UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

16 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Its all going wrong isn't it?

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

The EU was supposed to role over and give the Brexiteers everything they wanted. They need us more than we need them. Easiest trade deal in history. Just like Norway. 350 million a week to the NHS. Sunny uplands filled with unicorns and rainbows. No worse off than if we had remained.

Hows that for Brexiteer bingo?

Reality is a cruel mistress. Brexit means Brexit.

Still you guys knew what you were voting for right so this is all OK. 

A bit tetchy tonight?

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, david555 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/12/uk-alignment-on-eu-standards-price-to-pay-for-trade-deal-say-meps

UK alignment on EU standards price to pay for trade deal, say MEPs

Vote comes as bloc wields its powers to force change in UK domestic law during transition

The European parliament has called on Michel Barnier to keep Britain permanently tied to its employment, environment and competition laws as the price for maintaining free trade with the EU.

In a resolution adopted by 543 votes to 39, with 69 abstentions, MEPs said there needed to be “dynamic alignment” with EU standards across a range of issues ????

(This seems to be more than a majority from 80 votes) ????

So basically the EU parliament has voted for thousands of Germans and other EU citizens to lose their jobs at Christmas, when exports from Germany to the UK suddenly crash. That'll be popular... a victory for the EU... yay \o/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, samran said:

Ah, Boris, like his fanboys here, can’t stand differing opinions, which in the cabinet system is essential if you want the best out of your ministers and government.

Oh, are those opinions? I thought you were just copypasting Guardian articles, because you don't read other newspapers with other points of view... well, why would you...?! Meanwhile on the red planet... someone's upset at Keir Starmer's male privilege... it must be so hard to get through the day there... but I guess "so hard" isn't really... never mind... Emily Thornberry... dream about her victory speech... can't wait.

7 hours ago, david555 said:

(So that makes it now then more official as before Brexit.... ???? )

Daniel Boffey in Brussels

Thu 13 Feb 2020 10.19 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/feb/13/eu-to-put-cayman-islands-on-tax-haven-blacklist

In wake of Brexit, EU to put Cayman Islands on tax haven blacklist

Decision on British overseas territory comes less than two weeks after UK left bloc

The Cayman Islands, a British overseas territory, is to be put on an EU blacklist of tax havens, less than two weeks after the UK’s withdrawal from the bloc.

In a clear indication of the country’s loss of influence on the EU’s decision-making, the bloc’s 27 finance ministers are expected to sign off on the decision next week.

The EU’s blacklist is an attempt to clamp down on the estimated £506bn lost to aggressive tax avoidance every year but member states are not “screened” in the process of drawing up the blacklist.

more...

If only the EU had any money to put into an offshore account... sadly the UK is taking it all away... ouch!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, david555 said:

:cheesy:It seems something is cracking in number 10 …..and about  Andrea Leadsom ….well I think there is somewhere a short man with a smile on his face now … LOL

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/feb/13/politics-live-cabinet-reshuffle-set-to-get-underway-live-news?page=with:block-5e4537f58f0811db2faf6ea7#block-5e4537f58f0811db2faf6ea7

javid.png

2020-02-13_190923.png

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Yes Boris the genious.

26 minutes ago, samran said:

What drugs are you on? They look like they are good ones.

No, I’m not copy and pasting anything, unlike some blokes here who seem to get all their lines from brexit Facebook sites. 

Anyway, entirely predictable that you blokes are cheering on the destruction of the cabinet system of government and replacing it with a rubber stamp mini politburo.

The same blokes who love knocking us for hating the Brits, where are you now? You should be defending a core part of your long standing system of government.

Not just the cabinet. Johnson is going after the judiciary and parliament itself.

Soon glorious leader Kim Jong Johnson will declare himself El Presidentie for Life. No more general elections. He did say "once in a generation" before the last election and we know how that phrase has to be respected as law within the Brexiteer community. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

What has gone wrong exactly? Have trade negotiations finished already? I must have missed that news. Or are you soothsaying again? 

Anyway, you smashed it in the remainer (rejoiner) cliché bingo! 

" Have trade negotiations finished already? "

First week of March that can become clear....

Much chance for that ......however U.K. "rented"a 11 month's E.U transition......useless ...in my opinion...

!

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

You're posts get more and more amusing. The salt literally drips onto my screen like grease from a cheap Kebab ????.

Now, back to the reshuffle. Solid leadership from Boris, get rid of those Europhile SPADS that reeked of Hammond and take control of Number 11 before we move to an Australian style Brexit deal in December. Top tekkers.

Next swamp to be drained? Whitehall. Must be a lot of squeaky bums in Remainer circles. Plenty more chickens coming home to roost. :partytime2:

Australian deal.

ROFL.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Australian deal.

ROFL.

like the saying : " a kangaroo court " equal now to a " kangaroo deal" ….. brand-new slogan the brexiboys …. can grab it !...my gift to them ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

you have spent three years non stop talking about the bus .

the bus seems to be your answer to everything 

Get it right. Bendy bananas and blue passports mark the majority my contributions when reminding people on the only tangible results of brexit so far.

Apart from a couple of references this thread, I don’t usually deal in fiction written on the side of busses. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

you have spent three years non stop talking about the bus .

the bus seems to be your answer to everything 

Yes the only answer with a repetitive tedious, constant whining. I have noticed that's the ploy from the media and the Brit bashers on here, after trying their best to belittle Boris and failed miserably.  How many majority of seats did he win in the last election when many on here were saying he was getting his P45.

Fortunately he is smarter than many on here and he is given credit, so now they try and attack his adviser.

Its is holiday this week and then the cat next week.

What a stroke of genius from Boris with the cabinet reshuffle and the sacking of Smith (justifiable) and Javid (Genius).

I wonder what rubbish we will get next form our residence Brit haters.

Probably more bus and ditch talk.:cheesy:

• Like 2