Kanchanaburi air quality

phka

7 hours ago, Kan Win said:

Just check 169, 9.00 am Kan Time

http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/kanchanaburi/kanchanaburi/pak-prak/

Win ????

I know. I live in Pak Phraek. Worst I have ever known it here.

Opened and shut the front door this morning again. Stunk of smoke. Have not seen the hills for the last month at least????????????????

Edited by DPKANKAN
  • Like 1

Precisely why I got my family out of LOS for ever in 2013 - that and the laryngeal cancer that I apparently got from breathing the foul "air" in LOS for 13 years and that resulted in me having to endure 4 months of daily radiation therapy in Oz that knocked the stuffing right out of me for four years ! Wifey lost mega baht on the house sale (she says, - we actually made a few $) but saved us all. If I may be so bold - 'doing the same thing (leaving) no matter what it costs you, if you have a wife and kids, can only be so much better for your family's long-term health. (Sorry - I know this is not an option for some). 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, emptypockets said:

What is the point of this thread? A weather report?

The air supply that everyone is sharing has been deliberately tainted to the point of negatively impacting the health of the entire population living there. This is no weather report, this is serious, man made, and totally unnecessary. Don't let the fact that this occurs annually and is so long lasting bore you of this topic, these attributes should instead sound the alarm bells even louder.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, peterdigger said:

Precisely why I got my family out of LOS for ever in 2013 - that and the laryngeal cancer that I apparently got from breathing the foul "air" in LOS for 13 years and that resulted in me having to endure 4 months of daily radiation therapy in Oz that knocked the stuffing right out of me for four years ! Wifey lost mega baht on the house sale (she says, - we actually made a few $) but saved us all. If I may be so bold - 'doing the same thing (leaving) no matter what it costs you, if you have a wife and kids, can only be so much better for your family's long-term health. (Sorry - I know this is not an option for some). 

It's far worse now than it was in 2013. So many things have happened since then. Sadly the Thailand many of us fell in love with is long gone. Burn on Thailand....????????????

2 hours ago, mickey rat said:

It's far worse now than it was in 2013. So many things have happened since then. Sadly the Thailand many of us fell in love with is long gone. Burn on Thailand....????????????

It's a good job the people that are responsible for the burning don't have children they might think again if their kids were breathing in this filth