oh yess, Indian cakes - sometimes. But English cakes? 

Now add reprisal tariffs to the English cakes and make billions selling the cakes all around the world. The world consumers are going to be thrilled!

That's basically the hard Brexit what is coming in 2021.

Cakes export? Is that all you can come up with?

Please keep explaining it, cos every time you do it gets better to me. Especially the hard Brexit part. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

We could explain it but to be sure an' all, you wouldn't understand it, you're a Brexiteer.

True enough. Leavers are the real gateaux gurus as well as similar important stuff like that.   

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

I only know the French original and Belgian copies.  Would be interesting to taste an English specimen. 

Avoid Kipling products if you value your health, their chemists produce a facsimile off patesserie in their labs and factory's.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bannork said:

The Home Counties!  What an expression. As a kid I never thought consciously about it, you don't when it's your own language, but being away so long, I start to wonder about expressions and idioms, especially when foreigners ask you about their origins.

The origin of the term is uncertain but, to quote Wikipedia, it may go back to Tudor times, referring to those counties so near London that it was possible for civil servants and politicians to have their country homes, and still be able to travel into London without excessive delay when they were needed.

As a northerner I always felt excluded, inferior to those wealthy, comfortable,southern snobs.

To quote Wikipedia again: The home counties have been characterised as being "inhabited on the whole by 'nice', comfortable, and conformist middle-class people" (1987)[9] exemplified by the county of Surrey which has been described as possessing quintessential home counties characteristics of "a comfortable plasticized commuterland with respectable villas and neatly mown lawns interspersed with patches of mild scenery.

'Come friendly bombs, fall on Slough', but spare the East Riding of Yorkshire.

That's interesting. I grew up in the home counties but never really gave it much thought. 

But what I can say is that as an Essex man, that description of Surrey is definitely alien to me ????

12 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

And Putin also of course, it suits him perfectly, and we are still covering up the report on Russia's interference in the referendum. The laughter rings round the Kremlin every day, especially when he sees the UK leaders and their followers imagining that we have suddenly become a big player on the world stage. Putin has been pushing funds towards European right wing extremists like Orban and Salvini, somewhat unusual behaviour for a Communist you would have thought. I wonder if he has some ulterior motive - surely not!

Boris's brexiteers have betrayed the nation, and turned us into Putin's puppets and Donald's dupes. 

Sold out to two of the biggest political thugs in the world for blue passports. Pathetic beyond belief.

Oh sorry, I forgot about those awful EU civil servants, oops I mean unelected bureaucrats, now let's focus on that and see how long we can hide from the truth.

Don't forget China!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-britain/china-warns-britain-ties-at-risk-after-warship-mission-idUSKCN1LN037

https://www.ft.com/content/f38cc1d4-306e-11e9-8744-e7016697f225

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Which is why Trump was desparate for us to have a full and complete separation from the EU. He sees the EU as America's/his main rival. Divide and conquer is his game. He will ensure that the US can dump all it's unhealthy shiite food on us, at a premium price. GM crops and chlorinated chicken are on their way to a supermarket near you. With the strength of the EU behind us we have been able to resist all this for many years. Now prepare for your country to be raped and pillaged by Trump with the help of his poodle Boris. He will even seek to profit take from our NHS.

But stitching us up over trade isn't his only aim, He sees the EU as a snowflake when it comes to warmongering. The US needs a poodle as it had under Blair's government. Boris is that poodle. Watch out Iran, China, North Korea and Palestine, Trump has an attack dog to take into battle as it did during Gulf 1 & 2, Afganistan and Lybia.

The World has never been a less safe place than under this new unholy and enforced alliance.

Do you mean in other words Trump is cooking the "meat "soft for after next Trump era . So they come humble crawling back to the once dispised E.U.....? ????

OH...! Would i live long enouh to may seeing that ..? ????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2020 at 6:49 PM, CG1 Blue said:

EU procurement rules were largely to blame for the passport contract going to a foreign company. 

Bojo was so desperate for a blue passport he couldn't wait to take back control, or possibly prematurely lost control.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 10:08 PM, bartender100 said:

Wrong, we were always subject to EU regulations on what deals we did outside the EU

If that were true, the UK would never have done any trade with the US.

The US do not recognise any EU regulations.

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/25/keep-chlorinated-chicken-ban-to-win-trade-deal-eu-tells-uk

Daniel Boffey and Jen Jennifer Rankin Brussels

Tue 25 Feb 2020 10.29 GMT

EU demands UK keep chlorinated chicken ban to get trade deal

Exclusive: clause in negotiating mandate for Michel Barnier will create hurdle to US-UK deal

The EU will demand that the UK maintains a ban on chlorinated chicken as the price for a trade agreement with Brussels, in a move that protects European meat exports and creates an obstacle to a deal with Donald Trump.

On the recommendation of France, a clause has been inserted into the EU’s negotiating mandate to insist that both sides maintain “health and product sanitary quality in the food and agriculture sector”, according to a copy leaked to the Guardian.

The paragraph, in a newly entitled section of the document for the EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, called “Environment and health” provides a catch-all insurance for the EU that certain methods of food production – particular pesticides, endocrine disrupters or chlorine washes for poultry – will not be used in the UK.

more...

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/25/keep-chlorinated-chicken-ban-to-win-trade-deal-eu-tells-uk

Daniel Boffey and Jen Jennifer Rankin Brussels

Tue 25 Feb 2020 10.29 GMT

EU demands UK keep chlorinated chicken ban to get trade deal

Exclusive: clause in negotiating mandate for Michel Barnier will create hurdle to US-UK deal

The EU will demand that the UK maintains a ban on chlorinated chicken as the price for a trade agreement with Brussels, in a move that protects European meat exports and creates an obstacle to a deal with Donald Trump.

On the recommendation of France, a clause has been inserted into the EU’s negotiating mandate to insist that both sides maintain “health and product sanitary quality in the food and agriculture sector”, according to a copy leaked to the Guardian.

The paragraph, in a newly entitled section of the document for the EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, called “Environment and health” provides a catch-all insurance for the EU that certain methods of food production – particular pesticides, endocrine disrupters or chlorine washes for poultry – will not be used in the UK.

more...

An EU with a crumbling economy and a budget crisis, making threats that could further isolate them from the UK and the USA - not a wise move. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

An EU with a crumbling economy and a budget crisis, making threats that could further isolate them from the UK and the USA - not a wise move. 

Just a short reply..... , don't worry you go get the so wished WTO as it continue like now ...

2020-02-25_183808.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Demand this, punish that. The EU still doesn't get why we left. A bit like the Labour Party, they don't seem to have a "lessons learned" department either.

Boris bluf poker will just not work....that is what brexit U.K. doesnt get ....,like i said before a few miles out of the Dover Cliffs Boris majority stops impressing....????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Boris bluf poker will just not work....that is what brexit U.K. doesnt get ....,like i said before a few miles out of the Dover Cliffs Boris majority stops impressing....????

And you think these bluffs from the EU will work? If you do you're mistaken.