F1 2020-2022 Seasons

Mosha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Russel given Hamilton’s drive this coming weekend...I’ll definitely watch the race then......Bahrain 2. Great chance for him to show what he can do..don’t know how much simulator as yet he has had...if any....

10 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Russel given Hamilton’s drive this coming weekend...I’ll definitely watch the race then......Bahrain 2. Great chance for him to show what he can do..don’t know how much simulator as yet he has had...if any....

Who's going to lead his pre race pantomime?

• Confused 1

Cannot argue with this comment though :

“We are in race 17 of 17. The season was meant to start in March in Australia, but because of the coronavirus pandemic all plans were changed with Austria in July the host of the opener.

In an incredible organisational achievement, F1 have managed to get to 12 different countries and we have 10 laps of the season to go.

Everyone connected with F1 should be hugely proud that we've had any kind of season at all.” ( BBC News )

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Any races undertaken after the champion has already been decided are usually run of the mill affairs but this one ....................... sorry about that, I nodded off !!

Yes the most boring race of the season.

They could’ve left LH out instead of bringing him in the same Bottas. At least that would have added a bit of excitement for a while. A pity he didn’t miss the last race and let Russell have another go.

It looked very much like LH wasn’t fully fit anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hamilton overcomes first-lap collision with Verstappen to hunt down Leclerc for 8th British GP win

Lewis Hamilton overcame first lap contact with title rival Max Verstappen and a 10-second penalty to take an eighth British Grand Prix win at Silverstone, passing Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc – who led the majority of the race – with just three laps of the race to go, as the second Mercedes of Valtteri Bottas took P3.

Hamilton and Verstappen had sparred spectacularly throughout the first half lap of the Grand Prix, but made contact at Copse when Hamilton tried to pass up the inside into the fast sweeping corner, with Verstappen spinning hard into the barriers and out of the race – with Hamilton handed a 10-second penalty for the collision.

But a committed recovery from Hamilton saw him close down the gap to Leclerc in the final stages of the race, Hamilton passing the Monegasque driver on Lap 50 of 52 to take an emotional victory in front of an ecstatic British Grand Prix crowd – with the reigning champion closing the gap to Verstappen in the title race to just eight points.

It created incredible scenes at Silverstone – but you had to feel for Leclerc, who led so much of the British Grand Prix, but was still able to claim his first podium of the season, 70 years on from Ferrari’s first ever Grand Prix win here in 1951.

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021

Race results

POSITION TIME POINTS
1  Lewis HAMILTON Mercedes 1:58:23.284 25
2  Charles LECLERC Ferrari +3.871s 18
3  Valtteri BOTTAS Mercedes +11.125s 15
4  Lando NORRIS McLaren +28.573s 12
5  Daniel RICCIARDO McLaren +42.624s 10

Bottas in third was ahead of the McLaren pair of Lando Norris and Daniel Ricciardo, the latter doing a sterling job to hold off the attack of Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz for much of the latter half of the race, with Sainz taking P6.

Read the full story here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 9:28 AM, bangkokspurs said:

just seen on true that fox sports is not going to provide a service to asia on 1st october .....so where can we watch f1 and moto gp 

This affects most of SE Asia. I was hoping something would get sorted - and it still may - but it seems like we're the casualties in the war between the media giants Disney and Liberty Media, and the race to DTC (direct to consumer via streaming). Saw a rumor that a Saudi Arabian company is close to purchasing the F1 rights from Liberty Media. Can't see things being resolved in two weeks, so it's satellite (is that still a thing?) or stream, the latter of which will be taxed with millions in the region trying to watch.

Someone like AIS Play could (I think) make a temporary deal for the remaining races, that seems like our best hope?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well there is no doubt that MV is quick. But he is a dirty driver… reminds me of when MS took out Damon Hill to stop him winning a world championship.

And this season his son has caused a problem for LH by his crashes…

LH was correct when he commented’ ‘kin idiot’.

A big pity that LH doesn’t have even just one more point as no doubt MV will take them both out if he needs to in the final race ……

It was about time MV was pulled up for his antics….

Next year will be interesting as Russel will be mixing it with them…

• Like 1

Can anybody recommend good online stream for F1? Free or pay per view, just need stable... Big weekend starts today and I'd hate to miss important moments on jittery and stuttering streams ????

Condo I'm renting has local TV cable only, no box... I'd love to pay per view online, but I can't find anything, probably due to monopolies of big TV players...

I usually use Ripple free stream, but it's lagging sometimes, and never know which race they will cover.

I'm not from UK or US so I can't subscribe to Sky or ESPN, anyway I'd prefer pay per view and not long term because I'd only watch F1 weekends.

Does AIS, True or Dtac have some mobile TV sport packs for prepaid?

I'll ask this in a separate thread, but I'll put it here as well, thanks guys!

Hamilton and Mercedes were robbed. MM needs to go and the rules need to be firmed up … especially to stop MV’s dangerous lunges.

And Schumacher, he shouldn’t be in F1. He should take over the mantle from crashstappen. And if I remember correctly his crashes have caused a load of lost points for LH.

LH will bounce back next year. What will come of Mercedes taking their protest to a higher level?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

IMHO it's sour grapes from Mercedes.

The race could of been red flagged and restarted anyway.

They should be celebrating the constructors.

Yes, a strong case for Red Flag…then both could have restarted on new tyres.

MM gave in to Horner shouting down the phone… just before the end of the Safety Car… LH deserved to win…

• Like 1