2020 Pet Export from Thailand to Manila, PH.

I am writing this so my fellow animal parents would know the updated process on how you will take home your lovely pets to the Philippines. But before that, you should think twice before adopting/buying a pet because not all breed is allowed to fly and board the plane, and you don't want your pet to be left alone and will be a hassle on your side too, you have to call or visit the airline website for the breeds of the dog that is allowed in a pressurized cabin. I only know 2 airlines that can transport our pets back to the Philippines, as of right now Thai airways and PAL are the only airlines i know who transport your pet from BKK to manila, i chose PAL. You have to go thru 2 process exporting your pet at Suvarnabhumi and importing to NAIA

Things to consider when you want to fly your pet:
a. Before buying/adopting a pet you should call the airline first.
b. There are breed that is not allowed to fly. (please talk to your airlines)
c. They should be 4 months old so they can fly.
d. They don't have plane ticket but they are considered as over baggage that is only payable at the airport. Even if you did not exceed your baggage they are still considered as excess baggage. Excess baggage fee from PAL is 331 THB / kilo, it is only payable at the check in counter.

Documents and Things needed to fly your pet:
1. Export Permit from Bangkok Livestock Office
2. Health Certificate from Regional Livestock Office
3. Travel Crate that they can stand, sit and sleep
4. Vaccination Card and Pet Passport with vaccine records
5. Microchip (this is #1 needed when you want to fly your pet with u)
6. Of course your Flight Itinerary

To get these things done your need to do 3 Steps.

STEP 1: In getting SPS Import Clearance and Valid Health certificate
1. Make sure you have the vaccination records of your pet, they are looking for deworming and vaccines for:
    - rabies
    - distemper
    - leptospirosis
    - infectious hepatitis
    - parvovirus
    - internal and external parasite

2. Get them microchip. Look for a veterinary clinic that can do your pet's microchip and ask if it's an International Standard ISO 11784, 11785. Request for a microchip certificate as well.

3. Go to http://www.intercommerce.com.ph and sign in so you can request for an import permit. (best use of this website is at Internet Explorer) after logging in you will be direct to a member's page:
    - Click the Department of Agriculture
    - Select the Create/Open SPS Import Clearance for One Time Importer
    - It will lead you to create your account
    - Please read carefully, your will be needing here the microchip number of your pet
    - After submitting the clearance, you have to wait 2 days as this is their turn around time
    - You will be printing a 3 page SPS Import clearance from their website, they will not send it to your e-mail so you have to log in again after 2 days to get the clearance.

4. When you have these things in your hand,  vaccination card & microchip certificate, photocopy it together with your passport and you need to go to Regional Livestock Office in your area, in my case I'm at Nakhon Ratchasima (North-East of Thailand) and present it to the officer in charge (note: they will not understand what you need, unless you know how to speak their language, but if not, you need to call the Bangkok Livestock Office at 02-134-0731 look for Dr. Phonphot, he handles the checking of the documentation for export).  before going to your regional office, call first the Office in Bangkok that you will call them again when you're at the regional livestock office so they will explain the Health Certificate that you need. There's no cost for this as of January 2020.

STEP 2: Getting Ready for flight
1. Buy a travel crate and don't forget its dimension W x H x L and its weight
2. Before you book call the airline first and ask which flight is available that has a pressurized cargo hold or ventilation at the baggage, then you can book your flight now.
3. Call your airlines and tell them to put on your itinerary that you will be flying your dog with you or you can e-mail them so you can send you flight details and your pet details, in my case i choose PAL ([email protected]) and hotline: +66 2-633-5713. If your have the details with you, you can e-mail it to them, they only asked me these:

booking code: ###
flight date: ####
Dog Breed: ###
Cage Dimension  W X H X L Centimeter or Inches. : ###
How many kilograms, Dog included cage. : ###

4. Then after they got the details, they will note that on your itenerary

STEP 3: Getting Export Permit
1. 2-3 days before your flight you should already be in Bangkok so you have allowance time whenever you need to fix other things for your pet.
2. Go to Freeport Zone Door 20 in Suvarnabhumi to get the the Export Permit and the the Vet will check your pet's  health status. You can pin it to grab so you will no longer think how can you go there, less hassle, go there 2-3 days before your flight and request for Export Permit. 
3. In getting the permit you need to show them these documents and they will take picture of your pet (bring all the original papers):
     - Health Clearance from the Regional Livestock Office
     - Copy of Vet Health Card/Pet Passport
     - Form R9 1/1 you can get it at the BKK livestock office
     - Copy of Microchip certificate
     - SPS Import Clearance (from BAI Philippines)
     - Copy of Passport
     - Copy of flight itenerary
     - payment of 260 THB

After getting the permit you're now ready to fly, go to PAL/airlines on your travel date and show them all the documents that you have completed the exportation process.

Now prepare the document cause you'll be needing this when you arrive in Manila:
     - Export Permit from Thailand Livestock Office

- Health Permit from Thailand Livestock Office
     - SPS Import Permit
     - Passport

- 450 PHP

When leaving and boarding advise the land FA that you have a dog on boarding and ask if they are already set and placed properly in the cabin luggage area and when you're inside the plane, advise the your plane FA that you need to go down first because you have a pet with you.

Special Note:
1. Familiarize your pet with their new cage.
2. Walk them around the night before your flight so on the day of your flight they will not be hyper.
3. Put a comfy cloth in the cage or your shirt to lessen their stress
4. Don't feed them 5 hours before your flight let them poop 3 hours before you board
5. Give them enough water

Arriving in the Philippines:

Get your baggage and your dog, go to Kiosk for Animal Quarantine, in my case i landed at NAIA 2 the kiosk is just near the bag belts. Present your papers and pay the fee and they will check the microchip of your dog.

AND THEN YOU'RE FINISH. You may take your lovely pet to you home.

• 1 year later...