Klobuchar surge in New Hampshire could reshuffle Democratic White House race

We'll let the electorate decide who will be president

31 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Bruce, voters decide the election and the number of electoral votes. 

Your crooked candidate lost. She deserved to. 

The college is not stacked, unless you want to count the illegals in California 

You posted " We'll let the electorate decide who will be president...".  I thought it reasonable to point out that this wasn't true in 2016 and won't be true in 2020.  If it were true, Clinton would be President.

Hillary Clinton has been repeatedly investigated without obstruction.  No charges have been filed.  Trump has repeatedly obstructed investigations.  Charges will come eventually.

Once again alluding to the phantom illegal voters.  If any existed they would have been found by now.  Try living with reality.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's been my top choice all along. She performs beautifully in the senate so has credible experience. She has strong African American support in her state. She wins bigly in precincts in her state th

Laughable given what you defend in the current incumbent.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Chiphigh said:

Here we are again with the ridiculous virtue signaling based on an opinion. 

You know what's really ridiculous not to mention tragic? "Vice signaling" from the 45 cult of personality followers. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chiphigh said:

The drama in the existential comment is ridiculous, but this is the face of the irrational emotional outrage machine on the left. 

Yeah, the 45 cult of personality agenda runs on logic, not emotion. That's the ticket!

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, the 45 cult of personality agenda runs on logic, not emotion. That's the ticket!

Sometimes it seems that it could be said that emotions are running high on both sides. 

• Like 1

The ball is in Amy's court now. Will she be able to raise enough money to really play?

What’s Behind Amy Klobuchar’s Surge — And Can It Go National?

It’s not often that a third-place finish grabs more headlines than first place, but there’s nothing the media loves more than an underdog, and they got one in spades with Sen. Amy Klobuchar on Tuesday night.

While there was evidence that Klobuchar was on the uptick going into election night (she gained a little more than 2 points in our polling average after the debate on Friday), she still handily outperformed her polls in New Hampshire. Klobuchar had been at about 10 percent, but she doubled her support on Tuesday, finishing third with 20 percent of the vote — just 6 points behind Sen. Bernie Sanders (the winner) and 4 points behind former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who came in second.

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The ball is in Amy's court now. Will she be able to raise enough money to really play?

Good question!

They LOVE Klobuchar!!! in Iowa she was consistently behind Yang , though she was included in the Debate and Yang was not, If you watched the political talking head shows she was always invited, not a word from Yang!!

In the next debate they were forced by the numbers to include Yang, I did not watched because I was busy. afterwards I went on Google news to read what all the different news outlets had to say. Not a mention of Yand, not even that he was in the debate ot that he existed, But Klobuchar plastered in every article. 

It seems to me that they are trying to soon feed as another Hillary.  trump must be delighted. 

Sanders is the only viable option for me now, I just wish he was Yanger (pun intended) . We don't need a woman or a gay at any cost. Can you imagine the salivation at the DNC is there was a gay woman running? make her also black or hispanic,  and their Pavlovian Response would had being over the top, 

Edited by metisdead
Over-sized emoji removed.
  • Haha 1
On 2/13/2020 at 8:26 PM, sirineou said:

They LOVE Klobuchar!!! in Iowa she was consistently behind Yang , though she was included in the Debate and Yang was not, If you watched the political talking head shows she was always invited, not a word from Yang!!

In the next debate they were forced by the numbers to include Yang, I did not watched because I was busy. afterwards I went on Google news to read what all the different news outlets had to say. Not a mention of Yand, not even that he was in the debate ot that he existed, But Klobuchar plastered in every article. 

It seems to me that they are trying to soon feed as another Hillary.  trump must be delighted. 

Sanders is the only viable option for me now, I just wish he was Yanger (pun intended) . We don't need a woman or a gay at any cost. Can you imagine the salivation at the DNC is there was a gay woman running? make her also black or hispanic,  and their Pavlovian Response would had being over the top, 

You're pushing a totally absurd conspiracy theory. As you know Yang is out of the race because his support was so minimal. That has happened to a number of good people such as Booker. 

Yes, the debate in New Hampshire was a turning point for Klobuchar. She has had a number of good debate performances in the past but this time in NH it was remarkably good and she was the obvious clear winner to most everyone that watched it. In the wake of people losing their enthusiasm for Biden (if they ever had any) the Amy stars aligned  for a few shorts days before the NH vote creating a truly newsworthy surge for Klobuchar. Candidates have been included in the debates or not based on somewhat arcane DNC rules about donors and polls. There is a controversy now that they changed the rules in order to get Bloomberg into the debates. It kind of looks like they did but on the other hand at this point Bloomberg is placing third in national polls so I think it's in the public interest to see him in a debate setting, if nothing else, to imagine how he would do against 45.

