British prisoner ‘collapses in cell’ with suspected coronavirus after ‘returning from Thai jail’

webfact

6 hours ago, smedly said:

OMG, what is Thailand not telling

Scary thought, innit? Think of what's festering in that prison, amongst the inmates. And the prison guards, workers etc. Then these guards and workers go back to their families, friends and loved ones after their shifts. Then the families, friends and loved ones continue to interact with other human beings. So on and so forth *shudders*

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

I wouldn't worry too much at this stage, they're keeping a special eye on anyone who's returned from Asia and has a cold or flu right now but the regular cold / flu season is still in full swing.

The results of the test will be interesting.

What´s most worrying, is if the Thai prison he came from also will initiate lock down?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Or, if he is in fact positive, could have picked it up on the flight just as easily as in the monkey house.

either way it is No34 infection lol

he got it in Thailand from another person - No35 perhaps lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

OMG, what is Thailand not telling

Well, the lotto numbers for a start. But other than that, I hadn't heard about the whole prisoner transfer thing in this instance. So there is that.

Would you like to add to the list?

1 minute ago, dcnx said:

Everything.

Now, that is an all encompassing thing. I do recall they told me that Farang with no mask = bad person who should leave. So everything minus that point at least. ????

Edited by Farangwithaplan
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Actually I think a more reasonable estimate of the mortality rate (once the <deleted> hits the fan) is 3%ish when you adjust the confirmed cases to match confirmed deaths and subtract those that would not have been serious enough to be counted.   Once you have a flood of cases the ability to provide oxygen to severe cases will be problematic since there would likely not be enough supply.

You could be correct but most large hospitals have their own large oxygen concentrators that feed the bedside outputs lets hope they are well maintained. also there are personal ones available.

IMG_1467.JPG.fed38511f3096744eaac29b18ac27bf6.JPG

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

AMAZING.

i've heard rumors about a corona outbreak in bangkok prison, but

did not want to post it here from fear of being accused of spreading fake news.

this case proves how dangerous is the situation in thailand, and how dangerous it is

to hide the truth.

a pandemic breakout in jail is the nightmare of any country.

God help us all.

God help thailand.

i am not trying to be dramatic here.

something huge, dark and scary is walking behind the scenes.

there's a lot viable stuff in life to worry about then being called a "conspiracy theorist" by a tvf poster

1 hour ago, SuperTed said:

Guys - TH is ranked 6th in the world for pandemic preparedness by the WHO. CFO. I am in HH, and am 100% certain that local hospitals are reporting suspected cases and submitting for testing. Assume the rest of the country is the same. We are as reliant on tourism and as disconnected from BKK govt as any other destination.

Virus incubation is typically 5-6 days. 14 days is the last 0.5% of cases. That means we have been through 3.5 infection cycles since sick PRC tourists started arriving for CNY. If nCoV was going to explode in TH, it would have done so already. It doesn't mean we are without risk. But it does mean things are looking good. Compare TH to Princess Cruise, and how fast the virus grew there.

I would like to use this post and the replies to evaluate some numbers regardless what we believe or not.

Remark: I am very careful about this virus my kids stay at home at this moment and we avoid any gatherings.

1. The number of 33 confirmed cases in Thailand seems low, but concerning of the testing procedure which is allegedly slow (4-5 tests per day) this number is quite high IMO.

2. https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php   The number of "patience receiving treatment at hospitals" is low and not growing. The number once stands on 410 approx. 10 days ago is now on 355.

3. The severe cases / deaths outside China is low / not growing.

4. There is only 1 confirmed case of people traveling in Thailand and tested positive after return.

If the Virus is spreading fast in Thailand the numbers regarding 2. and 4. should growing but they not.

- correct me if I am wrong.

I also think that some numbers are quite difficult to keep low. I have big difficulties to evaluate the situation prudently. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

And why was he in prison i might ask.

why does it matter?

so you can decide if he deserves the virus or not?

Please, the point is, he was recently transferred from a thai jail / prison, and he's infected. The details surrounding his life are not really our concern. We can only hope he is able to recover from this, and not more people get infected. No matter where they catch the deadly disease, or what reasons they were where they are when they get exposed to this virus.

Do people actually believe the nonsense printed in this newspaper? And I use the world 'newspaper' very lightly in this case.

What has probably happened is the guy has some disease, he collapsed, someone at the Sun heard about it, put 2 and 2 together came up with 5 and bingo it is the Coronavirus 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PremiumLane said:

Do people actually believe the nonsense printed in this newspaper? And I use the world 'newspaper' very lightly in this case.

What has probably happened is the guy has some disease, he collapsed, someone at the Sun heard about it, put 2 and 2 together came up with 5 and bingo it is the Coronavirus 

It sells newspapers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

They need to, 3 times the prison population of the UK.

and most saddening many are there due to petty crimes which one would get community service and probation for in the UK. 

Yet another example of a retarded system copied on the US way of authoritarian punishment ! 

7 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i am not trying to be dramatic here.

something huge, dark and scary is walking behind the scenes.

????????????

You should be working for Spielberg!

Edited by SunsetT
  • Haha 1

Not only has this man been taken to Hospital with suspected Corona Virus, but there is also a report that another British nation reported feeling unwell to a Health Center after a trip to Thailand.

Something is starting to smell bad, and it aint my socks.

• Like 1

So, this is 'suddenly' reported two weeks after returning from Thailand.  Even if it does turn out to be Coronavirus, then, given the incubation period, it's no wonder it wasn't detected in Thailand, or upon his arrival in the UK.  

Edited by ballpoint

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Or, if he is in fact positive, could have picked it up on the flight just as easily as in the monkey house.

It did cross my mind ...but then you think about incubation times....3-24 days.

I would assume he was driven straight to airport and put on a flight back....

would've taken under 48 hours tops.