KETO DIET ultimate thread - Keto diet in Thailand, what do you eat, what did you learn ?

rech

11 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Foods high in oxalic acid also impede the absorption of calcium by binding the mineral. Spinach is naturally high in calcium, but it is also high in oxalic acid. The body is unable to process the calcium it provides. Other foods that contain oxalic acid include beet greens, rhubarb and sweet potatoes.

Good books would include facts like that.

I know about anti-nutrient and while they do impede absorbion of nutrients I'm still not convinced yet. I did not find any conclusive research paper on the subject and some suggested that the body might adapt to them by increasing absortion of certain nutrient. However, I do believe anti-nutrient are inflammatory to a variable degree depending on individuals. When I stop all plant food my inflammation level decrease a lot. The worst inflammatory food for me is rice. It brings back a 2 decades old backpain and heartburn that went away the first time I tried keto. 

Edited by Tayaout

10 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Maybe you missed the post where some vegan/vegetarian said rice is "one of the most nutritious food that exist". I posted beef liver and rice nutritional fact to show that its not the case. 

Maybe I skipped a post or two but I don't think @UbonThani mentioned liver. 

I'm sure everyone here is very interested about your definition of a real keto diet and I suggest you post relevant link from scientific journal or YouTube video from researcher or doctor. Please don't tell us to go buy a book it doesn't help to enrich the discussion. 

I already posted the relevant link. Keto is the trend word for FAT. Either a diet that helps you burn your own body fat or a diet that actually consists out of a lot of fat (up to 80% of calories intake).

"Low carb" or "parleo" or "high protein" or "high meat" diets are not "keto" ... they are what their names imply.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet

16 minutes ago, Enki said:

I already posted the relevant link. Keto is the trend word for FAT. Either a diet that helps you burn your own body fat or a diet that actually consists out of a lot of fat (up to 80% of calories intake).

"Low carb" or "parleo" or "high protein" or "high meat" diets are not "keto" ... they are what their names imply.

I know the difference but many peoples report being in ketosis as well on a carnivore (high protein & high fat) diet. Most peoples worry to much about gluconeogenesis kicking them out of ketosis. At the end of the day the most important is a whole food diet (bet it animal, plant or mixed diet).

I know the urine strip are not precise but my wife tested negative and according to the test I should head to the hospital but my blood glucose stay at around 90mg/dL so I'm not dying. I relapsed for a short period of time during my last vacation (ate a standard diet) and my urine ketone level should reach a lower level once my body use them more effeciently again. I think however it proves that I'm in a state of ketosis and might be doing keto right. 

IMG_20200219_140806.jpg

Edited by Tayaout

20 minutes ago, Enki said:

Thanks. We knew that years ago. Glad you read Wiki and found out however high fatty meats can put people into ketosis. All meat people can be keto on fatty cuts.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Think you mean Paleo. Unless you are drinking Leos.

I drink Chang, and stop quoting me out of context. High meat diets are not "keto diets" regardless if they contain fat or not, or even a lot of fat. If you want a name for them, the common american term is "Atkinson diet".

Thanx for pointing out a typo, as you know: english is not my native language. And I'm not good at spelling anyway.

38 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Thanks. We knew that years ago. Glad you read Wiki and found out however high fatty meats can put people into ketosis. All meat people can be keto on fatty cuts.

I don't read wiki.

I linked them for you to read. As it seems I'm the only one in the thread who actually has a clue about nutrition. Hence my advice in the very beginning: read a scientific book and not the next best "diet bestseller", and more important: listen to your body/learn to listen to your body. And as the topic is health relevant for many people: stop giving false advice based on your random internet knowledge.

41 minutes ago, Enki said:

I drink Chang, and stop quoting me out of context. High meat diets are not "keto diets" regardless if they contain fat or not, or even a lot of fat. If you want a name for them, the common american term is "Atkinson diet".

Thanx for pointing out a typo, as you know: english is not my native language. And I'm not good at spelling anyway.

