Change the Date of annual Non-O Extension (Married)

I'm on 1 Year Non-O Extensions based on marriage now for several Years in a row. My extension runs until June. Due to some private as well as business commitments I often have to travel abroad in May, June and July, which is often a bit difficult to time in order to be here to receive the approval stamp.
I also consider applying for residence in a few Years, where, as i understand, staying several Years on uninterrupted one-Year extensions is a requirement.
I am thinking of applying for a 2 Month extension to stay with my wife next time, to move the extension period away from the problematic June to July period, but I wonder if this would invalidate my status of having obtained several Years One-Year extensions and create issues when applying for residence? 

3 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

Will the residency permission stay valid after I retire from work in the future?

Yes

After you get PR you no longer need to be working.

You could apply for Thai citizenship since you married to a Thai instead of permanent residency.

26 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

Thanks but I rather keep my EU citizenship with Visa-free entries to most Countries I travel to.

You do not have renounce you current citizenship after getting Thai nationality unless your home country does not allow dual nationalities.