Pattaya: Foreigner found in the sea off Koh Larn: Neck was tied to rock to weigh down the body

webfact

Pattaya: Foreigner found in the sea off Koh Larn: Neck was tied to rock to weigh down the body

1pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoed

Pattaya police and Sawang Boriboon rescue services were called after the body of a foreign tourist was found floating face down 400 meters off a beach at Koh Larn, Chonburi. 

The level of decomposition indicated that the man had been there for 2 days. He was found around 1.30 pm yesterday.

He was dressed in black with jeans. By his legs was an orange life jacket.

His neck was tied to a rope that was attached to a rock to weigh down the body.

Also found was a black bag. It contained a phone charger, neck support pillow, underpants and a handkerchief. 

A Sawang Boriboon worker said that no motive or cause had yet been established. 

The body was sent for autopsy. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-12
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

13 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

But why did he bring his phone charger but not his phone, and no wallet? Sure it could have been dropped and not found but it's odd.

He was wearing jeans but no mention of a bag of any description. With the rock attached to his neck he would have been flowing head down and phone and wallet could easily have slipped out from his pockets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Why would they give a murder victim a life jacket?

I was a bit confused by this at first. A rock tied to his neck and a life jacket by his feet. How puzzling.

Then the penny dropped. Float the rock out to sea in the life jacket, throw the rock overboard and down you go. I'll go for suicide. Very sad and somewhat disturbing that there are so many here.

I'm glad you explained that. I was thinking it couldn't be murder too. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dcheech said:
34 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Why would they give a murder victim a life jacket?

I was a bit confused by this at first. A rock tied to his neck and a life jacket by his feet. How puzzling.

Then the penny dropped. Float the rock out to sea in the life jacket, throw the rock overboard and down you go. I'll go for suicide. Very sad and somewhat disturbing that there are so many here.

I'm glad you explained that. I was thinking it couldn't be murder too. 

if still a murder, the perp may have assumed a cheap vest would have failed quickly, providing the delay fuse for sinking the rock?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

He was wearing jeans but no mention of a bag of any description. With the rock attached to his neck he would have been flowing head down and phone and wallet could easily have slipped out from his pockets.

Go back and read it again. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Go back and read it again. 

Oh yes he did have a bag, but not, it seems a bumbag or similar. The body wear type. So same logic applies. Most guys I've known carry their phone and wallet in their pockets. It saves all that rummaging that women always seem to be doing every time their phone rings.

Edited by Moonlover

11 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

"Very sad and somewhat disturbing that there are so many here".

Sometimes we can travel to the end of the Earth, to the most amazing places, but our problems/issues travel with us.

RIP to whoever this was.

Agree, and subject has been discussed quite a few times on Thai Visa with several theories put forward....... 

– Old and/or sick and doesn't want to carry on.

– Extremely lonely.

– Has run out of money, or his money has been taken/stolen.

– GF or wife has run out on him.

– A family tragedy that he cannot live with.

– Or the fact that he wants to go back home, but nobody will have him?

Plenty of others I'm sure, and I do feel sorry for folks like this, so sad.

• Like 2