American reports theft of camera, lens at his house

snoop1130

American reports theft of camera, lens at his house

By The Nation

800_7fcb8c3a9472b26.jpg

An American citizen, 29, reported to officers at Yannawa Police Station today (February 11) the theft by a woman of a “Cannon” camera and three camera lens at his house in Bangrak district. 

He said the stolen items worth Bt200,000 belonged to his Thai friend. 

The incident took place at about 5 am on Thursday (February 6), he said , adding that his room was not locked since 11 pm the day before. 

"After the items were stolen, I checked the CCTV footage of my house which showed a woman in the living room."

He said he would give a reward of Bt20,000 for return of the stolen items.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381962

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-11
  • Haha 1

I would not be mad if she broke an ankle or two running in those stupid platform shoes.  She seemed to know the place a little bit as if she had been there before.  She did not go look for any desk draws or anything like that or maybe it was just obvious there was no place else to look

11 hours ago, saakura said:

Looks elderly lady in her forties, he was 29. So perhaps not someone whom he brought home for the night, unless kinky. Anyway, the cctv image is so super clear, she will get caught in no time.

Maybe he took kinky pictures of her and she came back to get the camera?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joeywade said:

You guys are being much kinder than expected.  ???? 

I think a few things might have been lost in translation.  I woke up around 5-6 am the next morning.  The door was not left unlocked all night.  I was stupid by not locking it as soon as I got home, but not stupid enough to leave it unlocked all night. 

This is the second video that was recorded. (She actually came in twice-possibly giving the lenses she took the first time to a helper waiting outside). The other video shows her looking around and digging through bags. 

She’s dressed VERY odd for half past midnight. I believe she might work around Silom (Soi Thaniya specifically)  as she dresses exactly like the older women there; heels, fake hiso clothing, and handbag (seen in the first video). 

Also, if I knew who she was or had invited any “companions” home, then I certainly wouldn’t have made these videos available for the scrutiny of the  general public. The fact is, I have no clue who she is.  The neighbors have also been targeted. 

Theres no excuse for the Christmas tree being up. None at all ????

Well if you didn't leave the door unlocked, who did?

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, saakura said:

Looks elderly lady in her forties, he was 29. So perhaps not someone whom he brought home for the night, unless kinky. Anyway, the cctv image is so super clear, she will get caught in no time.

Yes, she looks like at least 26 years old – and anything above 25 is "old lady", my girlfriend always tells me – the CCTV shows clearly where to look for fingerprints (seemed like she was not wearing gloves), for example at the door, at the thing she touched on the table...????

4 hours ago, joeywade said:

Theres no excuse for the Christmas tree being up. None at all ????

Yes there is, in my Scandinavian home country we say, or at least it was said in older time, that Christmas last to Easter – your tree is still Okay..????

Hope you – or the police – will find the thief.

Very true, wonder if there were any signs around saying you are on CCTV? I think he had what I'd describe as a spy cam. My condo has CCTV and everywhere there are signs prublicizing the fact,  Sort of like a secret doomsday machine, what good is it if you keep it secret?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Very true, wonder if there were any signs around saying you are on CCTV? I think he had what I'd describe as a spy cam. My condo has CCTV and everywhere there are signs prublicizing the fact,  Sort of like a secret doomsday machine, what good is it if you keep it secret?

I have a big sign already at the entrance door. I don't know the Thai law but in many countries you need such a sign by law to inform people that you have cameras.