BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: Foreigner found in the sea off Koh Larn: Neck was tied to rock to weigh down the body

2 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

His hands were not tied to his back. i guess its just a cynical anti Thailand joke.

As somebody else pointed out, most likely its a suicide. So really no need for your sarcasm when somebody a fello farang took his own life.

I think you are mistaken, suicide made by foreigner is always done by jumping from balcony while being naked. 

6 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

Hm, not sure if you are serious or cynical. In fact, some ppl who commit suicide like hanging themselves DO tie their own hands before suicide, to prevent themselves freeing.

Not sure, thats what you mean?

They can tie them behind their backs? Or they do a step through? 

The usual know-it-alls chime in with conclusions, opinions and sheer conjecture based on a news article. The story itself is pathetic, and so are some of the heartless comments.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Clearly a suicide 

Perfectly normal in Pattaya and Thailand 

18 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

Hm, not sure if you are serious or cynical. In fact, some ppl who commit suicide like hanging themselves DO tie their own hands before suicide, to prevent themselves freeing.

Not sure, thats what you mean?

In the past,  the Thai police have said the person had 

committed suicide with their hands tied BEHIND their backs.case closed .

regards worgeordie

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

people who commit suicide usually leave a note or have a well known reason like a terminal illness that friends/family would understand

life jacket to feet rock to neck means it won't be long before his feet are floating and his head isn't 

The victims identity will be revealing if ever released

jury out on this one for me 

I suspect we will never find out the truth

Keep and eye out for anyone that has suddenly gone missing unexpectedly 

From experience in my previous job, suicide notes are not always the norm.  Mental illness - depression, Bi-Polar, Schitzophrenia, PTSD etc are contributing factors.  Underlying reasons are many - financial, relationships, job loss, illness, shame, etc.  

Suicides can be impulsive or planned.  RIP to the troubled man if the coronial outcome/police finding is suicide.  I won't speculate based solely off a local news report and attempt to solve the case as many often seem to be able to do!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Why would they give a murder victim a life jacket?

I was a bit confused by this at first. A rock tied to his neck and a life jacket by his feet. How puzzling.

Then the penny dropped. Float the rock out to sea in the life jacket, throw the rock overboard and down you go. I'll go for suicide. Very sad and somewhat disturbing that there are so many here.

And why do you think he needed a phone charger? Looking for a plug? RIP anyway 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I am happy to report the case is now closed.

Verdict: Murder by Suicide

Culprit: Pattaya 

Motive: Loss of face/Money Dispute/Stilted Lover/Bankruptcy

Proposed Sentence: One year without Chinese tourists

Maximum Sentence if Culprit Rejects the Verdict and Sentence: One year of Chinese tourists with Coronavirus

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I'm more surprised about there actually being a tourist at Koh Larn now that the Chinese hordes are gone, than there being a floater or two.

Another rather uninformed post. Why do you feel the need to post such rubbish. I go to Koh Larn once a month. A lovely placeif you know where to go. Not a chinese tourist in sight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I was a bit confused by this at first. A rock tied to his neck and a life jacket by his feet. How puzzling.

Then the penny dropped. Float the rock out to sea in the life jacket, throw the rock overboard and down you go

+ 1 for this theory.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Let's see.  Just spitballing here...

Koh Larn is near Pattaya, correct?

Hmmm.

Another David Carradine, perhaps?

Pattaya: A deadend cul-de-sac where you got nothing left to lose except your life.

Edited by SiSePuede419

11 minutes ago, aussienam said:

From experience in my previous job, suicide notes are not always the norm.  Mental illness - depression, Bi-Polar, Schitzophrenia, PTSD etc are contributing factors.  Underlying reasons are many - financial, relationships, job loss, illness, shame, etc.  

Suicides can be impulsive or planned.  RIP to the troubled man if the coronial outcome/police finding is suicide.  I won't speculate based solely off a local news report and attempt to solve the case as many often seem to be able to do!

yes and people around all the examples you gave are aware - I just didn't go into the same level of detail as you did

as for the man found floating - nobody on TVF is in a position to solve anything, we can only give views and opinions - some more informed than others - it's called a discussion which you are taking part

5 hours ago, VYCM said:

It surprises me to see comments of RIP.

You have no idea who this guy is, he could be the worst of the worst.

I reckon it would be a good idea to hold of with RIP's until it is known who he is.

We are all equal in death. RIP and condolences to his family if he has one.