Head in hands! Poor food delivery guy left with pizzas and chicken rejected by customers

webfact

6 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

I've only ever used delivery a couple of times and both times I paid COD. I have not given my credit card details to the delivery company. If the driver did not pay for the food at pickup, then they would need to do a return trip to the store to give the money after dropping off the food and receiving payment.

This was a Grab delivery, not same as when ordering from Pizza Company directly. 

1 hour ago, Sunmaster said:

How anyone could call those things "pizza" is beyond me....only Asians and Americans I guess...

Actually, I understand there are quite a few Domino's pizza locations in Milan, Italy.

Domino's is an American pizza chain.

If Domino's wasn't popular in Milan, they would go out of business and there would be zero locations.

If you know so much about pizza from your home country name one pizza place from YOUR COUNTRY that sells pizza in Italy to Italians.

Just one.  Betcha can't.

Domino's isn't bad.  It's quick and consistent.

I've had Pepe' coal fired pizza from Connecticut (supposedly the best in America) and it's inconsistent.  Sometimes it's the best and other times it tastes like cardboard.

Domino's is consistent.  That's the appeal, just like McDonald's.

BTW, the #1 sales volume McDonald's in the world is in Paris, so apparently French food snobs love it.

By the way, have you tried Roberta's pizza from Brooklyn or Bestia's pizza from Downtown Los Angeles.

I have.  Get back to me after you try both.

America has some of the most popular food in the world.????

And if you ever make it up to Chiang Mai try "By Hand" wood fired brick oven Naples style pizza.

They import the flour, tomatoes and cheese from Italy.

Not bad for under 200B (you can't get pizza that good for that price point in your home country, sorry).

I know my Za, dude.

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, newatthis said:

Which seems strange. Ordering a taxi / motorcycle through Grab is card pre-payment,...no cash involved. I thought the same for food. They'll have to enforce this pre-payment for food, then the buyer can seek recourse solely from the vendor and leave the delivery driver alone.

INCORRECT. Customers are given the option. I always choose to pay cash. When you book the ride or the meal it tells you how much it will cost. It behooves one to have exact amount, or slightly over for a tip. Using a card does gain points for you though. 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

But the customers had rejected the food and the man - sitting disconsolately with his head in his hands outside - was faced with having to foot the bill.

Unless the delivery was very late.. that's a lot to swallow!

6 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

I've only ever used delivery a couple of times and both times I paid COD. I have not given my credit card details to the delivery company. If the driver did not pay for the food at pickup, then they would need to do a return trip to the store to give the money after dropping off the food and receiving payment.

I have ordered through a different service here in Chiang Mai. COD. Never a problem.

There was a case once before where one of these delivery riders tried to short change the customer of the order and the customer refused to pay. It turned out that the shop gave the rider the correct order but the rider enjoyed some of the order before he tried to deliver it. I will not pay if the order is incomplete, cold if it is a hot dish, been dropped or damaged by the rider. It is the delivery riders responsibility to deliver the food in good condition (hot if hot meal, not damaged in any way and the complete meal) any of these is a case for refusal to pay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

It's really not hard to make your own pizza.

Flour water yeast salt oil (optional)

Tomato sauce, cheese, basil.

Pineapple, bacon.  [<deleted> u pizza snobs]

????????????????????????????????????

You forgot onion and egg.

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

2 hours to get his pizza's, I would think 60 minutes would be enough time to order, make his pizzas and have them delivered.

Fortunately for me, I don't get take away as I have a chef who cooks for me 24/7 ????

For me 7/11

• Haha 2

My issue with these pink and green people is that I have never ordered anything from them but at least twice a week I get a delivery attempt from one or both of them. It seems that anyone ordering in a kilometre radius of my location is residing in my house somewhere.

When I tell the guys that I have not ordered they make a call and say wrong address. I f****in well know that! And no attempt to reach these companies by email of phone is possible because the phones don't work and the emails don't get a response. So I am moving onto a new tactic to deal with what has now become harassment.

I think that this Low level food delivery is a very VERY Tough job ! In just about every country !  

Like an Easy Entry, very VERY High competition industry ! ... My Friends have had to do it in Australia, and they there, ALSO have similar problems as this, ... or some times even worse ! ...

.... ???  Usually with the Small time, business owners of the shops mostly I think, who they work for. ??? ... ... And as It Goes with small time business men, ... also struggling to survive in a very competitive industry's at times also. ... and in all fields of casual work. ... 

... The desperate early Australian Farmers were cheating their casual hires hands, through the depression, right back in the 1800's I think. (From Diaries of a swag man) .... And that must have happened in just about every country also, and continued on, ever since time immemorial I think. ... so this is not a new problem either. .... 

6 hours ago, andygrr said:

Looks like pizza company why use Grab the pizza company, pizza hut and KFC have their own delivery riders. Then if the pizza is late or other problem with the order you can ask for vouchers for next time or refuse delivery no cost to delivery person.

