Roi Et to Siem Reap- Short or long connection?

Scouse123

Guys,

Middle of next month I have a trip to Siem Reap.

However, due to differing flight times and arrival at DMK, I can choose the morning flight waiting 5.5 hours at DMK for connection in the afternoon to SR or take early afternoon flight from Roi Et which gives me 1 hour 30 minutes on landing to get the plane transport bus, clear International Immigration,  with no luggage, and board the plane.

It is more or less the the same problem on the return leg.

Should I risk it or go day before and stay in the hotel at DMK? That would be a bit of a boring trip but would ensure I get the flight.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

Ive done DMK to SR several times, are you talking the Air Asia 2:50 PM ish flight? Last two trips took me 1 hour ish just to get to the gate from arrival at airport. Stay at the Amari, get a good meal and walk across to the aiport at 11:30 am.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Ive done DMK to SR several times, are you talking the Air Asia 2:50 PM ish flight? Last two trips took me 1 hour ish just to get to the gate from arrival at airport. Stay at the Amari, get a good meal and walk across to the aiport at 11:30 am.

It's actually the 15.30pm landing at 16.30pm . I think they change flying times with the seasons.

There are two Roi Et flights, one arrives at DMK at 10am and the other at 2pm.approximately.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Second the Amari, that's what i've done in the past. Not a bad hotel too and a short walkway to the checkin.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

right guys,

You've talked me into it. Thanks. I will get the Amari booked. Stress free at least!

there is a killer Steak, Cheese and Bacon Pie  at a place called Jungle Burger in Siem. Its a Kiwi place. Totally gobbleable Pie IMHO. Cheap, 200 bahtish

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

1 1/2hour at dm is plenty, do it all the time on flights to Burma from Phuket via DM.

I do clear immigration in Phuket, BUT still have time for a subway meal and 20 minute wait till boarding is called. Carry on only

phuketrichard

But you have said it yourself, you clear immigration at your starting point in Phuket1

The main point about Immigration in Bangkok, is the immigration clearance and time to do it. That's the problem as I am doing immigration at the midway point not the starting point.

I am going hand luggage only but I still have to get the bus from the plane to the arrival;s and then clear Immigration and get to the gate.

Edited by Scouse123
unfinishec text

As DMK imm/emigr. is/was mostly swamped by the millions of mainland Chinese, this is for now a lot less. How long that will last-follow the news.

If one has to stay overnite from 101, look into overland options, f.e. direct van Khorat-Border Aran/Poipet or even to the other borders more northerly.

FYI:
Roi Et to Surin is only like 60kms so barely 1 hour
driving from Surin to SR is only 3 1/2 hours.. Done it many times, easy to take ur thai car in and out

So might be faster than flying

PLUS you could make a stop at Banteay Chhmer ,a lovely temple complex that gets few visitors.