Chicken Naga Curry

SteveK

I also subscribe to Latifs some great menus on there, funnily enough i just watched this prior to reading TV

I have had it in UK but i will try to replicate here his coming week

If its a disaster i am in UK in April CURRY time!

Edited by poohy
  • Like 1

One ingredient he uses is the pickled chilli paste in this one. Seems impossible to get here - I used a mix of a few different types of chillis blended up with a few tablespoons of white vinegar, came out pretty good.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, poohy said:

If its a disaster i am in UK in April CURRY time!

Any chance you could pick up a few things whilst there, then post them when you get back to Thailand? Would cover your costs plus the price of a few beers?

mrnaga.jpeg.3ee4db083d6d68b2027e85b8c3e93e9d.jpeg

daves.thumb.jpg.ea0ee2bb2d6b07d8255f27c1398d3e89.jpg

1196211598_scotchbonnet.jpg.bdb41122d640ae48fea99b2a1a59e21d.jpg

Edited by SteveK

19 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Any chance you could pick up a few things whilst there, then post them when you get back to Thailand? Would cover your costs plus the price of a few beers?

mrnaga.jpeg.3ee4db083d6d68b2027e85b8c3e93e9d.jpeg

daves.thumb.jpg.ea0ee2bb2d6b07d8255f27c1398d3e89.jpg

1196211598_scotchbonnet.jpg.bdb41122d640ae48fea99b2a1a59e21d.jpg

Scotch Bonnet?

If it's a Naga curry, it should have Naga chilli peppers.

http://www.brightonchillishop.co.uk/blog/tag/what+is+hotter+naga+or+scotch+bonnet%3F

Scotch bonnet only if Naga not available. Sometimes can be found in ASDA.

I put them into my wet herb/spice mixes.

Coriander, garlic cloves, Naga pepper. Finely chopped. Stored in extra virgin olive oil and sea salt.

Basil used in an alternative mix.

Those two are always on standby.

A couple of my efforts, after trying the relatively poor examples in Pattaya.

IMG-20200111-WA0001.thumb.jpg.15a813948e9dc412003f509f0ff6a534.jpg

Beef Goa style if I remember correctly. Brought the lime pickle(seen on the left) with me. From Sainsburys.

Rice is possibly Brown Basmati bought locally, together with Indian spices bought locally.

• Like 1

I just had my second helping of my Isaan-cooked Naga curry, stupidly chucked in a few chilies from the garden whilst warming it up on the hob. I suspect it might wake me up in the middle of the night, thank goodness I have an en-suite bathroom. Taste sensation, though. 

4 hours ago, SteveK said:

I just had my second helping of my Isaan-cooked Naga curry, stupidly chucked in a few chilies from the garden whilst warming it up on the hob. I suspect it might wake me up in the middle of the night, thank goodness I have an en-suite bathroom. Taste sensation, though. 

Does the wife appreciate the alternative to the local food? Assuming that you have a wife. ????

4 hours ago, SteveK said:

Asian Afterburner?

I grew Habanero peppers one year - didn't care for the taste.  They had a sort of evil Nightshade flavor. I haven't tried other similar ones.  I like the small Thai peppers just fine, and some of the hotter Mexican/South American ones or some of the dried ones from India.  Resham Pati chili powder is tasty without being overbearing.