BANGKOK
webfact

Koh Samui: Build a second airport for budget airlines, much better than a bridge, says MP

1 hour ago, webfact said:

New Palangdharma Party MP Dr Ravee Maschamadol

he's new, not enough experience yet.... but building a bridge would allow for more Thais (who can't afford a air plane ticket) to visit Samui and surrounding areas thus bringing in extra business for the locals

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Or, do the right thing, invest in quality instead of quantity. Although it's probably too late now, I was driving along Chaweng yesterday, the place is an overbuilt mess (the current roadworks aren't helping either). Last time I visited was in 2009 I think, gone downhill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Or, do the right thing, invest in quality instead of quantity. Although it's probably too late now, I was driving along Chaweng yesterday, the place is an overbuilt mess (the current roadworks aren't helping either). Last time I visited was in 2009 I think, gone downhill. 

since 2014 not many things in Thailand moved up hill.....oh, ok, one at least, the quantity of the thick envelopes

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Why not shatter the monopoly and expand the existing facility.

Currently anyone who wants to can fly into surat and bus and boat over. 

Still a hell of alot faster than road travel.

One can only hope the bridge will not extend to koh phangan.  

Edited by metempsychotic

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He suggested that the current airport arrangement that has existed for years is a rip-off and is only for well heeled tourists.

I remember that some years ago some of your colleagues officially declared that they want only classy people for Samui, what is it now? With the Chinese you also accept some lower levels ...

A second airport is a big wane, force Bangkok Air to drop prices and allow other airlines to land at their airport!
Ups, I asked for an absolutely impossible thing ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

he's new, not enough experience yet.... but building a bridge would allow for more Thais (who can't afford a air plane ticket) to visit Samui and surrounding areas thus bringing in extra business for the locals

You missed his thinking. He gets more brown envelopes in building an airport.