UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Pound is also down against the dollar and the euro. Yeah its a grand day.

Just a little, Boris talking tough.  It surely is,  come join us  all of us most spendid brexiteers        you will come and join us eventually I lknow u will,  spendid outlook for  England especially,getting rid of Scotland

Just now, Jip99 said:

A comment laced with envy..........................

Since the Brexit referendum its been embarrassing to be British.

Seeing the comments from Brexiteers making us look beyond foolish to the rest of the world does that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Why get involved,nothing to do with you. Population shrinking   3.6 million given the boot,   yes trading well up on expectations      losers all EU

It seems you are not well informed

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/20/boris-johnson-suffers-first-parliamentary-defeat-since-election

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Since the Brexit referendum its been embarrassing to be British.

Seeing the comments from Brexiteers making us look beyond foolish to the rest of the world does that.

I really have to remind myself always there are at least 48 % different Brits out there ….those supposed 52% others really give a bad appearance in general    

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

THE only good thing that will come out of Brexit will be Scottish independence.

Scotland was never wanted,you must know that, likened to dog <deleted> hanging on the shoe.   Please come rejoice,see the mood of England,a most thrilling moment in history..oh to be in England   after all God was English   5555555555 for England  v    3 cheers I hear

3 minutes ago, candide said:

They are going   no right to live and work in UK  being  set        Govt  policy  already plans to deny them right to live   all going   no places to live

3 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Scotland was never wanted,you must know that, likened to dog <deleted> hanging on the shoe.   Please come rejoice,see the mood of England,a most thrilling moment in history..oh to be in England   after all God was English   5555555555 for England  v    3 cheers I hear

The real spirit of the English ….. only the most stupid ones reveal that ….., the English Gov.politicians hide that always …!

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, izod10 said:

Your English is really pretty poor.

Still I suppose that post made sense in your head.

Just give the rest of us 20 minutes or so to try and decrypt it.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, izod10 said:

No 3.6 million EU citizens are being given the push from UK  that is more millions about to riot in the EU    ,it does not get any better than this-

is that so?

I seem to recall that PM T May, well in advance of the deal she finally landed on, announced

that UK unilaterally had taken the necessary legal steps that would ensure that the EU chaps,

not from the UK, could continue life in UK as before,

come deal or no deal

has that changed?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

is that so?

I seem to recall that PM T May, well in advance of the deal she finally landed on, announced

that UK unilaterally had taken the necessary legal steps that would ensure that the EU chaps,

come deal or no deal

has that changed?

Who knows with Boris in charge ….?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melvinmelvin said:

is that so?

come deal or no deal

has that changed?

Boris with a wave of the hand changed it ,and more changes coming June, Boris gets ALL of his way.  If you are a hanger on in the UK which I presume u are,all promises ripped up come   June   off you go   no right of abode   no work  forced out of UK   REJOICE I SAY

2 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Boris with a wave of the hand changed it ,and more changes coming June, Boris gets ALL of his way.  If you are a hanger on in the UK which I presume u are,all promises ripped up come   June   off you go   no right of abode   no work  forced out of UK   REJOICE I SAY

And yet .....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/20/boris-johnson-suffers-first-parliamentary-defeat-since-election

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Boris endured many defeats on the way to pure victory,not defeated here   no fear, you are going and good riddance      Good one boris      bye bye

Don't worry he can get his defeat on E.U soil …..55555

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cleopatra2 said:

Almost certain that this is the beginning of the UK requesting transition extension in June.

If the intention is to walk away in June the speech would not have been made.

The government will state in June good progress has been made to justify the extension.

perhaps,

but I guess such a request will be put forward only if some big/bright/shiny light can be spotted at the other end of the tunnel

BJ faces some credibility challenges;

brexit this and brexit that before opening time and high water

he has promised,

kinda based his election campaign on

achievements so far;

Theresa May deal type Brexit, so called Brino, that is where UK is today - both feet solidly planted in Brino -

with a promise to take the step from Brino to Brexit before next year.

he has some explaining to do if he doesn't follow up

but, politicians are experienced in excuses and mumble and explanations of why not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Izod10, I think you are a Troll if such Govt policy exists I am sure you can provide a link to it or maybe you can't because no such policy exists other than in your warped head

Nope he just has no clue about what he is talking about.

Its all fantasy.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

perhaps,

but I guess such a request will be put forward only if some big/bright/shiny light can be spotted at the other end of the tunnel

BJ faces some credibility challenges;

brexit this and brexit that before opening time and high water

he has promised,

kinda based his election campaign on

achievements so far;

Theresa May deal type Brexit, so called Brino, that is where UK is today - both feet solidly planted in Brino -

with a promise to take the step from Brino to Brexit before next year.

he has some explaining to do if he doesn't follow up

but, politicians are experienced in excuses and mumble and explanations of why not

"but, politicians are experienced in excuses and mumble and explanations of why not"

And this only possible because the quality of their voters......if sheep or humans 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

That was the Lords trying to amend the Brexit agreement. Their amendments were ignored, and the agreement went through anyway. So it wasn't really a defeat was it? 

You are right. However, on this issue, it seems there is no intent by the current UK government to send EU citizen back home after Brexit, although the modalities are currently not so clear.

On top of it, "approximately 85% of the 3.6 million EU citizens now in the UK will have been in the UK for at least five years by the time that the UK leaves the EU and that very large numbers will already acquired the right to permanent residence by then."

So the issue is limited to about half a million people who will have been in the UK for less than 5 years at the end of 2020.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/405/the-rights-of-eu-nationals-in-the-uk-post-brexit

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, candide said:

You are right. However, on this issue, it seems there is no intent by the current UK government to send EU citizen back home after Brexit, although the modalities are currently not so clear.

On top of it, "approximately 85% of the 3.6 million EU citizens now in the UK will have been in the UK for at least five years by the time that the UK leaves the EU and that very large numbers will already acquired the right to permanent residence by then."

So the issue is limited to about half a million people who will have been in the UK for less than 5 years at the end of 2020.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/405/the-rights-of-eu-nationals-in-the-uk-post-brexit

Yes, I realise that. Not an issue for me.