KETO DIET ultimate thread - Keto diet in Thailand, what do you eat, what did you learn ?

rech

1 minute ago, unsubscribe said:

I had unbelievable results doing keto + omad... did maybe 10 minutes of weight training a day and actually gained muscle while burning a massive amount of fat. It was unreal.

Thats what I started doing 10 mins of deadlifts and carries.

2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

How do you lose muscle on keto?

My strength is up.

I wish I knew. It's not too bad but my legs and arms are definitely weaker. I tried to pull myself up onto the bed of my truck a week ago and failed! My keto varies but is normally very little carbs. Some days its almost zero carbs.

4 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

That having a normal healthy balanced diet, combined with daily exercise is far, far better than the Keto nonsense. ????

Describe a balanced diet including macro if possible. ????

24 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

That having a normal healthy balanced diet, combined with daily exercise is far, far better than the Keto nonsense. ????

What's a balanced diet?

Is that include chips and coke how many?

BD seems to have cause most health problems.

2 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Balanced diet is what dietician tell their obese patient to follow without success. Eat less move more. Don't forget to eat your brown bread, rice and oatmeal. 

Every GP says it. Their explanation was a print out of the discredited food pyramid.

45 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I wish I knew. It's not too bad but my legs and arms are definitely weaker. I tried to pull myself up onto the bed of my truck a week ago and failed! My keto varies but is normally very little carbs. Some days its almost zero carbs.

Fasting boosts growth hormone a lot. Combined with lifting and enough protein you should be doing ok.

• Like 1

I just cut out the bread and noodles and rice most of the time. Also do intermittent fasting eating once a day. It helps a lot. Dr. Sten Ekberg on YT has a lot of useful videos on the topic. Try South Beach Diet, Dukan, Adkins. They are all generally the same. Veggies (above ground - not starchy roots). and meat, fat in particular. 

4 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Doing OMAD you don't need to worry about counting grams of carbs everyday. 22 hours fasted the body is burning fat daily. Of course keto with OMAD works even better but OMAD allows you more freedom when you do eat.

This is exactly what I do. OMAD and low-carb. Works well and easy. Weight drops off with a little walking.

20 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Cheese has lots of calcium.

Salmon has magnesium.

We did not talk about Salmons or Chesse but about your weird idea of what "keto" is and your mentioning of "liver". You seem to read the wrong books about nutrition. Get a scientific one and not a "diet marketing" one

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Enki said:

We did not talk about Salmons or Chesse but about your weird idea of what "keto" is and your mentioning of "liver". You seem to read the wrong books about nutrition. Get a scientific one and not a "diet marketing" one

Maybe you missed the post where some vegan/vegetarian said rice is "one of the most nutritious food that exist". I posted beef liver and rice nutritional fact to show that its not the case. 

Maybe I skipped a post or two but I don't think @UbonThani mentioned liver. 

I'm sure everyone here is very interested about your definition of a real keto diet and I suggest you post relevant link from scientific journal or YouTube video from researcher or doctor. Please don't tell us to go buy a book it doesn't help to enrich the discussion. 

Edited by Tayaout

53 minutes ago, Enki said:

You missed the previous 2 weeks and then misquoted me.

I do keto. It's less than 25g of carbs plus high fat and moderate protein.

It seems you need to follow the discussion a bit more.

What's weird is you quoted me out of context then made up theories.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Enki said:

Get a scientific one and not a "diet marketing" one

Yet I know diet science better than you who didn't know animal foods were high in calcium. Not sure what books you read if you weren't aware of that you should choose better books not vegan stuff.

Edited by UbonThani

6 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

You claimed minerals like calcium and magnesium were lacking in animal foods. Seems you forgot what you wrote.

If it was animal vs vegetal nutrients then animal win unless someone think salt is bad, saturated fat is bad and fiber is essential. I'm too lazy to find the chart with the exact number but I have this one:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317131477_Dietary_Sources_of_Protein_and_Chronic_Kidney_Disease_Progression_The_Proof_May_Be_in_the_Pattern

images (1).png

Edited by Tayaout
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Enki said:

Depends what you call "nutrition". Calories? Trace elements like vitamins or simple minerals like calcium or magnesium? Essential oil acids?

If you try to live a year from liver and blood, you die in 3 or 4 month, good luck.

Your words

Foods high in oxalic acid also impede the absorption of calcium by binding the mineral. Spinach is naturally high in calcium, but it is also high in oxalic acid. The body is unable to process the calcium it provides. Other foods that contain oxalic acid include beet greens, rhubarb and sweet potatoes.

Good books would include facts like that.

8 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

If it was animal vs vegetal nutrients then animal wins. I'm too lazy to find the chart with the exact number but I have this one:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317131477_Dietary_Sources_of_Protein_and_Chronic_Kidney_Disease_Progression_The_Proof_May_Be_in_the_Pattern

images (1).png

150,000 years proves it. If cavemen were vegans they would have died 149999 years ago.

I like this GP. He always add scientific research link to back his claims. 

There is more scientific conference that I might post later but Dr. Ken Berry is good at explaining in simple term and he tried many died on himself. 

Edited by Tayaout