Bloomberg buffeted by recording of him discussing crime, minorities

webfact

On 2/12/2020 at 6:12 AM, webfact said:

U.S. presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg, rising in public opinion polls in recent weeks, found himself on the defensive on Tuesday over newly surfaced remarks from 2015 in which he said 95% of murderers and murder victims were minorities.

Spread a couple of billion $$$ USD around to grease the wheels and suddenly all the bad press will disappear to be replace by bylines lauding billionaire Bloomberg as a saint rivalling Mother Teresa.

20 minutes ago, connda said:

Spread a couple of billion $$$ USD around to grease the wheels and suddenly all the bad press will disappear to be replace by bylines lauding billionaire Bloomberg as a saint rivalling Mother Teresa.

Sure his money will help a lot. But all candidates have issues they need to work to neutralize, the earlier the better. 45 managed to get elected with all his baggage which included the pussy grabbing tape and even a very credible charge of being a pervy peeping Tom on underage girls, and that's just scratching the surface. So it would help Bloomberg if he is nominated to be running against 45 who overall has done much much worse. But he will be vetted aggressively soon as we enter Super Tuesday. He's going to have to go even further with his apology tour. 45 never apologized for anything but the democrats are a different political brand in that way, take it or leave it. My take is that the democrats NEED to evict 45 more than anything else and will largely out of practical politics accept Bloomberg's baggage. There are already strong signs that has already happened as Bloomberg is polling has almost as much African American support as Biden (but Bloomberg isn't on the ballot there).

To be clear, I am certainly not predicting Bloomberg will be nominated. Nobody knows who will be nominated.

I am saying Bloomberg might be nominated and that democrats and Americans in general including 45 and his fans will continue to see Bloomberg as a potentially very strong candidate to do the job that needs to be done -- evicting 45. Regardless of his baggage.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Anyway if we can be serious for a moment. Please do explain how Bloomberg is going to go to MI, OH, PA, and win? He is an evironmentalist first and foremost. The fracking industry is a major player in Ohio and Pennsylvania. You pretty much need both states.

Michigan and Wisconsin aren't must wins but PA and OH are.

Tom Wolfe is the popular governor of Pennsylvania. Here's are a few recent actions he took.

Gov. Wolf says he supports full fracking ban in Delaware River basin

At a meeting with his counterparts from New Jersey and Delaware, Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf said he now supports a full ban on hydraulic fracturing in the watershed, as well as a ban on any water transfers associated with drilling operations.

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf, along with Democratic Delaware Gov. John Carney, said during an event in Philadelphia on Thursday they now support a full ban on fracking activities in the Delaware River basin, a position long sought by environmental activists in the region.

Wolf and Carney previously supported a ban on using hydraulic fracturing — a drilling technique being used to extract large bounties of natural gas in Pennsylvania — in the basin. 

https://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/news/20190516/gov-wolf-says-he-supports-full-fracking-ban-in-delaware-river-basin

Governor Wolf Takes Executive Action to Combat Climate Change, Carbon Emissions

Governor Tom Wolf today took executive action instructing the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to join the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), a market-based collaboration among nine Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and combat climate change while generating economic growth.

“Climate change is the most critical environmental threat confronting the world, and power generation is one of the biggest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions,” said Governor Wolf. “Given the urgency of the climate crisis facing Pennsylvania and the entire planet, the commonwealth must continue to take concrete, economically sound and immediate steps to reduce emissions.

https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/governor-wolf-takes-executive-action-to-combat-climate-change-carbon-emissions/?mod=article_inline

2 big problems with your "analysis", although I don't think what you've posted involved much heavy thinking. One is that you confuse the interests of the rich with that of the general public. Another is that you overestimate the size and importance of the blue collar vote. You might want to take another look at the 2018 mid term vote totals in Pennsylvania.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Significant  'deplorables' moment for Mike. Or as the lame MSM would say, a light buffeting ????

Caught on camera saying:

MB: “I can teach anyone how to be a farmer 1 dig a hole 2 put a seed in 3 put dirt on top 4 add water 5 up comes the corn”

Way to go, Mike....another elitist bites the dust....he has no clue what's going on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Tom Wolfe is the popular governor of Pennsylvania. Here's are a few recent actions he took.

Gov. Wolf says he supports full fracking ban in Delaware River basin

At a meeting with his counterparts from New Jersey and Delaware, Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf said he now supports a full ban on hydraulic fracturing in the watershed, as well as a ban on any water transfers associated with drilling operations.

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf, along with Democratic Delaware Gov. John Carney, said during an event in Philadelphia on Thursday they now support a full ban on fracking activities in the Delaware River basin, a position long sought by environmental activists in the region.

Wolf and Carney previously supported a ban on using hydraulic fracturing — a drilling technique being used to extract large bounties of natural gas in Pennsylvania — in the basin. 

https://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/news/20190516/gov-wolf-says-he-supports-full-fracking-ban-in-delaware-river-basin

Governor Wolf Takes Executive Action to Combat Climate Change, Carbon Emissions

Governor Tom Wolf today took executive action instructing the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to join the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), a market-based collaboration among nine Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and combat climate change while generating economic growth.

