Head in hands! Poor food delivery guy left with pizzas and chicken rejected by customers

webfact

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Gee, take a rough stab at why. Three hours old means the pizzas would be as cold as a pawnbroker's heart. AFAIK pizzas are meant to be eaten hot, except by masochists.

Cold pizza for breakfast is actually pretty good!!!

Plus, there's nothing in the OP article that says anything about "three hours old".

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Cold pizza for breakfast is actually pretty good!!!

Plus, there's nothing in the OP article that says anything about "three hours old".

I was probably thinking of post #31 by Jaswinder.

Each to his own. The only thing I have cold for breakfast is orange juice.

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Except, his post had nothing to do with the details of the episode recited in the OP... He was merely talking about his own personal experience.

Oh dear. Do you have a site picked out for me in Bangkok that resembles Golgotha?

On 2/12/2020 at 11:28 AM, CharlieH said:

Seems to me the system is very flawed and open to abuse. If the delivery pays the supplier, and the customer pays the delivery, you could actually get the food discounted heavily, tell the delivery guy you'll pay 50% or nothing, he then has to decide half is better than nothing or lose out completely, that scenario should never be allowed to happen. Crazy situation.

That wouldn't be a wise things to do. You never know the delivery driver doesn't bring back a few of his mates, (or does it himself there and then), put a beating on you & take what is owed ad then some... not worth it in this country where life is cheap.

A friend of mine recently got food poisoning from a Grab delivery. How do you know how fresh the food is? How many stops did they make along the way and how long did that food bake in the hot sun? I cannot say I have much faith that I will get fresh and reliable service. 

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Brown, I would hope.

A homemade brownie or lamington from the fridge, ended up being a lamington, brought me back to life, albeit the coconut was in between my teeth for a while, love those lamingtons ????

On 2/12/2020 at 2:35 PM, Thian said:

The company of these pizza's don't use that white plastic thing in the middle to keep the box from squeezing the pizza. 

But these pizza's look so red, maybe it is pizza salami? Guess the customer ordered another pizza?

Why would the person order from Grab when they can just order from Pizza Company themselves? They have their own app too and then that person could've rejected the pizza from the Pizza Company driver.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 3:08 PM, cooked said:

I saw a guy in Pizza Hut last week that had had his delivery refused by the customer, who had waited for 2 hours and then gone out to eat. ฿1500 out of pocket.

Apparently there's not much you can do with stone cold pizza?

You can put it in on a plate and warm it up in the microwave.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Why would the person order from Grab when they can just order from Pizza Company themselves? They have their own app too and then that person could've rejected the pizza from the Pizza Company driver.

100 baht off promotions which have been offered almost everyday by Grab food for months. 

Edited by Jingthing

On 2/12/2020 at 10:20 AM, holy cow cm said:

Unless it took 2 hours to get to the customer, that customer now should be banned.

The delivery person should not be responsible if customers reject the food if it is delivered in time. That's the company's risk. This is absurd. This is always a risk with food delivery. The delivery guy should call the police.

Edited by tropo

2 hours ago, tropo said:

The delivery person should not be responsible if customers reject the food if it is delivered in time. That's the company's risk. This is absurd. This is always a risk with food delivery. The delivery guy should call the police.

Agreed. Now if there was a bite on it or some insect or something or obviously handled then yes. But otherwise no.

There is no good solution to this problem. If the driver is responsible, he can get shafted. However, if the driver is not responsible, he can not be trusted. An example of a similar company doing things the other way around is the delivery service Ninja Van. Apparently, they crowdsource the delivery, just like Grab, but the items are already paid for. I ordered something from Banggood and it was sent by Ninja Van. Imagine my surprise when when I got an email from them saying they were refunding my order minus delivery charge and charging me a restocking fee because I was not at home.

Since I had been at home for a week waiting desperately for this to show up, I knew this was a crock of fecal matter. Turns out the Ninja Van driver never tried to deliver the package. He simply marked down customer was not at home (twice) and collected his fee. Had he been responsible for the charge if he failed to deliver, you can bet he wouldn't have pulled a stunt like that.

So who do you blame in this situation, and where should your sympathies lie?  I personally blame Wall Street and wealthy investors for encouraging this business model.  I think Grab (and by extension, their investors) should be forced to accept and reimburse all expenses whenever their cowdsourced contractors fail to meet expectations for any reason.  If that was required, you can bet they would hire employees that they could control rather than entertain this doomed to fail crowdsourcing model.

As soon as these fad investments go out of favor with the investor class (as such fads always do), companies like Grab will find their subsidies have dried up and they have to exist only on the revenue they can generate.  At that point you will see them all quickly abandon this crowdsource model as way too risky and open to abuse. 

Honestly, Travis Kalanick of Uber should be forced to pay for this. It is his fault we have these issues at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bbi1 said:

And why would Grab deliver pizza company pizza's while stealing the job of their own couriers who have heated boxes for delivery? Maybe this customer didn't live in their delivery zone?

Has anyone witnessed how crazy Grab plus Pizza motorbike delivery men ride motorbikes?

I'm not surprised the food was rejected, and why should the delivery man foot the bill? For what!?

Customer services in Thailand is way below par coupled with the big headed, ego attitude, look at me territory.

• Like 1

I see two possible scenario when I would reject delivery:

1. Delivery guy pays too greedy, and take on too many delivery in one round.

A pizza shouldn't be cold, or taking an hour plus.

2. Delivered the wrong food. If I am vegetarian, I can't give a rat a.s.s. if I get a chicken pizza and reject it. Why should I pay for other's mistake?

Bonus:

Pizza company has its own ( free?) Delivery, and their guys has kind a green jacket too. Just saying...

Lots of half baked ( smelling fakey) news in the net to steer emotions.

Why not get the facts?

One would think with a local story it would be easy and simple enough to investigate.

But it seems unless someone snitch on the customer, even the smartest BMW won't find it.

Well there have been a few drivers that were acting so stupid on GPS, that our food came almost a full hour late and was completely cold. 
I did not know until the driver already left quickly and I opened the bags. I would certainly have refused that otherwise. 

Seems some try to do 2 deliveries in 1 go, I understand they are hustling but to then arrive a hour late with cold food is not really acceptable. 
Neither would that be the fault of the restaurant, it really was the driver in that case.

Edited by ChaiyaTH