No they use that plastic thing in the middle of the pizza so the box will not get flattened.

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

2 hours to get his pizza's, I would think 60 minutes would be enough time to order, make his pizzas and have them delivered.

Fortunately for me, I don't get take away as I have a chef who cooks for me 24/7 ????

Could I suggest your chef may be a tad more expensive than takeaway.

Having said that, my Thai GF is very insistent about me eating what she cooks while it is hot.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

True, but no indication in the OP article of WHY the delivery was rejected.

It's yet another swiss cheese full of holes Thai "news" report.... with emphasis on the "  "s.

Gee, take a rough stab at why. Three hours old means the pizzas would be as cold as a pawnbroker's heart. AFAIK pizzas are meant to be eaten hot, except by masochists.

Should reward the guy with a night out with his girlfriend , maybe a fancy dinner . How much does a driver like this make, and then to let him pay for the filthy person that calls himself a customer . This delivery company (so his boss) and the customer should be held responsible and be fined and with that money pay for the poor guys dinner . 

7 hours ago, brommers said:

My issue with these pink and green people is that I have never ordered anything from them but at least twice a week I get a delivery attempt from one or both of them. It seems that anyone ordering in a kilometre radius of my location is residing in my house somewhere.

When I tell the guys that I have not ordered they make a call and say wrong address. I f****in well know that! And no attempt to reach these companies by email of phone is possible because the phones don't work and the emails don't get a response. So I am moving onto a new tactic to deal with what has now become harassment.

“New tactic”.... as in changing addresses? They’ll still track ya down in an attempt to force that <deleted> on you. There’s no escape.

11 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

It's really not hard to make your own pizza.

Flour water yeast salt oil (optional)

Tomato sauce, cheese, basil.

Pineapple, bacon.  [<deleted> u pizza snobs]

????????????????????????????????????

got those ingredients, mixed them all together, but doesn't look like pizza, just a mess.

• Haha 1

I’m an Ubonite, and my Mrs and I order in relatively often-ish. We order from Pizza Company, Pizza Hut, Macky-Dee, KFC et al (we have two teenaged girlies to satisfy ????), and it’s always cash on delivery.

I don’t know if the delivery lads have to pay up front, and we wouldn’t know the quality of the grub until it’s paid for and then unpacked.

BUT… Every single time without exception, the grumph is piping hot, and exactly what we ordered. We have never had to wait more than 40 minutes. The delivery lads are always polite and friendly, and I always give them a 50 baht tip.

But that may just be in Ubon rather than UdonRayKornBangPhuPatabum ????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, lust said:

the last pizza we ordered from pizza company, the driver put the pizzas on his bike vertically. When we opened the boxes, all the toppings had collected onto the side of the box. I felt bad and still paid though..

Gravitational laws aside, any potholes, speedbumps, rough surfaces and sudden braking will really help in relieving a vertical pizza of it's topping... 

11 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

For me 7/11

OMG, just think about what you are putting into your system (motor), cheap oils will eventually end up giving you a broken gasket, careful what you wish for, pizza, unless it's home made with limited amount of sugar, is off of the menu.

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Could I suggest your chef may be a tad more expensive than takeaway.

Having said that, my Thai GF is very insistent about me eating what she cooks while it is hot.

I pay my chef 2,100 baht per week, for that she cooks, cleans and gives 4 kids their daily school allowance and she buys what veggies she needs from the local market if she has run out of them in the garden, mind you she still managers to get a papaya salad out of it as well ????

The ingredients she puts in our food are all first grade, oh forgot to mention in that allowance, I get dessert at least 2-3 times a week albeit it around 11pm to make sure I get a good nights rest....lol

As for spicy, no thanks, whatever she is putting in the food is working just fine, besides, I don't want to blow a fuse, did that back in 2008.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I pay my chef 2,100 baht per week, for that she cooks, cleans and gives 4 kids their daily school allowance and she buys what veggies she needs from the local market if she has run out of them in the garden, mind you she still managers to get a papaya salad out of it as well ????

The ingredients she puts in our food are all first grade, oh forgot to mention in that allowance, I get dessert at least 2-3 times a week albeit it around 11pm to make sure I get a good nights rest....lol

As for spicy, no thanks, whatever she is putting in the food is working just fine, besides, I don't want to blow a fuse, did that back in 2008.

About the same rate as me, except I shell out for electricity and internet as well. She cooks, cleans, cuts my remaining hair, and does my toenails. I think the last is to prevent damage to her nighties.

I like spicy, as long as it is not overdone. I bought about 5 kg of beef one time for a party, and one of her relatives turned it into something that could have been used as paint stripper.

As for dessert, probably not as frequent as you, no fixed time, just a mood thing. She loves the preparation before serving.