Thailand misses good opportunity to show its humanity

webfact

Do they the capacity to quarantine and monitor the passengers?

Not allowing them to leave the ship in a port, is as awful them being sent back to sea. Seems like a no win situation.

Where was the ship from?

Any diagnosed cases on board?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Any diagnosed cases on board?

From what I read earlier, not only are there no diagnosed cases but there's no reports of any illness on the ship at all

I have to wonder if the problem is the owner of the ship - it's the same company that owns the ship in Japan that does have a load of cases on board.

Of course if it turns out that there are infected people on board then they would all be reported as new Thailand cases....now what's the problem again?

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I think you missed the part where they say there are no ill people on board the ship. None at all. It was mentioned in another thread earlier in the day.

Yes the one in Japan said similar or they had 2 people ill. Now 130 odd and counting. 

6 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Well they should have no problem docking in their original leaving port or where they planned to go then.... why have Japan turned them away, presumably Hong Kong to.....Philipines.... Guam....

Literally this Government could never make a correcr decision according to some on here...

There does appear to be some element of mystery behind this case, obviously we're not being told everything.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ukrules said:

There does appear to be some element of mystery behind this case, obviously we're not being told everything.

Oh, now there is some element of mystery... Yah think?

Are you back tracking now from your original post?

If they were in a UK port you think they would all be let off and welcomed with open arms?

Edited by bkk6060
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

I think you missed the part where they say there are no ill people on board the ship. None at all. It was mentioned in another thread earlier in the day.

You mean, like the Japanese ship that now has 135 people infected?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Not worth any risk at all. They did the right thing. As for this,

Just try to imagine how desperate the people on board are

They could be in much worse places on Earth. I am sure they will be okay on a luxury cruise liner. 

They could have ordered holland to send an empty plane, let the cruise dock, all guests in the bus, drive it straight to the plane, push them in the plane and wave goodbye....

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The professor said that the Government could have allowed the ship to dock and then quarantined the over 2,000 passengers and crew at the Royal Thai Navy’s base, where Thai health officials could screen them and observe their condition.

Ok do it.... and send you the bill okay?

Thought not!

21 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Please post a link to this alleged event.

LOL, It's my way of saying that they are desperate in wanting the Chinese tourists to continue to visit as in the headline:

"Thailand keeps doors open to Chinese tourists"

Did you really think there is a Ship full of Lepers from China arriving?

1 hour ago, Thian said:

They could have ordered holland to send an empty plane, let the cruise dock, all guests in the bus, drive it straight to the plane, push them in the plane and wave goodbye....

ONE plane and ONE bus for 3000 passengers and crew. I think not!