Tenants rights infringed? Casalunar Village Bangsaen

Hope this is the correct place to post. I live in what is supposed to be a luxury housing estate in Bangsaen, long term rent, single house. I pay good money to be here and make use of all the facilities which are offered to residents.

Now there is a new manager and as of last week I and my family (Thai) were refused entry to the swimming pool unless we pay 200 baht per person, which is the outsider fee. They said there was a policy change this week and anyone who rents is now considered an outsider.

As far as I know there are laws protecting long term tenants. I might understand such a policy for holiday rentals from AirBNB etc but I intended to rent long term and then buy. My question is, do I have recourse to this because....

1) They are infringing on my rights to enjoy the facilities which are “included” in my rental agreement.

2) By implication, they are forcing my land lady, who is just as livid, to be in breach of contract.

3) They are discriminating between owners, and tenants.

4) It will have a negative impact on the value of the properties here as the manager told me to my face “she does not want rentals!”. So anyone who buys has a house with no rental value, Therefore, I am having serious doubts as to whether to continue considering buying a house here.

Any suggestion would be great.

On 2/12/2020 at 7:01 PM, trigger571 said:

2) By implication, they are forcing my land lady, who is just as livid, to be in breach of contract

Curious what actual contract - did your landlady sign an agreement with the village juristic when she bought the property and if so what does it say about use of common areas and renting?

Any changes to something like that would normally be voted on at an AGM which your landlady should have been made aware of. It would not be up to the "manager" or even the juristic and not sure they can enforce it against an owner who rents out in agreement with the law - after all she pays the fees presumably and therefore has the right to use the common areas as does anybody she invites?

Most "moo baans" would be very happy with long term rentals so I am wondering if the new "manager" has overstepped whatever new policy was agreed - or is trying to make some extra cash........