Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Chinese tourists seek extension of stay

Recommended Posts

If they're already in Thailand and want to stay longer, I think there's nothing wrong with that. By the time they apply for an extension, the incubation period would already be over, so keeping them around is less dangerous than admitting new arrivals from China.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Caldera said:

If they're already in Thailand and want to stay longer, I think there's nothing wrong with that. By the time they apply for an extension, the incubation period would already be over, so keeping them around is less dangerous than admitting new arrivals from China.

 

AS long as each one has sufficient money for that extra period of time. I wonder if IMO's thought of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Canadian medicos have challenged China's official start of coronavirus being December.  Mathematical modelling of the spread & numbers infected suggest origin was more likely in November, 2019. 

China had been suppressing this timeline because they didn't want to admit having ignored original reports for so long.

The Associated Press
18 November 2019, 13:57
2 min read

BEIJING -- China says a 55-year-old man has been diagnosed with bubonic plague after killing and eating a wild rabbit, adding to two plague cases already discovered in the capital Beijing.

A statement from the health authority in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region north of Beijing said that as of Saturday the man was being treated at a hospital in the city of Huade.

It said investigators found the patient from rural Xilingol League consumed the rabbit on Nov. 5.

 

The statement said 28 people who had close contact with the man were quarantined but none has run a fever or shown other plague symptoms.

On Nov. 12, two patients also from Xilingol League were diagnosed with pneumonic plague in Beijing. No epidemiological association has been found between the two cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear god don't these dirty people ever learn? probably never cooked it properly, if at all

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 11:08 AM, onebir said:

Exactly. They could well have left Wuhan before the virus emerged, and now they're being sent back into into a martial law situation where it's widespread and the health services are totally overloaded. People claim (and get) asylum for less.

 

I can't understand these Chinese!  The premier says they will win this war. Thousands of new hospital beds (warehouses) are being brought online. The government there is burning the dead bodies as fast as they can. The one doctor who tried to warn everyone in advance is now dead and gone. Etc etc etc...  What's there to worry about???  Go home, folks. Your mother country is awaiting you with open arms!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 11:42 AM, Caldera said:

If they're already in Thailand and want to stay longer, I think there's nothing wrong with that. By the time they apply for an extension, the incubation period would already be over, so keeping them around is less dangerous than admitting new arrivals from China.

 

They could well be carrying it without symptoms and may never get symptoms but may pass this along.  Secondly it is a green light for anyone having it in china and fearing arrest to head for thailand. 

Edited by tlandtday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 7:47 PM, emptypockets said:
The Associated Press
18 November 2019, 13:57
2 min read

BEIJING -- China says a 55-year-old man has been diagnosed with bubonic plague after killing and eating a wild rabbit, adding to two plague cases already discovered in the capital Beijing.

A statement from the health authority in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region north of Beijing said that as of Saturday the man was being treated at a hospital in the city of Huade.

It said investigators found the patient from rural Xilingol League consumed the rabbit on Nov. 5.

 

The statement said 28 people who had close contact with the man were quarantined but none has run a fever or shown other plague symptoms.

On Nov. 12, two patients also from Xilingol League were diagnosed with pneumonic plague in Beijing. No epidemiological association has been found between the two cases.

probably soon hear the Chinese restarted Myxamatosis experimentation too 

 - another way to blind nature, with science

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

They could well be carrying it without symptoms and may never get symptoms but may pass this along.  Secondly it is a green light for anyone having it in china and fearing arrest to head for thailand. 

Look, I'm all for banning new arrivals, but if someone on a tourist visa has been in Thailand for two months, I don't see how granting them an extension for another month would pose any danger. If they had the virus in the first place (with or without symptoms), they wouldn't be contagious for that long.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caldera said:

Look, I'm all for banning new arrivals, but if someone on a tourist visa has been in Thailand for two months, I don't see how granting them an extension for another month would pose any danger. If they had the virus in the first place (with or without symptoms), they wouldn't be contagious for that long.

That's a lot of ifs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've spoken to a few Chinese who don't want to go home but the immigration in Phuket are only extending their visa for 7 days money was no problem they can afford to stay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I've spoken to a few Chinese who don't want to go home but the immigration in Phuket are only extending their visa for 7 days money was no problem they can afford to stay 

That's because most Chinese  visit Thailand using visa on arrival which allows 15 days stay. It can not be extended unless during medical emergencies. However a  permission to leave the country in 7 days can be obtained at the immigration by paying 1900 baht.  It's not technically an extension. 

 

However they can go to Lao people's democratic republic using a 30 days visa on arrival which can be extended upto 60 days I suppose. 

 

 😆😆😆😆

A commie would never say no to another commie so I guess they would be just fine there and also feel at home after seeing the commie flag on every building there.

Edited by lovethai123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... not to worry we  have the deputy minister of PUBIC health on the job..

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Racist post reported and removed.  Continue and face a suspension.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love you , I love you not, I love you , I love you not ,I love......................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...