Report a new TM6 after day trip Laos

Plan go shopping in Lao next week, but return to same address same day.So I will not be changing address or overnighting in Lao.

Does my wife need to revisit immigration and make a new report as I will obviousy have a new TM6 number.

This has never been necessary in last twenty odd years but I read of fines for non reporting and wish to do the right thing.

When you register on the IO TM30 website, you can file your TM30 report (with the new TM6 entry/departure card number) yourself.  Saves your wife a trip to your local IO, now and in future.

>> I PM-ed you a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to do it.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

When you register on the IO TM30 website, you can file your TM30 report (with the new TM6 entry/departure card number) yourself.  Saves your wife a trip to your local IO, now and in future.

>> I PM-ed you a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to do it.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum

There is a good android app that can do the job. it's called section 38

• Thanks 1

I had the experience a couple of weeks ago at Khon Kaen where my wife was told that she must complete a new TM30 every time I do a border hop as I have a new TM6 plus a new exit and entry stamp in the passport. According to Khon Kaen Immigration I have left the country and I have returned with new stamps and documents so require a new TM30 receipt in my passport.

It does not matter whether you do the TM30 in person or online but at Khon Kaen a new TM30 is required.

Edited by Russell17au

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

I had the experience a couple of weeks ago at Khon Kaen where my wife was told that she must complete a new TM30 every time I do a border hop as I have a new TM6 plus a new exit and entry stamp in the passport. According to Khon Kaen Immigration I have left the country and I have returned with new stamps and documents so require a new TM30 receipt in my passport.

It does not matter whether you do the TM30 in person or online but at Khon Kaen a new TM30 is required.

The reason being that on re-entry the new TM-6 Entry/Departure card you get has a unique number differing from your previous one.  And so the data kept at your local IO need to be updated with that new info (and of course it is also a check whether you are still residing at same address after your return). 

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The reason being that on re-entry the new TM-6 Entry/Departure card you get has a unique number differing from your previous one.  And so the data kept at your local IO need to be updated with that new info (and of course it is also a check whether you are still residing at same address after your return). 

I know how it works Peter I was involved in the industry in Australia

• Like 1