Penang consulate experience

Hello everyone,

Has anyone experience with the requirements from the Royal Thai consulate in Penang?

I can read on the visa requirements Non O based on marriage this:

Point 5:a copy of marriage certificate and a copy of Thai passport or a copy of Thai id card (if married to Thai national)

point 6:a copy of marriage certificate,a copy o Thai passport/a copy of Thai id of spouse and statement

They ask 2x the same and what's mean statement,is it a letter from the wife to grant a visa?

If i good understand the point 5 is if you are married with a Thai lady,and point 6 is for me very strange or is it may be a mistake in the translation or they need 2 sets ,this is coming from the website from the embassy in Penang.

Thank you for yours answersimage.thumb.png.bf3e6ab1214046e9e8450f238b4dbe79.png

The website for the Penang consulate directs you to the consular affairs website that only shows general info.

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it, Copies to your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

No statement or a letter from you wife is needed.

For a single entry non-o visa you will need the equivalent of 200 baht in a bank or 400k baht for a multiple entry non-o.

2 hours ago, denb said:

hi guys

i am off to Penang on Sunday to do a one year O visa, marred to a Thai lady. just one question please.   do you need the original marriage certificate or just a copy?   thank you kindly

You need the original marriage certificate to show them, plus a copy that they take for their records.

• Like 1