BANGKOK
webfact

Head in hands! Poor food delivery guy left with pizzas and chicken rejected by customers

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It is if he was 3 hours late.

True, but no indication in the OP article of WHY the delivery was rejected.

It's yet another swiss cheese full of holes Thai "news" report.... with emphasis on the "  "s.

• Like 1

If it was from a place with a D in it's name the boxes would have been more edible

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i have never been rejected but i understand it can be a terrible feeling.

Well with your good looks, not surprised no rejection...

Its a ridiculous policy that drivers are held responsible!  BLAME TGE RESTAURANT!!

Also what reason did the customers give for refusal???

2 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

If you are that precious, I would suggest you dont order in.

Since the inception of food delivery I have never once had an obviously filthy driver, though riding around in traffic makes it impossible to remain clean. Nor havr I had a drunk or smoking delivery guy.

These are people who work HARD for a baht, they do not deserve abuse from supercilious <deleted> like yourself.

I don't understand how he can live in thailand where ever minute you see someone digging his her nose, soidogs everywhere, people sneezing above food and so on.....it's sure not a clean hygienic country like we have in Europe.

• Like 1

Most of the restaurants promise 30 mins delivery time. If the motorcycle guy is way beyond this time the customer has every right to refuse acceptance of a supposed to be hot but cold meal.

Having once accepted a cold pizza delivered 1 hour and 40 minutes after ordering, I would not repeat my tolerance 😞 Not enough info in the O.P.

2 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

I pay cash with grab, I never prepay.

why? so you can reject the food?

I ordered from a service in Pattaya a few days back.  App said 35 minutes, after a couple of apologetic messages, it came in 65 minutes.  Piping hot, so not the drivers fault, restaurant busy, I was even more ready for the food by that point.

This business of going down to reception though.  No.  I don't mind tipping, but I expect delivery to my door.

I don't know how this delivery thing works in Thailand. From what I understand here in Laos, the delivery people pay a 30% premium and then charge the customer. 

So if someone orders $10 worth of food the delivery guy pays the store $13 and then charges the customer $13 and hopes for a tip. I think. Perhaps the delivery person charges the customer $14. 

I don't use the delivery service because it sure seems to be taking advantage of people. 

How anyone could call those things "pizza" is beyond me....only Asians and Americans I guess...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Lots more to this story........ But in the meantime, <deleted> it, get the beers in, Pizza all round !   

• Haha 1

Pizza left out from the time of cooking over 2 hours should be discarded to avoid possible phone poisoning. Grab says how long it will take for delivery and also updates the delivery progress in real time. 

edit: the last pizza we ordered from pizza company, the driver put the pizzas on his bike vertically. When we opened the boxes, all the toppings had collected onto the side of the box. I felt bad and still paid though..

Edited by lust
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunmaster said:

How anyone could call those things "pizza" is beyond me....only Asians and Americans I guess...

Sigh, always someone like you..

• Like 2