BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: Foreigner found in the sea off Koh Larn: Neck was tied to rock to weigh down the body

1 minute ago, Jare said:

Everywhere you go your dreams can become a nightmare, just that in western countries there is more of an effort to prevent things like this happening. More often decline in the west is slow and lonely. In places like here, it can decline a lot quicker, whatever chain of events that led to this is.

Hit the nail on the head here. The amount of uncertainty many people here can be definitely attribute to these sort of events. 

Terribly sad. 

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Most guys I've known carry their phone and wallet in their pockets. It saves all that rummaging that women always seem to be doing every time their phone rings.

Most women i've seen, has the phone glued to their hand.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

imo it wasn't suicide and a bigger weight could have kept the body under..

If a murder then a bigger weight would possibly been effective at keeping the body underwater.  The smaller rock tends to prove the theory put forward by Moonlover as possibly true.  Bigger rock harder to float out on the lifejacket.

Bodies start to decompose after death and drowning victims tend to surface within 24-48 hours after death as the decomposition creates gases that make the corpse more buoyant.  The corpse will remain buoyant until the gases are released and the body will then sink and not return.

If a murder, then piercing of the stomach and chest cavity before dumping at sea usually ensures the body remains at the bottom.

• Like 1

Weight to neck and life jacket to legs: clearly wanted to have an appearance of a vertical sea weed growing from the sea bottom and mislead boaters in the area as usually bodies in water will position themselves horizontally, a murder. RIP !

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

imo it wasn't suicide and a bigger weight could have kept the body under..

Do expand on your theory a bit. Why would a criminal intent on concealing a body by sinking it in the sea attach a life jacket to it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Do expand on your theory a bit. Why would a criminal intent on concealing a body by sinking it in the sea attach a life jacket to it?

as usual the facts presented are designed to promote speculation hence more thread action $, there obviously isn't enough information for a theory expansion, this is just my opinion stated - I don't believe this is suicide..

5 hours ago, nev said:

R.I.P.

New way to suicide?

surely the balconies are disappearing

1 hour ago, Jare said:

Everywhere you go your dreams can become a nightmare, just that in western countries there is more of an effort to prevent things like this happening. More often decline in the west is slow and lonely. In places like here, it can decline a lot quicker, whatever chain of events that led to this is.

Not really.

There were approx. 1.5 million attempt suicides in the US last year and close to 50,000 died.  It is an epidemic in the US they just do not advertise it every time it happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nev said:

R.I.P.

New way to suicide?

Do you expect "copycats"?

• Haha 1

Possibly floating device around his feet to make sure his head stayed under with the rock. Guy where I come from in uk rowed into middle of a loch and put on a rucksack full of rocks and jumped over the side. Horrible way to go I would think . 

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If his hands were tied behind his back...suicide for sure.case closed.

RIP whoever you were.

regards Worgeordie

Hm, not sure if you are serious or cynical. In fact, some ppl who commit suicide like hanging themselves DO tie their own hands before suicide, to prevent themselves freeing.

Not sure, thats what you mean?

Edited by herwin1234
  • Like 2

No stabbings in the back this time? Must be suicide.

• Like 1