BANGKOK
liddelljohn

JINGJOKS how to get rid of them ??

im not sure if this is the correct forum but i need to trap and get rid of Jingjoks   ,, small reptiles for those who dont know that like to live in the house and <deleted> everywhere ,,

any ideas ????/

• Sad 1

Easy. Install screens on all windows and doors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I just take the live and let live course, there's one that lives in my computer desk and sticks his head out to say hello whenever I turn on, he had a lady friend in yesterday!

One did his last excursion to the power supply.

Cost me a new one.

Others seem to have suffered smoked AC control units.

They are everywhere and in fact I found them handy as they try to catch and eat the mosquitoes. We have had a bunch here but since I put eggshells in the ceilings, mothballs in the toolcrats, bugzapper to catch flying insects and there are the dogs grown up here. They are declined to a few. One in the doorbell peekabooing once a day and under the fridge to clean up grains of rice.

Rarely see dumps from them, more from the rats whom come around from next door.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Cost me a new one.

They are free, no costs. Only patience with a grain in your hand.

Oh wait.. u mean a new ps.

😄

• Haha 1

I admit their droppings everywhere is annoying, not to say unhygienic, but I didn't used to mind seeing them around the house,

Then the Smeg technician told me the reason that my oven wasn't working is because jingjoks like the warmth from the electrical circuits, and two had got inside and shorted out the printed circuit board. Cost, THB20,000 and three months wait for delivery.

That's when I started catching them whenever I saw them, and evicting them.

It's a never ending job, but I just can't bring myself to kill them.

And the oven is playing up again. I suspect another jingjok short.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Cost me a new one.

I had halogen lights blowing regularly a while back. Always a fried gecko or gecko eggshells inside the ballast.

Black elecrical tape over th holes and a switch to led sorted that out.

43 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The A/C manufacturers do, finally, seem to have seen the light and used small grilles to keep them out, they do seem to be able to get into spaces they shouldn't mind.

We lost a TV to one unfortunate chap, luckily it was a cheap fix.

• Like 1

If they really burst your bubble, the "sticky" paper they sell at grocery stores for rodents works well.   Quite a few months ago, I set one up for a rodent that got into the house.  I caught the rodent, but unfortunately a couple of my little bug eating buddies were also caught in the portable quagmire of death.  Ruthlessly efficient...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The A/C manufacturers do, finally, seem to have seen the light and used small grilles to keep them out, they do seem to be able to get into spaces they shouldn't mind.

We lost a TV to one unfortunate chap, luckily it was a cheap fix.

Mine wasn't so cheap, a new power board 😕 the tech. guy silicone up the entry point that just happens to be a gaping hole in the case when the unit was wall mounted with the standard stand not fitted.