So proud to be Thai! American born funny man gets Thai nationality at last

webfact

33 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Seems his parents where children of god cultists and he was brought up in it, changed their name to the family in the 90's as a result of the accusations of widespread child sexual abuse and corporal punishment, completely barmy like most cults. Many who grew up in it have been phsycologicaly damaged, not saying he was, but you have to wonder.

I'm fairly well-versed on religion, but have never heard of this "children of god cult" which you've now mentioned twice.  What in the world are you going on about?  And, I know this family and they are very normal, highly decent folks - the furthest thing from a cult.

32 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

You stand for an anthem and criticize others about groupthink?

Priceless! 

The fact that you dont understand the difference shows the flaws in philosophical education these days.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

So what religion where his parents from then? as you know the family. I did not say he or his family were members now. They came to Thailand for a reason

https://timeline.com/children-of-god-5245a45f6a2a

Thanks for the link. It rings a bell now. Clearly not a religion, rather a cult that formed around a charismatic man's uncontrolled lust targeting vulnerable people. Anyway, I want to respect the family's privacy. I'm sure you can find out about them with some google research.