BANGKOK
Rimmer

‘Forgotten’ tourists enjoying Chinese-free Pattaya

Just now, ThaiBunny said:

I think he means that there is no such thing as reality. Your reality and mine is completely different

Then if he is such an endowed existentialist thinker he definitely needs to expand on his thoughts seeing how us poor saps on TV are just that saps and Thai bashing red necks...

40 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

Methinks it is you against them. I'm not in your club. 

Guess you have your head in the clouds and are not very informed on what goes on here. Oh... BTW... Were I not overall happy here I would not have stayed for over a decade. And truth be told, if I could right now, I would leave but I have all my eggs in the same basket. I do not dislike all Thais, but I find that the mentality in general here is quite xenophobic and that we are less than second class citizens. If you disagree with this then we are a a stand still, and I hope I never see you posting anything negative about here or I will be sure to remind you about your post.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

So you are xenophobic to Caucasians? and never have had to pay more than a Thai in a public or governmental venue? So you have never read about how foreigners are fleeced if involved in an accident? Better get your head out of the sand bud... some day the reality of living here will catch up to you. Maybe you ain't been here long enough yet!

Answer to Q1 - no

Q2 - if justified, yes. For eg. admission to White Temple in CR is free to Thais, foreigners pay a nominal sum of 50 baht or something like that. I find that fair. It is a tourist attraction and the admission fees help to pay for upkeep and maintenance. 
Q3 - yes, have read about it especially on TVF. Doesn’t mean that it’s true. 
I’ve lived in Thailand for over 12 years, been visiting since the 80’s. Directed an office in Thailand for the MNC I worked for when I was the Regional Director for Asia. Have lived and worked in Asia for more than half my adult life. Am now close to 60, retired 4 years ago. Had as many Asian wives/girlfriends as Caucasian ones. So I reckon I’ve been ‘here’ longer than you. Got my head out of the sand a long time ago.....bud.

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

A well-known marketing trick especially practised by hotels, airlines and travel agents the world over

On Booking.com it may not be a marketing trick. Usually they have only a certain amount of rooms given by the hotel to them. They take such a high commission that hotels try to sell their rooms themselves.

If I want a Hotel that's "no room left" on Booking.com, I call them directly and usually I get a room then.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

On Booking.com it may not be a marketing trick. Usually they have only a certain amount of rooms given by the hotel to them. They take such a high commission that hotels try to sell their rooms themselves.

Perhaps you should read this investigation - https://www.fodors.com/news/news/is-booking-com-lying-to-you-when-they-tell-you-theres-only-1-room-left

32 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

So you are xenophobic to Caucasians? and never have had to pay more than a Thai in a public or governmental venue? So you have never read about how foreigners are fleeced if involved in an accident? Better get your head out of the sand bud... some day the reality of living here will catch up to you. Maybe you ain't been here long enough yet!

You can't change Thailand as much as you would wish to only your own perception. At the moment you are suffering by holding onto the hope of changing it. Which you can't and never will. Let go and be free....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

but fodors is just yet another self serving travel booking site in its own right.

they are just spruiking for sales, by bad mouthing its strongest competition 

if someone wrote false info like this, in Thailand; then booking.com could sue them for defamation?