You are wrong. People are in ketosis on all meat. They eat lots of fat for energy.

It seems you missed that in the books.

40 minutes ago, Enki said:

I don't read wiki.

I linked them for you to read. As it seems I'm the only one in the thread who actually has a clue about nutrition. Hence my advice in the very beginning: read a scientific book and not the next best "diet bestseller", and more important: listen to your body/learn to listen to your body. And as the topic is health relevant for many people: stop giving false advice based on your random internet knowledge.

Really? From your comments on minerals you don't know a lot about nutrition. Quoting Wiki proves it. You also don't know people can be in ketosis on all meat. This has been known for a few years.

Nice try though. Choose better books. Carnivore books are available now.

1 minute ago, UbonThani said:

stop giving false advice based on your random internet knowledge.

Yes you should stop doing that. Quoting Wiki and telling people they cannot get minerals from animals is false advice. It's also false to claim they cannot be in ketosis on all meat.

Please do some reading and not on Wiki.

42 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

starting carnivore tomorrow, plan is: -

minced beef, eggs, salt, water, fish oil capsules

maybe no eggs

Eggs are great. I suggest eat them. Eat cheese too. No cheese might give you diarreha.

I do carnivore 3 or 4 days a week now. Prefer steak or tuna or pigs blood. Mince is lower grade stuff.

2 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Really? From your comments on minerals you don't know a lot about nutrition. Quoting Wiki proves it. You also don't know people can be in ketosis on all meat. This has been known for a few years.

Nice try though. Choose better books. Carnivore books are available now.

I know that people can be in ketosis on all meat. However for that you need special circumstances, e.g.: eating very low amounts of meat and being on ketosis from body fat. Low amounts as in not enough to get enough calories from meat, so the body needs to access the fat reserves.

No idea what you want to claim.

An all meat diet is not a KETO diet, so why are you repeating this nonsense?

Again: read a scientific book and not the "diet boll-ocks" books you obviously have read.

And learn to argue in a forum, quoting out of context is just bad style. I don't bother to answer to your other recent posts ...

However: it is unethical to give nutrition advice to people who need it, if you don't know anything about the topic.

Edited by Enki

6 hours ago, Enki said:

I know that people can be in ketosis on all meat. However for that you need special circumstances, e.g.: eating very low amounts of meat and being on ketosis from body fat. Low amounts as in not enough to get enough calories from meat, so the body needs to access the fat reserves.

No idea what you want to claim.

Again: read a scientific book and not the "diet boll-ocks" books you obviously have read.

And learn to argue in a forum, quoting out of context is just bad style. I don't bother to answer to your other recent posts ...

However: it is unethical to give nutrition advice to people who need it, if you don't know anything about the topic.

I've corrected 5 or 6 errors from you. Don't pretend to be an expert on diet when you don't know the basics.

Don't talk about ethics if you don't know the names of diets or what's in them. Your English is fine. You just know much about diet.

Please educate yourself and read the suggested books instead of cutting and pasting stuff from wiki.

Just now, UbonThani said:

And learn to argue in a forum, quoting out of context is just bad style.

I quoted you in context. You just got it all wrong. You quoted me out of context from 2 weeks ago.

If you can't spell popular diets or what's in them then stop pretending to be an expert on nutrition.

I had to tell you what they were called and what's in them cause you didn't know.

https://www.biohackerslab.com/ep81-dr-ken-berry/

This guy is a doctor and an expert on keto and carnivore.

Please read it. It's a lot better than wiki.

At least then you will know the names of diets and what's in them.

"Before his recent switch to the carnivore diet, Ken was on the meat-heavy side of the ketogenic diet.

He believes the two diets are very much related; with the carnivore diet simply being a subset of the ketogenic diet on the all-meat side of the spectrum."

Edited by UbonThani
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

It's you who keeps getting it wrong. People on all meat can be in ketosis.

Please study the science and learn about it.

So far the only science you read came from wiki.

You also falsely claimed people would die in 4 months eating liver and blood. Stop making up theories.