British prisoner ‘collapses in cell’ with suspected coronavirus after ‘returning from Thai jail’

webfact

3 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Guys - TH is ranked 6th in the world for pandemic preparedness by the WHO. CFO. I am in HH, and am 100% certain that local hospitals are reporting suspected cases and submitting for testing. Assume the rest of the country is the same. We are as reliant on tourism and as disconnected from BKK govt as any other destination.

Virus incubation is typically 5-6 days. 14 days is the last 0.5% of cases. That means we have been through 3.5 infection cycles since sick PRC tourists started arriving for CNY. If nCoV was going to explode in TH, it would have done so already. It doesn't mean we are without risk. But it does mean things are looking good. Compare TH to Princess Cruise, and how fast the virus grew there.

I think Thailand just stopped counting for the most part.   The 'oops' how did that Korean end up infected in Thailand should be an eye opener... if it was still under control and traceable they would have known what he case likely traced from.

• Sad 1

Just now, bkkcanuck8 said:

There are 4 other countries before Thailand, a number have better pandemic medical support... if they are clean - send them to back where they boarded (HK I believe).

So they can catch a flight and be welcomed by Minister Anutin with flowers and facemasks and praised for saving Thailand's tourist season.

Yeah, right.

17 minutes ago, MaxLee said:

And here we have the sensationalised scapegoat FALANG with suspicion of Corona-Virus

Send him back to Thailand , where he picked up the dreaded virus ..

Just now, meechai said:

This guy gets the virus in Thai prison....Thailand supposedly only has 32-33 case

Gets transferred to Brit prison immediately 3 others are infected?

Yet how many were infected at Thai prison? None??

Best we dont think too much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

that has been off Japan which Japan and 4 others have refused docking?  If that is the one the number of cases was over 60 last I checked.  If a first world nation cannot handle disembarking the ship,

With the xenophobic Japanese culture it is certainly not a case of cannot, but of will not.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

I wouldn't worry too much at this stage, they're keeping a special eye on anyone who's returned from Asia and has a cold or flu right now but the regular cold / flu season is still in full swing.

The results of the test will be interesting.

Haha surely you are joking or very misguided to believe what you wrote here 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

British prisoner with suspected coronavirus following extradition from Thailand was arrested in Pattaya last year

A British man who is at the centre of a coronavirus outbreak in the UK after having been recently extradited from Thailand has been revealed as a suspected drug dealer who was arrested in Pattaya last year.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1147919-british-prisoner-with-suspected-coronavirus-following-extradition-from-thailand-was-arrested-in-pattaya-last-year/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spock said:

I have a Thai friend in jail with a low immune system who has twice contracted TB during his 7 years inside. I have warned him about the virus by mail. Thai jails are tailor made for the spread of disease and infection.

You would think IDC is a germ haven as well. 

1 hour ago, Dcheech said:

Basically they are past incubation period, NO cases, so totally clean. The funny thing is had they had flown in they would be accepted with open arms. Likely given Flowers & Facemasks by Government Minister Anutin.

But Thailand does not have the bandwidth?! Is that why my internet has been henky this month?

Incubation is now 24 days according to Singaporean docs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

And what incubation period are you using?  The incubation period is not known exactly, there are cases that show up weeks after exposure, there are people that test negative... go home... then show up positive a week or so later... 

There are 4 other countries before Thailand, a number have better pandemic medical support... if they are clean - send them to back where they boarded (HK I believe).

NCC posted a link yesterday that says the incubation time has now been expanded. I think it is now at 24 days dormant..

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Everyone, for those who may have missed the subtle clues from the page someone thoughtfully posted at the beginning of this thread, The Sun is a Murdoch owned rag that proudly resides in the sub-basement of British journalism and built its reputation on topless "Page 3" girls that these days could actually be regarded as its golden up-market period.  Terms such as "Lag", "banged up", "con", "screws" and "gobsmacked" feature so frequently in their copy that rumour has it staff keyboards have special urban slang shortcuts to paste whole sentences and even headlines into whatever "story" they are fabricating at the time.  Other dedicated keys take you to "gutted" "sexy love tryst" "shamed ex" "busty (fill in name here)" "love cheat", "Freddy Star Ate My Hamster" and, of course "alleged".  Only the National Enquirer and the Daily Star share this space and I'm told they're trying to tunnel their way out.

image.jpeg.ad8581deff0deab7f9fae35644bce99b.jpeg

Todays good news: Home Pro had a full display of comfortable looking face masks at their Hang Dong branch yesterday

Spot on can be included

Edited by ChipButty

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Outbreak of Covid-19 in a Thai prison will condemn the prison population and guards to infection and death. Considering the number of inmates with TB, HIV and other ailments, a large number will die.

All this taking place in the greatest possible secrecy!

I feel confident that the authorities have everything 100% under control and that this will turn out to be fake news! Kudos to the authorities for keeping us all safe. Great job and keep up the good work.???? Now I think I go for a little jog in the smog and filth. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1