Chinese tourists seek extension of stay

snoop1130

Chinese tourists seek extension of stay

By The Nation

800_c5fd9d61a147afc.jpeg

Chinese tourists in Chiang Mai are asking for permission from the Immigration Office in the province to extend their stay in Thailand, out of concerns of the coronavirus outbreak in China.

About 200 to  300 Chinese tourists lined up to file their requests for visa extension per day last week.

The office would normally grant an extension of 15-day or 30-day for tourists who wish to stay longer in the country. 

However, 50 tourists from Wuhan were not allowed to remain and have been sent back to China.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382037

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-12
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, SteveK said:

They will take as many Chinese as they can because of their clandestine relationship with Mr Jinping. That is what counts, politics, because that's what brings the top bods their millions of baht through dodgy deals, backhanders and brown envelopes.

Yes current admin are criminals

• Like 1

If they're already in Thailand and want to stay longer, I think there's nothing wrong with that. By the time they apply for an extension, the incubation period would already be over, so keeping them around is less dangerous than admitting new arrivals from China.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Caldera said:

If they're already in Thailand and want to stay longer, I think there's nothing wrong with that. By the time they apply for an extension, the incubation period would already be over, so keeping them around is less dangerous than admitting new arrivals from China.

AS long as each one has sufficient money for that extra period of time. I wonder if IMO's thought of that.

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Canadian medicos have challenged China's official start of coronavirus being December.  Mathematical modelling of the spread & numbers infected suggest origin was more likely in November, 2019. 

China had been suppressing this timeline because they didn't want to admit having ignored original reports for so long.

The Associated Press
18 November 2019, 13:57
2 min read

BEIJING -- China says a 55-year-old man has been diagnosed with bubonic plague after killing and eating a wild rabbit, adding to two plague cases already discovered in the capital Beijing.

A statement from the health authority in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region north of Beijing said that as of Saturday the man was being treated at a hospital in the city of Huade.

It said investigators found the patient from rural Xilingol League consumed the rabbit on Nov. 5.

The statement said 28 people who had close contact with the man were quarantined but none has run a fever or shown other plague symptoms.

On Nov. 12, two patients also from Xilingol League were diagnosed with pneumonic plague in Beijing. No epidemiological association has been found between the two cases.

On 2/13/2020 at 11:08 AM, onebir said:

Exactly. They could well have left Wuhan before the virus emerged, and now they're being sent back into into a martial law situation where it's widespread and the health services are totally overloaded. People claim (and get) asylum for less.

I can't understand these Chinese!  The premier says they will win this war. Thousands of new hospital beds (warehouses) are being brought online. The government there is burning the dead bodies as fast as they can. The one doctor who tried to warn everyone in advance is now dead and gone. Etc etc etc...  What's there to worry about???  Go home, folks. Your mother country is awaiting you with open arms!

On 2/13/2020 at 11:42 AM, Caldera said:

They could well be carrying it without symptoms and may never get symptoms but may pass this along.  Secondly it is a green light for anyone having it in china and fearing arrest to head for thailand. 

Edited by tlandtday

On 2/13/2020 at 7:47 PM, emptypockets said:
The Associated Press
18 November 2019, 13:57
2 min read

BEIJING -- China says a 55-year-old man has been diagnosed with bubonic plague after killing and eating a wild rabbit, adding to two plague cases already discovered in the capital Beijing.

A statement from the health authority in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region north of Beijing said that as of Saturday the man was being treated at a hospital in the city of Huade.

It said investigators found the patient from rural Xilingol League consumed the rabbit on Nov. 5.

The statement said 28 people who had close contact with the man were quarantined but none has run a fever or shown other plague symptoms.

On Nov. 12, two patients also from Xilingol League were diagnosed with pneumonic plague in Beijing. No epidemiological association has been found between the two cases.

probably soon hear the Chinese restarted Myxamatosis experimentation too 

- another way to blind nature, with science

1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

They could well be carrying it without symptoms and may never get symptoms but may pass this along.  Secondly it is a green light for anyone having it in china and fearing arrest to head for thailand. 

Look, I'm all for banning new arrivals, but if someone on a tourist visa has been in Thailand for two months, I don't see how granting them an extension for another month would pose any danger. If they had the virus in the first place (with or without symptoms), they wouldn't be contagious for that long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

Look, I'm all for banning new arrivals, but if someone on a tourist visa has been in Thailand for two months, I don't see how granting them an extension for another month would pose any danger. If they had the virus in the first place (with or without symptoms), they wouldn't be contagious for that long.

That's a lot of ifs...

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I've spoken to a few Chinese who don't want to go home but the immigration in Phuket are only extending their visa for 7 days money was no problem they can afford to stay 

That's because most Chinese  visit Thailand using visa on arrival which allows 15 days stay. It can not be extended unless during medical emergencies. However a  permission to leave the country in 7 days can be obtained at the immigration by paying 1900 baht.  It's not technically an extension. 

However they can go to Lao people's democratic republic using a 30 days visa on arrival which can be extended upto 60 days I suppose. 

????????????????

A commie would never say no to another commie so I guess they would be just fine there and also feel at home after seeing the commie flag on every building there.

Edited by lovethai123
  • Like 1