Head in hands! Poor food delivery guy left with pizzas and chicken rejected by customers

webfact

Head in hands! Poor food delivery guy left with pizzas and chicken rejected by customers

7pm.jpg

Sanook said that there was a lot of online sympathy for a food delivery guy who had delivered three pizzas and an order of BBQ chicken to a customer who rejected it all. 

A post by a relative called Nattapong Kaeophuang said that the guy was a trainee teacher doing some delivery work for....... to make ends meet. 

But the customers had rejected the food and the man - sitting disconsolately with his head in his hands outside - was faced with having to foot the bill. 

A later post indicated that a claim has been made with the delivery firm. 

As is customary in defamation fearing Thailand the delivery firm was not named - the guy had a green jacket though. 

However, Thai Rath were braver than Sanook. They mentioned Grab in their headline.

Sources: Sanook | Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-12
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

The pizzas in the photos look ordinary even for a pizza from a place that has green box branding.

Poor guy, though. The driver's really don't seem to have much recourse if the quality of food is poor from the supplier. Drivers apparently pay the supplier and then the end user buys from the driver. It is an arm's length connection from the supplier to the eater.

The company of these pizza's don't use that white plastic thing in the middle to keep the box from squeezing the pizza. 

But these pizza's look so red, maybe it is pizza salami? Guess the customer ordered another pizza?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Which seems strange. Ordering a taxi / motorcycle through Grab is card pre-payment,...no cash involved. I thought the same for food. They'll have to enforce this pre-payment for food, then the buyer can seek recourse solely from the vendor and leave the delivery driver alone.

I've only ever used delivery a couple of times and both times I paid COD. I have not given my credit card details to the delivery company. If the driver did not pay for the food at pickup, then they would need to do a return trip to the store to give the money after dropping off the food and receiving payment.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

the story is too vague to answer ....  why did the customer reject the food ?  was it a valid reason ?

why should the delivery driver pay just because the customer doesn't want to  ?

Why the customer rejected the food actually isn't important in this instance. The point is that it was rejected. The store had already been paid by the delivery guy. The delivery guy is now out of pocket, but apparently full in belly due to no fault of his own.

If the buyer had paid the store directly, the delivery driver would not have been affected. He would have either shrugged his shoulders and told the buyer to call the store.

The driver pays because that is the business model of these delivery services for COD purchases.

And just as an aside, the story might be too vague to answer because you didn't read any of the other posts before making your statement.

Edited by Farangwithaplan
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Which seems strange. Ordering a taxi / motorcycle through Grab is card pre-payment,...no cash involved. I thought the same for food. They'll have to enforce this pre-payment for food, then the buyer can seek recourse solely from the vendor and leave the delivery driver alone.

No. You can pay cash for Grab food delivery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw a guy in Pizza Hut last week that had had his delivery refused by the customer, who had waited for 2 hours and then gone out to eat. ฿1500 out of pocket.

Apparently there's not much you can do with stone cold pizza?

• Like 1

If he was a Grab delivery man,they get the order go to Pizza Company,

as an example,give them the order and pay for it,with their own money,

then when they deliver pizza,get paid,this poor bug-ger was left with

the Pizza after customer rejected it for whatever reason.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i have never been rejected but i understand it can be a terrible feeling.

You can always show you big heart and generosity by offer to pay the delivery driver in question - Proof that not all 'Farange' are bad .. ????  ...  Make a photo op - shake hands ..just remember your mask ...

29 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Why the customer rejected the food actually isn't important in this instance. The point is that it was rejected.

disagree .....  it is important as it's the fundamental reason that the delivery guy holds all the risk. If the customer pays up as required, no risk. If he doesn't ... big risk.

The business model is already in place, the wheels fall of when the receiver doesn't want to pay. 

• Like 1

Seems to me the system is very flawed and open to abuse. If the delivery pays the supplier, and the customer pays the delivery, you could actually get the food discounted heavily, tell the delivery guy you'll pay 50% or nothing, he then has to decide half is better than nothing or lose out completely, that scenario should never be allowed to happen. Crazy situation.

4 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Should make food delivery payments card only to avoid issues like this. 

No thank you. Cash only. The less I share my credit data the better. I see far too much pain and trouble caused to people from stolen credit data in my line of business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My response to that is to not rate them at all. Once I gave a driver one star off (he was an A-hole) and I noticed after that some drivers were cancelling my orders. 

I never rate. The 5 star system is flawed. Why would I offer someone 5 stars for just doing what they have been paid to do? How is it possible to show your gratitude via rating for a service that has gone over and above?

I used to give 3 star ratings and a comment that I was satisfied and that everything worked as it should have and used to get multitudes of replies asking how dare I offer a poor score? I got tired of telling them to actually read what I wrote and that satisfactory is a good outcome.

5 star ratings have created a world of sycophants and egotists.

Edited by Farangwithaplan
  • Like 2

Will that be ok when we have to wait more then 2hrs for delivery and still wrong food? May be Customer rejected delivery either too late or wrong pizzas. 

last time I ordered food and waited almost 3 hours. That’s freaking and no option to cancel once you confirm the order.  

Edited by Jaswinder