I’m Getting Tired of Bangkok Pattaya Hospital

brucegoniners

I’m really tired of this place. It appears to be the only first class hospital in Pattaya and the service absolutely sucks.

I’m getting tired of having an appointment and waiting 45 minutes to an hour to be seen.

They may be able to pull that <deleted> on Thais, who don’t mind their time being wasted, but we Americans are used to better.

can anyone suggest an alternative that’s high quality?

This is one thing I miss about Bangkok.

It is the best hospital in town I think by far.

The problem here is you can walkin without an appt. and be seen pretty quickly.  So maybe people jumping ahead of you that way.

In any event, how much time is your health and better care worth? 45 minutes is not terrible from that prospective, is it?

• Like 2

https://members.bccthai.com/BCCT/asp/corpdetail.asp?CorpID=999

"Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, is the largest tertiary referral hospital on the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand, and is the only hospital in Pattaya accredited by the American Joint Commission International"

As an American you should be happy with it. Maybe complain to the American Joint Commission International.

I have never had a problem with waiting times but do find the doctors and nurses poorly trained and not very au fait with medical practices but more au fait than the staff of any other hostpital in Pattaya. Be wary of costly and completely unnessesary tratments being offered. TiT, Third World country, Third World medical staff.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I have never had a problem with waiting times but do find the doctors and nurses poorly trained and not very au fait with medical practices

No 5hit! Like you say TIT

Edited by Matzzon

They have been in trouble recently  with 3 court cases , one for medical negligence  and 2 for false accounting  all 3 cases were brought by medical insurance companies ,, I am told they paid out over 360m Baht in fines and compensation and that a senior surgeon was forced out . Also they suspended work on the New Pattaya Jomtien  hospital for 6 months  due to Cash flow problems but the work resumed last week ..This info comes from  staff who actually work there  and are my neighbours also my niece  is a Lawyer in Bangkok and she  was involved in the prosecution  for one of the Plaintiffs .

Pattaya Bangkoks reputation is not so good anymore as they are expensive  compared to some of the better Bangkok Hospitals ,  a lot of local middle and upper class Thais are shunning BPH  due to less than happy experience and its price gouging , PIH are <deleted>,, the local government hospitals are excellent for accidents and injuries ,, Memorial looks like a <deleted> hole but they saved my life when I had malaria and Dengue  and it was cheap.

i have used Sirikit in sattahip and Bumrungrad in Bangkok botha re good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Xaos said:

Where Pattaya Jomtien hospital is being built? 

On sukmumvit road going south from Pattaya Tai and just before soi Khaotalo its now about 15  floors high 2 big cranes ,,  work started 2 years ago  but stopped in June 2019 due to lack of funds ,, and restarted  2 weeks ago

14 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

On sukmumvit road going south from Pattaya Tai and just before soi Khaotalo its now about 15  floors high 2 big cranes ,,  work started 2 years ago  but stopped in June 2019 due to lack of funds ,, and restarted  2 weeks ago

Just because that site is behind the small Bangkok Hospital Pattaya "clinic" doesn't mean that building is going to be a hospital and I would really question how Pattaya could support another huge hospital in the first place 

its definitely Bangkok Jomtien Hospital (part of BDMS) what is constructed behind the current small clinic, the work has never been stopped due to financial issues but  is behind schedule though (as almost all construction sides in Thailand), opening was expected within 2020