Democrats demand probe of Trump role in Stone case; Republicans unmoved

webfact

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Right, so the US AG routinely reviews and approves prosecutor sentencing recommendations in individual cases?!

Of course he does not.

He responded to Trump’s tweet like the good lapdog he is.

They probably talk about it before the tweet. But Trump could not stop himself from sending tweets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I think my questions is whether the AUSAs handling the matter submitted their proposed Sentencing Guidelines calculations to their superiors in the DOJ prior to Court submission and release, which I know is perhaps a requirement in the DOJ US Attorneys Manual of Procedure (or used to be yuk yuk).

All i have read indicates they did so.

Will be interesting hearing them explain to the judge why they recommend a range one day and dont recommend a range the next.

The judge can ignore it anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the worst thing about all this is not really Trump. There are idiots in every country.

But how it is possible that people still support that guy? And lots of those people want that he will be reelected to do more damage in the following 4 years.

What kind of people would want to have a leader like that?

And this is not about politics. The GOP could easily have a healthy and competent candidate for the presidential election this year. People could have the choice between presidential candidates from different parties who all follow the law and who don't behave like crazy. GOP politicians could change this, right now. If they don't do anything and let the orange one continue like this then Trump is not really to blame. The masses who support him are the problem.

seems like you next proposal will be to impeach 65 million + voters 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

seems like you next proposal will be to impeach 65 million + voters 

Is that a legal possibility? As far as I know it's not but then who cares about those little details, correct?

I think education would be a good idea. Imagine when the USA would spend all the money that they use now to invade other peoples' countries to educate Americans. Image educated Americans in a decade or two. Wouldn't that be an exiting idea?

"The President Tweets and the Justice Department Complies. But, of course, the president didn’t need to speak to the Justice Department. He had spoken to the entire world."

Corruption of the justice system has two major elements. The first—at issue in the Ukraine scandal—is the use of state power to go after one’s enemies. The other is the ability to restrain government power to reward one’s friends and allies.

Edited by Opl
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Im sure it will cripple him in the next election ????

Impeach this (again):

Gallup: 60% of Americans say they are better off now than when Trump took office compared to just 36% who say they are not. That is higher than during the reelection campaigns of Obama, W, Clinton, or HW Bush. 60% of independents say they're better off than three years ago.

Now, if I take a huge loan and buy a new car and house I am better off as well. For now. Look at the debt Trump amasses. During his campaign the stupid cheered to him when he announced he would get rid of the debt. They believed him when he said his tax cut would bring more money in than it would cost. All bs so far... He inherited a booming economy and again the not so smart including him connect it to him, from the first month of being president.... Just that should ring a bell, but yeah...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Im sure it will cripple him in the next election ????

Impeach this (again):

Gallup: 60% of Americans say they are better off now than when Trump took office compared to just 36% who say they are not. That is higher than during the reelection campaigns of Obama, W, Clinton, or HW Bush. 60% of independents say they're better off than three years ago.

must be a Fox News poll......

Fox News Poll: Record economy ratings, as half say Senate should remove Trump

Overall, 45 percent of voters approve of Trump’s job performance and 54 percent disapprove.  Last month it was 45-53 percent.

• Like 1

just in .....

Senate Democrats Demand Barr Resign Or Face Impeachment Over Roger Stone Case

“That is third-world behavior ― not American behavior,” Schumer continued. “This is not ordinary stuff. Never seen it before with any president.” 

Edited by Mavideol
  • Thanks 1