BANGKOK
dreaming

Patong holiday next week after long absence. Any thoughts

I am thinking of heading down to patong for 5 days after not being there for 3 years.

My first 10 trips were all to patong before I found pattaya. I have a thai girlfriend now and want to take her to phuket.

So these are my questions.

How is Patong these days - has coronavirus killed the vibe of patong

I normally stayed at poppa palace ( now called La vintage) as it is only 200 metres from Bangla. Has anybody stayed there recently

Whats the best way to get from the airport to Patong. Book taxi through the hotel, or grab a taxi on arrival

Thanks

Was there last week. Not that busy, Many Bangla road bars fairly quiet. But its still expensive etc, but if your taking girl then you wont be buying “lady drinks” at the bars. 

I haven't been for years either but trying to get good information is getting more difficult on this site. As you can read, many have a whoring mentality which is what brought them here in the first place. Try to check out other sites which may get you further in gathering info.. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I haven't been for years either but trying to get good information is getting more difficult on this site. As you can read, many have a whoring mentality which is what brought them here in the first place. Try to check out other sites which may get you further in gathering info.. 

Maybe this thread would give you more insights:

I hope to make it there myself over next couple of months.   Been over 9 years.

My Aussie buddy says it’s Packed , bars not that busy, though, not many Chinese 

2 hours ago, Deli said:

The Chinese tourists have killed the vibe of Patong long time before the Corona Virus was born...

a real <deleted> hole patong

If you're happy in pattaya then any cesspool is fine.. no need to worry about going anywhere.

15 minutes ago, bearpolar said:

If you're happy in pattaya then any cesspool is fine.. no need to worry about going anywhere.

Spoken like the many to old to get it up 

• Haha 1

Lots of Russians these days. Not so many Chinese. It's slow, business-wise, but it's not a ghost town.

The way I like to travel from the airport, is by mini van. You can see the booths as you leave the airport. ฿200/person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alzack said:

a real <deleted> hole patong

3 hours ago, alzack said:

patong  a <deleted> place go to Benidorm

Wow- a whole 9 posts before the inevitable descended. must be a record. 😴

Curious as to the last time (if ever) you visited Phuket? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Interesting post from someone who says, "I haven't been for years.." but suddenly connects 'whoring' with the word , "here" ...

So are you here in Phuket , or are you suggesting the connection is with Thaivisa?

( Same as Pattaya ?)

Either way , most would refrain from commenting if they had little idea of the current situation...

If life is about comparisons , and we are comparing Patong to Patts , then I personally find Patong a much brighter and cheerier place to stay .

Except for the expense , as Patong would easily be  up to 30% more expensive.

But we dont have a lot to go by as to your preferences.

The beaches north and south of Patong are still great , but Patong itself has suffered water pollution  these past few High Seasons .... of course less so the past weeks as tourist numbers are clearly down , even to the casual observer like myself.

Its also evident accommodation rates are dropping as a result.

A plus for many is that theres less lady bars here now  and more live music venues .

Theres also pretty much all the food outlets you may be used to in Patts , possibly still a bit more expensive than you are used to however.

Of course there's a myriad of islands and day tours to see them , and still do the same thing they have for years.

If you could be more specific , I can look around and advise further.

Just not sure what you are looking for.

Btw , the Soi you will stay on is still pleasant and La Vintage is good , but not 'visitor friendly' now , Im told.

The airport smart  bus thru Patong  ( you can ask to get off at the school before Bangla ) ;

https://phuketsmartbus.com/

• Thanks 1