Klobuchar surge in New Hampshire could reshuffle Democratic White House race

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Exactly. This election certainly will not be about specific policy wonkery. It's about direction. The USA as authoritarian country like Russia/Hungary/Turkey OR working our way back out of the dark abyss that 45 has sunk us into. To obsess about policy details or some fiction of ideological purity now is like someone in a house fire not bothering to evacuate but instead logging onto Amazon to change the cup size of their jock strap order.

Not sure the last time you have actually been to the USA but your imagination is getting carried away. The USA is nothing like Russia, Hungary or Turkey. You are residing in a country that is arguably going the wrong way and I think it is affecting your judgement a little bit.

Since there is no house fire I feel like I can take my time to adjust my cup size. I like a perfect fit and like my jock straps to be just right. I guess the doom and gloom narrative works better if you aren't on the ground and experiencing the prosperity most people here are.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's been my top choice all along. She performs beautifully in the senate so has credible experience. She has strong African American support in her state. She wins bigly in precincts in her state th

Laughable given what you defend in the current incumbent.

Posted Images

What this election is really about and why it's so important for democrats, independents, and the odd republican to be totally focused on the most important goal -- beating 45 and making sure he actually leaves office if he loses. Whether that be with Klobuchar, Bloomberg, or fill in the blank, any other outcome would be tragic. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/02/14/trumps-authoritarian-style-is-remaking-america/

Trump’s authoritarian style is remaking America

Over the course of his presidency, there have been myriad warnings about President Trump’s authoritarian tendencies. He has played to the fears of his critics by blowing past the republic’s increasingly creaky system of checks and balances. And with the aid of a right-wing echo chamber, he has pushed forward a narrative that conflates national interest with his personal gain, patriotism with unflinching loyalty to the occupant of the Oval Office.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Trump is a winner. Have you not figured that out yet?

Despite everything against him he just keeps winning. This is not going to change.

Premature prognostication. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Geez man, you are naive beyond belief.  So tell me, how do you think Trump got elected in 2016?  Hint: It had nothing to do with his debating skills.  Or facts, policies, ideas,...nothing like that.  Look, we're on the same team...I think.  I want Trump out, I don't care who does it. 

I am naive? And yet we like the same candidate? 

You need to work on your debating skills.

It is intriguing how nobody addresses points in here. Like I have asked ten times, who is it exactly who wont love getting free healthcare? Why do you think a less well funded, centrist , establishment woman dem can win when one just lost to Trump? Where on earth are you getting your theory that Sanders wont beat Trump (he is polling better than any dem candidate against Trump by the way). Did you know Sanders has a double digit lead among dems now? 

So yeah, just don't answer any of those questions, and say "Bernie can't win" without supporting it in any way whatsoever, even though polling days the opposite, and the  call me naive. 

Anyway, my stomach still hurts from laughing at the points from earlier. And notice once again, nobody responded to these points, and understandably so, not that it was your point.... "if you add up all the votes for the centrist candidates, Sanders is losing"... that had got to be one for the stupidity record books. And I am the one being labeled naive. Too rich. 

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Premature prognostication. 

I don't think a person who thinks it is wise to add the votes up from all the centrist candidates in a primary will be the "xeno-morphed winner" who beats Bernie sanders gets to have his opinion considered much. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's a totally bogus conspiracy theory about Pelosi. 

You forgot to mention the biggest threat to 45 - - Mike Bloomberg. 

Learn how primaries work first before voicing your opinion. You don't add votes from multiple candidates so as to defeat other candidates. 

We have a frontrunner, and it is not Mike Bloomberg. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Exactly. This election certainly will not be about specific policy wonkery. It's about direction. The USA as authoritarian country like Russia/Hungary/Turkey OR working our way back out of the dark abyss that 45 has sunk us into. To obsess about policy details or some fiction of ideological purity now is like someone in a house fire not bothering to evacuate but instead logging onto Amazon to change the cup size of their jock strap order.

I do not even think you know what you are saying half the time. Does not inspire much confidence.

So policies do not matter according to you. So, if Klobuchar decided she wanted to run on a anti gay platform, that would not matter, right? 

Such utterly eloquent statements you make. "Policy does not matter", and I thought we had seen the bottom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

"Klobuchar surge in New Hampshire could reshuffle Democratic White House race"

Indeed the race has been reshuffled. 

Pelosi's plan to tank Sanders by dragging out the impeachment backfired big time.  Instead of tanking Bernie, it tanked Biden!  Trump played it well, dragging Biden's name into it as much as he could.  Now we have Bernie, Pete, and Amy in the top three slots.  Pelosi will have to do more to tank Bernie.

So Pelosi is now accused of dragging out the impeachment.  During the Senate trial she was accused of rushing impeachment instead of taking the time to adequately investigate. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
15 minutes ago, sucit said:

I do not even think you know what you are saying half the time. Does not inspire much confidence.

So policies do not matter according to you. So, if Klobuchar decided she wanted to run on a anti gay platform, that would not matter, right? 

Such utterly eloquent statements you make. "Policy does not matter", and I thought we had seen the bottom. 

Policies matter.  So does a record of getting things done.  Bernie is strong of the first, weak on the last.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The state of the race now.

I think we probably have ALL the names in play by now. ONLY six names! That's quite a winnowing. 

But still lots of questions.

Will Biden win in South Carolina and Nevada? If so, he can stay. 

Is Amy a flash in the New England pan, flavor of the week, or can she build klomentum and big bucks to really go forward?

Bloomberg. Super Tuesday. Does his bold plan work. It's never worked before like that but these are different times, Bloomberg is a unique force, and then there is all that money!

Sanders -- does he hold on to his early and precarious first place lead or not? 

Warren -- dead in the water or comeback Liz?

Buttigieg -- how does the more homophobic and African American south perform for him?

The convention. Early for sure but it's a good bet nobody will be going into it with a FIRST BALLOT shot.

Then after that, it's wide open baby!

Impossible to predict but at this point if I was betting money, I would bet on Mike Bloomberg's money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/02/14/bernie-is-no-1-second-place-tie/?arc404=true

Bernie is at No. 1. And in second place? A tie.

After the first two contests, anyone who tells you they know with certainty who the nominee will be is smoking something, hopefully in a state where it’s legal.

Bernie Sanders got more votes in both states than anyone else. But Pete Buttigieg (a married gay man! think back to 2012 and imagine!) was very close and actually came away with more delegates than Sanders in Iowa and just as many in New Hampshire.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Policies matter.  So does a record of getting things done.  Bernie is strong of the first, weak on the last.

Sure policies matter. But their policies are really not all that different in contrast to 45 and they will all need to deal with congress anyway to get anything done at all  (so coattails matter a lot too!). Democrats and correctly so are prioritizing trying to pick a candidate that has the best chance of winning against 45, he who must be beaten. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1