“Climate change is the most critical environmental threat confronting the world, and power generation is one of the biggest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions,” said Governor Wolf. “Given the urgency of the climate crisis facing Pennsylvania and the entire planet, the commonwealth must continue to take concrete, economically sound and immediate steps to reduce emissions.

https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/governor-wolf-takes-executive-action-to-combat-climate-change-carbon-emissions/?mod=article_inline

2 big problems with your "analysis", although I don't think what you've posted involved much heavy thinking. One is that you confuse the interests of the rich with that of the general public. Another is that you overestimate the size and importance of the blue collar vote. You might want to take another look at the 2018 mid term vote totals in Pennsylvania.

I don't think he understands how many people live around Philadphia in the suburbs.

As a center aisle kind of guy who leans slightly right, I like Bloomberg better than the other Democrat candidates. But he faces more than the Stop of Frisk controversy. The Washington Post had an article about his allegations of sexual harassment and sexism yesterday, so there's that too.

And choosing Hillary as a running mate would be a horrible move, if he gets the Dem nomination his challenge will be to get Sanders supporters to vote, rather than sit home. And Clinton is the last person on earth to motivate them. He needs someone from the AOC camp, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

As a center aisle kind of guy who leans slightly right, I like Bloomberg better than the other Democrat candidates.

And yet you chose as your avatar, Anthony Weiner, someone who the Republicans repeatedly used as a stick to beat Democrats with. Next you'll be telling us you don't like Trump but...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Bloombergs a guy the dems have turned to in desperation.

He's only known on the fringes ... and the ones

who do know him are wary of his attempt at buying his way to the presidency.

Odd, when Trump said he wouldn't accept donations but would pay entirely for his presidential campaign so as not to be obligated to special interests, his supported applauded.

When Bloomberg spends his money to achieve the same result it's an "attempt at buying his way to the presidency."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Odd, when Trump said he wouldn't accept donations but would pay entirely for his presidential campaign so as not to be obligated to special interests, his supported applauded.

When Bloomberg spends his money to achieve the same result it's an "attempt at buying his way to the presidency."

Trump had campaign promises that have been largely fulfilled ie. he did what he said he would....the only promise Bloomberg has is that he wants to defeat trump. Is that even a promise? Maybe file under pipedream ????

56 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Bloombergs a guy the dems have turned to in desperation.

He's only known on the fringes ... and the ones

who do know him are wary of his attempt at buying his way to the presidency.

He's only known on the fringes. That's hilarious.

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Lets revisit that hilarity when he crashes out in disgrace....I dont think he will even be the nominee.

People in the farm belt dont even know this clown.

Everyone knows who he Is by now. His ads are all over the media. Saturation, and it's early yet.

But I never predicted he would be nominated. I'm saying and it's the obvious truth that he MIGHT be nominated and in my opinion he would be very potent against 45.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Lets revisit that hilarity when he crashes out in disgrace....I dont think he will even be the nominee.

It's better if they don't know him. With what he is recorded saying about farmers along with his environmental positions. He belittles farmers as being stupid and his policies would put many of them out of business.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 5:16 PM, simon43 said:

"95% of your murders - murderers and murder victims - fit one M.O.," Bloomberg said. "You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops. They are male; minorities 16 to 25."

Well, if that records show that the 95% is correct, then what's wrong with stating a fact?  Oh wait, it might offend the snowflakes.....

All well and good that was factual.  That's what he said, but it's not how he addressed the issue.

It's when he had the NYPD treating minorities like 95% of them were criminals that he went off the rails, and in serious breach of rights guaranteed under the 4th amendment.

Being black or Latino isn't probable cause.

Edited by impulse

3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

They sure know trump he’s the guy that wrecked their overseas market and spent more(created more debt)than Obama did bailing out the auto industry during the (Great Recession)almost another Great Depression but for teamwork and sound leadership naaa mike shows real promise 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

They sure know trump he’s the guy that wrecked their overseas market and spent more(created more debt)than Obama did bailing out the auto industry during the (Great Recession)almost another Great Depression but for teamwork and sound leadership naaa mike shows real promise 

He didn’t bail out the auto industry, he bailed out the UAW.

Ford didn’t take the money. 

• Thanks 2

Why even have a president. Trump has done nothing and the US is still rolling along, even though the debt is the biggest in history.

Just let the senate make decisions. All the president does is corrupt the office. Well this one took it to an art form.

There is an awful lot of money wasted on a whitehouse that does nothing.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tug said:

TARP Act is probably what you are looking for.

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) was a program to purchase toxic assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen the financial sector passed by Congress and signed into law by President Bush  . The TARP program originally authorized expenditures of $700 billion. The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 created the TARP program.

All Bush.  Pelosi tried to stop it until Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson literally got on his knees during an emergency meeting and begged her to prevent the total destruction of the US economy.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

sounds quite predictable considering the Dems don't have a hope in hell at the white house.

we cant win....so lets not have a president....classic ????????????

I dont support either party.

Trump supporter wrong again.

• Sad 1

Well, when it comes to American politics, the very first thing I'm concerned about, as an American, is whether British and UK people will approve on the TVF forum. I mean if Brits don't approve of American politics, I'm just not sure where we Yanks go from here. I mean, it's not as if we Yanks have a thousand other alternatives ????

Edited by OZinPattaya
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OZinPattaya said:

Well, when it comes to American politics, the very first thing I'm concerned about, as an American, is whether British and UK people will approve on the TVF forum. I mean if Brits don't approve of American politics, I'm just not sure where we Yanks go from here. I mean, it's not as if we Yanks have a thousand other alternatives ????

What I'm concerned about is the quality of a post rather than the nationality of its author. Ya think facts and rationality depend vary based on nationality?

Edited by bristolboy