Burning the fields

bubblegum

21 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Come to Mae Sot and you can experience real burning. Surrounded left, right, and center by some of the most remote and Pristine jungles in SEA and our air quality was 165 last week. 

Do you make the kids wear masks when boxing/training?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I live near Surin. Not bothered in the slightest. Sugar fires last maybe five to ten minutes. A bit of black "snow". Nothing that concerns me. Actually I like to watch cane fires.

Ridiculous , Any research on the subject 

4E80D611-595E-45F7-8329-8D92EDF421A9.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I live near Surin. Not bothered in the slightest. Sugar fires last maybe five to ten minutes. A bit of black "snow". Nothing that concerns me. Actually I like to watch cane fires.

I am full of hope that you have no kids and you stand with them beside the fires to watch - without masks.
https://neurosciencenews.com/air-pollution-brain-changes-15565/?fbclid=IwAR3uUIFkF5YH8LLwVVP7ZQ161sfnkNLZQd9XjU08Zr7nz7mXpwknjQDSs2U

• Sad 1

The main thing that does have to happen is for them to be shown a better way, I get all the rice straw I can to make compost, I even trade some of the stuff I have grown to get it.

The cane growers have to be told repeatedly that they get extra for unburnt cane and find uses for the left over trash the make a little extra.

To the writer who wrote

21 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

Nothing will happen until the Thias take to the streets in demonstration.

It is the Thais who are doing it, if they dont have a field to burn they burn their rubbish by the roadside including plastics.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

Nothing will happen until the Thias take to the streets in demonstration.

If the Thais do not care, or are to AFRAID to speak...nothing will change.

If the Thais take to the streets, the soldiers will come out and use all that fancy new military equipment they just bought against the people that paid for it.

I also live next door to a fine example of law enforcement. Last week he was in our local noodle shop armed and in uniform and was so drunk he had <deleted> his self, it was only 4 in the afternoon and school kids were laughing at him. But being a true professional he still managed to ask if I could get him a beer.

I also live in Surin and the burning season seems to have just started near me.

I monitor the pollution levels and they seem worse in the mornings until about 10am after some sneaky night time burning.

aqm.jpg

aqm-2.jpg

I have a HEPA air filter running in the bedroom at night. I also have a whole house air filtration that I can run if I want to lock the house down tight.

filter.jpg?w=1180

Edited by Bandersnatch
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 9:17 AM, Bandersnatch said:

I also live in Surin and the burning season seems to have just started near me.

I monitor the pollution levels and they seem worse in the mornings until about 10am after some sneaky night time burning.

aqm.jpg

aqm-2.jpg

I have a HEPA air filter running in the bedroom at night. I also have a whole house air filtration that I can run if I want to lock the house down tight.

filter.jpg?w=1180

May I ask please where you got the air quality monitor?  Thanks.

8 hours ago, thequietman said:

May I ask please where you got the air quality monitor? 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/digital-formaldehyde-detector-hchotvocco2pm25pm10temphumi-tester-aqi-air-quality-monitor-gas-analyzer-i563932223-s1033728676.html

There are cheaper ones if you just wanted air quality checking for PM2.5 but I wanted the CO2 as well.

• Thanks 1