Spoon feed another Hillary? Klobuchar? HUH?!? Because she's a woman? Seriously? Klobuchar has no relation to Hillary.

Of course it's totally OK for you or anyone to favor Bernie but I find your reasons to oppose everyone else (seemingly because they might be women or minorities except Asians or Jews) kind of strange. Many people including me are clear on why we oppose Bernie. More than anything else it's because Bernie is who 45 wants to run against because he intends to red bait him to a pulp. I happen to think the Bernie vs. 45 would mean a landslide for 45 and his party retaking the house. In other words a disaster. Totally not worth the risk. 

Also to add at this point in time Bernie has a much more likely path to the nomination than anyone else and Amy remains a long shot. So don't fret -- you may get your Bernie nominee. One surprising performance by Amy does not a nomination make. But we shall see how this develops. 

On 2/12/2020 at 11:57 AM, JHolmesJr said:

I dont know what you're getting so excited....she's getting trounced in NH.

Guess no one likes a nasty woman who's only pitch is orange man bad.

Guess the Dem voters like radical free stuff Bernie more.

who would have thought? 🤣

Guess you dont know what the op says.

Klobuchar surges.

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

James Carville, legendary Dem strategist refers to Bernoe followers as a cult.

He got that right....Trump supporters are only a cult because CNN / Morning Joe says so.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Wow, there is so much to digest in that, with all those twists and turns.

Against my better judgement I will respond.

-- Yang was one of many candidates. I don't see any relation to Yang's fall and Klobuchar's rise in New Hampshire. He did poorly in Iowa and NH. He likely didn't want to spend any more money on a definitely lost candidacy cause. End of! I don't see any relation to Yang being in debates and Klobuchar being in debates. They were both as were ALL the candidates subject to exactly the same formulas on polls and donors! 

As I did say since then the rules have been changed seemingly to let Bloomberg in the debates. That's questionable.  

I like many wonder if this year's debate rules were very good. It does seem weird that in general the racial minority candidates got eliminated under that system also considering the first two primary states are overwhelmingly white. I hope they make adjustments next cycle, that is if there is a next cycle.

Klobuchar got more time on the networks after she did surprisingly well in NH. Again putting her directly against Yang in a field of so many candidates seems very bizarre. You make these media assertions as well and victimization claims towards Yang and I seriously doubt you can back them up. I'm hearing that you're sad that Yang is out. Sorry about that. Personally and clearly like the majority of democrats I didn't take his candidacy very seriously. He seemed to be in it for comic relief (which was very welcome) and also to promote an issue of a basic income which is a worthy issue but ahead of it's time in the U.S. 

Can of worms stuff -- you are the one that started with the identity politics stuff accusing the DNC of pushing as you said --

Can you imagine the salivation at the DNC is there was a gay woman running? make her also black or hispanic,  and their Pavlovian Response would had being over the top, 

I humbly suggest that you either own toxic and reactionary rhetoric such as that or not. Claiming family in such groups does not cut it.  I don't wish to engage with you about this further and go down a rathole of spin. The democratic party is indeed a much more inclusive party for women and minorities and I would suggest any democrat that has a problem with that might be identifying with a party that doesn't fit them.

As far as polls, yes, I see such polls and don't give much credence to them at this time. Why? Again, because 45 clearly prefers to run against Bernie because he can red bait him and he can also red bait the entire democratic down party ticket. The result of several months of that can't possibly be showing up in polls such as that at this time. 

I would read what you said, but it would also be against my better judgment also. 

One does not start a conversation with me with that sentence and expects me even listen what they have  to say.   

I think next time you should listen to your :better judgment and not waste your time. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I would read what you said, but it would also be against my better judgment also. 

One does not start a conversation with me with that sentence and expects me even listen what they have  to say.   

I think next time you should listen to your :better judgment and not waste your time. 

It's fine with me if you don't wish to engage further. In fact very fine.

But posts aren't read only by you so again, no worries.

It now occursto me that Amy did get some good coverage after Iowa and before the New Hampshire debate, and that can easily be explained by these points instead of resorting to conspiracy theory sounding rhetoric that somehow the invisible powers that be were doing a hit job or Yang and were propping up Amy.

-- Amy did much better in the Iowa caucuses than Yang. Poorer performing candidates generally get less media attention.

Amy got about 13 percent of the popular vote and only one delegate.

Yang got about 5 percent of the popular vote and no delegates.

-- Amy used her political skills realizing that the results weren't coming in on time in Iowa to hold the FIRST candidate speaking event after the election. It was very upbeat. It wasn't silly to say she had won as she knew she hadn't, but it allowed her to spin Iowa in a positive way for her. Surely we want a democratic nominee that has such good political skills and instincts! Being

first to do that, she got good attention from the media. No dark conspiracy to screw Yang.